Khabib Nurmagomedov: I reckon that I can beat Anthony Pettis

I reckon he'd have a good chance but Pettis doesn't need many shots to finish someone or at least really really hurt someone and he has a wicked underrated (but probably not anymore) guard, and working with Askren wont harm your TDD

This is a fight that would be somewhat difficult to predict, mostly it'll depend on Khabib's next fight and if he shows he has decent enough striking offensively and defensively in order to set up takedowns etc

well this is not math guys. you can't say just because somebody is a better striker they'll win.
there are a lot of other factors to consider

No, he wont, not until he learns his striking. He's gonna get crashed badly by any of the following wrestlers with excellent striking: Thompson, Melendez, Bendo
When did THOMPSON say that ?!?! They train together and are friends... i can't see him talking shit about his striking.

I don't know man. I would say that Melendez would probably be the biggest challenge out of those 3. Bendo got dominated on the ground badly by Thompson and Khabib is a better grappler than Josh. Thompson and Khabib don't want to fight each other except for the title but if they fight i would pick Khabib by UD all day.

I do not see that happening. Dont succumb to the hype peer pressure :)

I mean I doubt Nurmagomedov is capable of holding any of these guys down for long and that leaves the option where he outstrikes them which I do not find too plausible at this point. I honestly think his striking game is not on a championship level as compared to his opponents at the top of the division

When did THOMPSON say that ?!?! They train together and are friends... i can't see him talking shit about his striking.

He did not say anything and I have never wrote he did.

I only expressed my opinion on a given matter.

I feel like Khabib probably could but he seems overly aggressive to the point hes almost wreckless and thats where i believe Pettis catches him be it by Strikes or an Armbar/Triangle

I realize he is nothing like Erick Silva, but the hype is very similar.

A month ago Silva was the up and coming pretty boy, now its this guy.

Ronda could armbar him twice before lunch.

You think Khabib is a pretty boy? lol

Khabib has proven he's a much better fighter than Silva. There is no comparison really.

You think Khabib is a pretty boy? lol

Khabib has proven he's a much better fighter than Silva. There is no comparison really.

100% agree.. some serious homo erotic overtones in that guys post....

I'm cool with that though

Should be an explosive matchup.

0.jpg

I think Khabib has the skills to beat him, depending on his approach.
He close the distance like Flash and has a far more creative wrestling than Bendo, and I think he can go 5 rounds with ease.

The mindset will be determinant.

Surely, if he got wrestlefucked by Guida, it was a no brainer that he'd lose to Henderson in their rematch, right? :rolleyes:

Sad to see fighters using the same logic that Sherdoggers do.

I think Khabib would beat both Bendo and Pettis.

I'm not sure about Melendez and Thomson thought.

It'll either be Khabib wins with his smother wrestling or Pettis wins via headkick ko

I think Melendez, Khabib are the two best Lightweights in the world , other than that I see Pettis beating just about everyone else

Cain, Cormier, Kabib, AKA has a bright future. Oh and MAYBE Rockhold.

Back