Khabib Nurmagomedov, future LW champ

he deserves a title shot, far more than Thompson who was ironically in his corner

A guy that did nothing but wall-n-stall Gleison Tibau for 3 Rounds a couple fights ago (and should have lost imo) is the future champ. Okay, sure whatever you say.

A guy that got laid on by Clay Guida a couple fights ago is the future champ. Okay, sure whatever you say.

A guy that did nothing but wall-n-stall Gleison Tibau for 3 Rounds a couple fights ago (and should have lost imo) is the future champ. Okay, sure whatever you say.

The current LW champ got LNP'd by Guida which has to be worse than wall n stalling and winning.

Fighters don't always show what they're truly capable of and they improve.

I'm not sure if Khabib is ready for guys like Melendez and Bendo though.

So you're saying he could never beat the Champ who was LnP's by Clay Guida(a FW) 3 fights ago? See what I did there

Maybe...if bam bam sat down on a couple of those combos could be a different story. We will see.

so a guy that just recently got LnP by Guida can never be a champ, ok

..Been saying for years, elite Sambo > BJJ

He's one win away from that title shot.

I was really impressed.

A guy that got laid on by Clay Guida a couple fights ago is the future champ. Okay, sure whatever you say.

For everyone hating on my post: Please comprehend that Pettis did indeed clearly lose to Guida. While everyone knows Tibau clearly beat Khabib, hell watch the fight when the decision is read Tibau has a confused WTF look on his face while Khabib starts bawling and squirming around on the ground. I mean check the Sherdog play by play results for UFC 148, Khabib did nothing in that fight.

All we need is Khabib - Tibau II to diffuse the Khabib hype train.

For everyone hating on my post: Please comprehend that Pettis did indeed clearly lose to Guida. While everyone knows Tibau clearly beat Khabib, hell watch the fight when the decision is read Tibau has a confused WTF look on his face while Khabib starts bawling and squirming around on the ground. I mean check the Sherdog play by play results for UFC 148, Khabib did nothing in that fight.

once again you prove to have 0 knowledge. The only thing that was clear in that fight was that both fighters did nothing

Fedor = 4 time world combat sambo champion
Khabib = 2 time world combat sambo champion

I think it's safe to say combat sambo works. In fact, it's probably the best base for MMA.

Fedor = 4 time world combat sambo champion
Khabib = 2 time world combat sambo champion

I think it's safe to say combat sambo works. In fact, it's probably the best base for MMA.

Fedor's actually initially a judo fighter. He just switched to sambo and then to combat sambo.
Khabib is nowhere near Fedor's level.
The talent pool in judo is way deeper than that of Sambo.
btw.. I'm a huge Fedor supporter, just stating the obvious.

man did he look amazing.

It may have been a little early to call for a title shot but how can anyone even doubt the guy

I have been on the Nurmagomedov train since day 1 and I'm sticking to it.
However the guy could easily fight at 145.

once again you prove to have 0 knowledge. The only thing that was clear in that fight was that both fighters did nothing

Well, I scored it 30-27 for Tibau as did all three play by play guys from Sherdog, the guy that does it for MMAFighting had it 30-27 Tibau as well.

Maybe it's you that has "0" knowledge because Khabib went like 0-19 on takedown attempts while Tibau got like three takedowns and landed the better shots on the feet.

like Tibau did anything but defend and take punches to the face

Fedor's actually initially a judo fighter. He just switched to sambo and then to combat sambo.
Khabib is nowhere near Fedor's level.
The talent pool in judo is way deeper than that of Sambo.
btw.. I'm a huge Fedor supporter, just stating the obvious.

Different sports.

Fedor destroyed an olympic silver medalist and world champion judoka in MMA using combat sambo.

Combat sambo is the best base for MMA.

like Tibau did anything but defend and take punches to the face

Okay, not hating on anyone but here are the FightMetric totals for their fight:

Nurmagomedov takedowns=0/13
Tibau takedowns=1/6

Nurmagomedov sig. strikes=25/101
Tibau sig. strikes=28/87

Nurmagomedov total strikes=33/112
Tibau total strikes=46/110

Seem like a clear cut win for Nurmagomedov to you???

Like I said just set up the rematch with competent judges to derail Nurmagomedov's hype train.

Different sports.

Fedor destroyed an olympic silver medalist and world champion judoka in MMA using combat sambo.

Combat sambo is the best base for MMA.

Ishii looks like a LHW fighter who bulked to HW to face Fedor (the goat).
No shame in losing to him that early in his career, but that still doesn't prove anything. Ishii lost in the standup and we practically saw nothing from his judo.
Fedor has always talked about judokas like they are the top of the crop. When asked what kind of fighters he wants to face, he has always been saying that he wants top judo guys. Fedor actually failed to qualify for the russian national judo team(thanks for this), which led him to fight in Pride and in combat sambo.
My point though is that it's too hard to tell which sport is the best base for MMA, but pure sambo guys aren't the best choice IMO.

Back