Khabib Nurmagomedov: I reckon that I can beat Anthony Pettis

I tend to agree.

Even though the Guida fight was years ago, he was able to TD and hold Pettis down without to much trouble. Obviously he has improved since then, I just don't think he improved enough to stuff a guy like Khabib who pressures guys nonstop.

I believe him. He woud probably suplex pettis for 5 rounds straight

What? No Sling Blade jokes? You disappoint me Sherdog.

Can he avoid the finish for 5 rounds? I'd pick him in a 3 rounder but there's a big difference, and we know Pettis doesn't fade

I reckon he's right. IMO he's the worst match up for Pettis at LW and not just because he is one of the best wrestlers in the division, because he's very well rounded and has the right style of wrestling, the clinch game, the cardio and the work rate to beat Pettis.

Can he avoid the finish for 5 rounds? I'd pick him in a 3 rounder but there's a big difference, and we know Pettis doesn't fade

You're saying this as if Khabib has cardio issues. It's weird, Khabib fights at a fast pace and has great cardio. He also has as many TKOs as he does submissions, Khabib is very well rounded.

Melendez will beat Pettis before Khabib gets a chance.

I think he represents the worst style matchup possible for him

Khabib would probably do to him what Guida did

I really like Khabib and think he's great but here's the problem: the Guida fight was long time ago and Pettis said he did some adjustments after that, Benson couldn't take him down.

Not only that, it was a 3 rounds fight, Pettis is too dangerous in a 5 rounds fights, you have to finish him if you want to win

Back