Khabib Nurmagomedov, future LW champ

manub

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This guy will run through Pettis and anyone else standing in his way.

Give him Melendez or Bendo next. Then title shot if he wins. Even if he suffers a loss that will only delay his inevitable crowning.

WAR EAGLE!

ttt my poor thread is being drowned in JJ/Gus threads.

i think he should fight grant when hes back which should be early 2014, then winner fights for title, i like grant but he has been pasted up and he even stated that he is willing to fight again if he has to. i am not a of khabib i thought he was hyped to much especially the abel fight, was a win over guy def not in his league and i think he lost to tiabu but he was dominate tonight

I didn't see this LW fight, (in Europe was at 4 am), but expected this could be a war. Was it a nice fight?

NO. Kahbib's striking is very poor. Pettis would TKO him.

It's going to be extremely tough for anyone in the division to stop him. Completely dominating Healy from the clinch and overall grappling is a very very big thing.

I'm well beyond impressed with his grappling. Very sneaky striking also. He will get to the title and very well may be the next champ.

I'm cool with Khabib vs Melendez, Bendo or Grant for the title shot

You know it.

00_original_crop_north.jpg

Not with his chin just hanging in the air and Pettis holding the belt he's not.

Not with his chin just hanging in the air and Pettis holding the belt he's not.

One would also have to consider the very strong possibility that Pettis never has a chance of ever toughing his chin from being rag-dolled all night.

Very good timing, excellent takedowns, fast everywhere, he'll become a problem for most of the top guys.
Hopefully we get to see Khabib vs Dos Anjos for a #1 contender spot.

Amazing 21-0 streak too, hard to see a guy with 0 losses fighting at that level.

One would also have to consider the very strong possibility that Pettis never has a chance of ever toughing his chin from being rag-dolled all night.

That's a stretch though. Khabib uses wild punching with his chin straight in the air and a god awful lead left uppercut to set up his clinch work. I just can't help but think that if he tries that against Pettis, he's going to get countered hard every single time. Though I do agree that it could be a long night for Pettis if Khabib can consistently get ahold of him.

This guy will run through Pettis and anyone else standing in his way.

Give him Melendez or Bendo next. Then title shot if he wins. Even if he suffers a loss that will only delay his inevitable crowning.

WAR EAGLE!

How about no?

Hmm can he go five rounds? I can't see him finishing Pettis so it's basically 25 minutes of avoiding not getting his lights put out by Pettis and his striking defence doesn't really fill me with confidence.

A guy that did nothing but wall-n-stall Gleison Tibau for 3 Rounds a couple fights ago (and should have lost imo) is the future champ. Okay, sure whatever you say.

Back