Khabib Nurmagomedov tells Anthony Pettis "I'm coming for you"

We all know this fight will not happen any time soon, if ever.

I'm liking Khabib a little more after this. Callin it like it is.

Let's talk about some of Pettis' fights.

1.) The Clay Guida fight- I can't believe that people are still using this as MMA math to claim that Pettis loses to every wrestler. "There's no way that Pettis is taking Henderon's UFC belt. Henderosn will just Guida him." "Pettis should go to K-1, he can't handle wrestlers." "Wrestler X is a bad matchup for Pettis, no way he wins."

Bull.

Anthony Pettis would destroy Guida in a rematch. In the fight Pettis out-struck Guida, but for some reason judges don't count strikes landed on the bottom. Pettis had all the offense in that fight- strikes, submission attemps, all Guida did was lay on him. Pettis has said that in a rematch he would concentrate on getting up more, and he has improved his BJJ since that fight.

2.) Pettis-Henderson 2. Henderson had never been submitted in the WEC or UFC, and some people even gave him the nickname "Gumby" because he was so hard to submit. Pettis landed 3 good body kicks, got taken down, attempted an armbar, then attempted another armbar and won the fight all in under 30 seconds.

In Pettis' 19 fights he has 12 finishes in the first round. Do people really believe that Khabib can lay and pray on Pettis for 25 minutes?

3.) Pettis-Henderson 1. I don't know how this got in this thread, but the rounds were scored 2-2 going into the 5th, and Pettis was winning the 5th round before the headkick. It was a close fight, but Pettis clearly won. Yeah, he didn't finish Henderson, but Pettis is the only fighter in the WEC or UFC to finish Henderson and no one else has been close. Pettis' finishing ability, striking ability, and BJJ at LW are second to none.

4.) Injuries. Injuries suck, and I think that the UFC made the wrong call with TUF and it shelves Pettis further away from fighting. However, he's only pulled out of 2 fights due to injury, and there have been 19 fight he hasn't pulled out of. I don't think that it's fair to call him injury prone yet.

5.) Khabib- yeah, it's cool he's gaining fans by trash talking, going the Chael Sonnen rout. Good for him. He's undefeated and young and has a hype train and a lot of fans. Cool.

If Khabib fights Pettis, Pettis would be the big favorite and would finish Khabib sometime in 25 minutes, if not in the first round. Pettis is a killer who will destroy any LW that he faces.

This is a good post. Pettis really didn't beat anyone aside from Bendo in the UFC.

Khabib has fought the better guys overall imo, aside from Bendo.

Khabib wouldn't almost drop a split to Stephens or get outwrestled by Guida either.
And Khabib wouldn't even beat Benson once.

Cheers.

''Pettis beat these guys for his shot: Stephens by split, cowboy and lauzon. Before that he lost to Guida.
Khabib beat: shalorus - tibau - tavares - trujillo - healy - RDA.
Pettis should shut it''

Where's your 'lol who has he beat' argument now?
You should be KTFO'd on July 5, together with your hero
Khabib won't even make it past Benson.

Pettis would KTFO Khabib.

Back