Khabib Nurmagomedov revealed that he has agreed to fight Ferguson

Just like Eddie, Conors not even top 15 at LW right?
Eddie was ok, but got his ass beat by Cerrone, had 2 lackluster split decisions against Pettis and Melendez, and then had a great performance against RDA. Conor is a top LW guy, I always thought he would be. But he hasn't put in the work at LW that Khabib and Ferg have. LW has been a killer division for over a decade, and to put together a win streak there is damn near impossible. The guy holding the belt right now hasn't put together that win streak. Khabib and Ferg have.

I hate to see this fight because I wanted both of them fighting for the real title, sucks to eliminate one for now.

Otherwise, good fight, both have great tools where the other isn't overly strong.

I'll root for Khabib but Ferguson has a real chance to beat him. Conor has to be rooting for Ferguson as well, I don't think he's quite ready for the grapple fuck that Khabib would put on him.

It was the only way it could happen with Conor on maternity leave the interim belt will ensure that Conor must face the #1 contender interim champ in his division. And stop all that Conor camp talk of Diaz 3 again or WW title.

Conor now being solely a LW he really has no place to run and his forced to finally defend. I hope Khabib/Ferguson negotiated a real good contract they have the UFC over the fire in the hottest division with it's #1 star on leave they need a stand-in.

The UFC needz to use this time to work the back of the pack LW's cage work there's a lot of good names in the top 30 being iced right now.

Last edited:
Thanks to Connor ... now we have 60 interim belts on the line ..

This should not be an interem title fight.

Conor is out until late summer.

Champions have won the belt and then rested for more than 12 months without expecting a child. Werdum was a recent case of this.

Bring on either one.

Khabib will get slept.

Tony will get slept.

On Thursday afternoon, undefeated UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov appeared on a Russian talk show to discuss a variety of topics, including his expected plans for the coming months. Nurmagomedov revealed that he is in negotiations to fight for the interim lightweight title at UFC 209 three month away. However, he is still waiting for Ferguson agree to the fight.

"90% chance that my next fight will be on March 4 at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson for the interim title", Nurmagomedov told MatchTV’s ‘Real Sports’ (h/t Tass.ru).
I wanted to see this fight last time. I just hope it doesn't get called off again

Ahhh the good old "enter him" title

Connie's booty gon' hurt after getting ran through by the Kebab

You never know, he might put it on the line against Nate.
You are missing the obvious Rubberr Match at 170 to determine once and for all who the better WW is. Then of course if Nate wins they have a 4th meeting for the title at LW. That should take 1 1/2 or 2 years.

Eddie was ok, but got his ass beat by Cerrone, had 2 lackluster split decisions against Pettis and Melendez, and then had a great performance against RDA. Conor is a top LW guy, I always thought he would be. But he hasn't put in the work at LW that Khabib and Ferg have. LW has been a killer division for over a decade, and to put together a win streak there is damn near impossible. The guy holding the belt right now hasn't put together that win streak. Khabib and Ferg have.

Its a valid point, but long story short Conor was in the queue just as long as them guys just not that queue.
Dont make it sound like he just turned up in the UFC had to beat nobody and decide who he wanted fight from day1.

Dana is not giving away interim titles in this fight.
I don't know where he got this information from.
It's a title contender match, not an interim title match.

Back