Khabib Nurmagomedov, future LW champ

That weird lead uppercut was obviously a technique he had for this fight because he wasn't too afraid of Healy's striking and I'm sure the guys at AKA know why they coached him like that.

As for his chin i'm pretty sure Khabib knows how to put his hands up if he's against Pettis or any other elite striker.

Khabib by suplex.

I just hope he gets a worthy opponent in his next fight. Top 5, maybe Grant if he doesn't get a shot immediately

NO. Kahbib's striking is very poor. Pettis would TKO him.

I though he had good defence with all that bobbing and weaving, especially for the guy with the shorter reach he was doing amazingly well

besides, he has the chin

I have been on the Nurmagomedov train since day 1 and I'm sticking to it.
However the guy could easily fight at 145.

LOL, the guy missed weight just 2 fights ago. Dude's not tiny for Lightweight.

Okay, not hating on anyone but here are the FightMetric totals for their fight:

Nurmagomedov takedowns=0/13
Tibau takedowns=1/6

Nurmagomedov sig. strikes=25/101
Tibau sig. strikes=28/87

Nurmagomedov total strikes=33/112
Tibau total strikes=46/110

Seem like a clear cut win for Nurmagomedov to you???

Like I said just set up the rematch with competent judges to derail Nurmagomedov's hype train.

Should Guida move back up to LW and face Pettis again to derail his hype train and dethrone him?

Maybe Khabib had a bad day. Maybe Khabib improved since that fight. Who knows?

It's happening. Not too long after he throws RDA around tomorrow.

It's going to be extremely tough for anyone in the division to stop him. Completely dominating Healy from the clinch and overall grappling is a very very big thing.

I'm well beyond impressed with his grappling. Very sneaky striking also. He will get to the title and very well may be the next champ.

I guess you're beyond beyond impressed with Bobby Green then?

Ts ...I sign for it. The guy is a beast. He will be champ soon.

I agree... Training striking at AKA will help a lot .... He should get a crack at the belt next.

I agree but thanks to TUF we have to wait until 2015 to see him take the belt. He could clean out the division before he wins the belt.

People are ridiculous. He will rag doll everyone on his way to the belt? You guys do realize he's only ever manhandled Trujilio right? He outgrinded Healy and props for that, but he doesn't straight up manhandle anyone. He went 0-11 against Tibau.

His overall takedown percentage is still less than 50% overall and that includes a huge padding from landing over 20 against Trujilio.

Let's see him fight a striker with TDD before we say he beats Pettis...

People are ridiculous. He will rag doll everyone on his way to the belt? You guys do realize he's only ever manhandled Trujilio right? He outgrinded Healy and props for that, but he doesn't straight up manhandle anyone. He went 0-11 against Tibau.

His overall takedown percentage is still less than 50% overall and that includes a huge padding from landing over 20 against Trujilio.

Out grinding Healy is impressive in my book. He may not get the TD everytime or even most of the time if statistics are correct but his pace and aggression isn't something to be ignored.

I think him winning the belt is very likely. Would love to see him fight Gil if Gil would just take the damn fight.

I agree, he's taking the belt within 1.5 years. His striking is underrated as well, people say it's sloppy but he doesn't get hit much, so who cares, Fedor's striking also looked sloppy but he's still the least hit fighter in MMA.

Sambo punches just look sloppy but there's a lot of technique to them, allowing them to take punches on the shoulders and chest, and some Sambo fighters actually parry punches with their own punches, Fedor often did it and I've seen Khabib do it a few times.

Out grinding Healy is impressive in my book. He may not get the TD everytime or even most of the time if statistics are correct but his pace and aggression isn't something to be ignored.

I think his titleshot chances are very high. Would love to see him fight Gil if Gil would just take the damn fight.

I agree with you 100%. My post was more directed towards several people who say he beats Pettis because he would take him down before he could land a strike. That is a joke. He does outgrind people and it is impressive but most of it usually happens as the fight wears on.

I am not as sure as you. But yes. I see him taking the belt.

It also includes him fighting a huge man with the best TDD in the division, besides Trujilio is a wrestler and got manhandled.

You are aware Tibau has the best TDD in the division, right?

I do agree that he wears people out though, has good cardio and fights at a fast pace, IMO he's a bad match up for Pettis because his wrestling and pace is similar to Guida's though he doesn't focus as much on control and looks for the finish more.

Pettis isn't weak against wrestlers but I do think he has trouble with a guy that has great cardio, pace and chain wrestling like a Guida or Khabib who is IMO is similar in those regards but better almost everywhere.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%. My post was more directed towards several people who say he beats Pettis because he would take him down before he could land a strike. That is a joke. He does outgrind people and it is impressive but most of it usually happens as the fight wears on.

Oh yeah gotcha now. Agree with that.

Back