Khabib Nurmagomedov revealed that he has agreed to fight Ferguson

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
On Thursday afternoon, undefeated UFC lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov appeared on a Russian talk show to discuss a variety of topics, including his expected plans for the coming months. Nurmagomedov revealed that he is in negotiations to fight for the interim lightweight title at UFC 209 three month away. However, he is still waiting for Ferguson agree to the fight.

"90% chance that my next fight will be on March 4 at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson for the interim title", Nurmagomedov told MatchTV’s ‘Real Sports’ (h/t Tass.ru).

So that would be Khabib vs. Ferguson and possibly Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler for 209

If Ferguson agrees, he'll soon realize he's stepped into the cage with a brown bear in human flesh. He'll get mauled from bell to bell, just like MJ (to whom he lost).

I don't think he will sign on the dotted.

Great fight

I would prefer one of them to get the title shot right away since both deserve it already.

But the loser should be right there again after one win imo.

Tough fight to pick. It all depends on the question if Khabib can get the TD. But Ferguson is more dangerous than MJ on the ground and could maybe get a sub in a scramble. But I see Khabib dominating the ground. If Ferguson can avoid being on the ground too long he can pick him apart standing though. Very interesting.

So Dana saying you finish him you fight for the belt was only if Eddie wins..I see. That makes way more sense now.

Interem? Lol

Last edited:
I hate to see this fight because I wanted both of them fighting for the real title, sucks to eliminate one for now.

Otherwise, good fight, both have great tools where the other isn't overly strong.

I'll root for Khabib but Ferguson has a real chance to beat him. Conor has to be rooting for Ferguson as well, I don't think he's quite ready for the grapple fuck that Khabib would put on him.

I hate to see this fight because I wanted both of them fighting for the real title, sucks to eliminate one for now.

Why?

Who cares if its for the title or not? They are going to face each other either way after one wins the belt.

As long as its 5 rounds, they should be just as motivated to win the title eliminator fight as they are for the title shot.

lol Interim. Great fight though and needs to happen for them to stay active, and it's really the only fight that makes sense for both of them.

Looking forwards to seeing this one materialized.

Back