Media Khabib Nurmagomedov explains why he felt bad hurting Justin Gaethje and Michael Johnson

The only time a fighter should "feel bad" is when they deliver a devastating blow to the
head after the fighter is clearly KO'd
<28>this is the pinnacle of cringe... who are you to tell Khabib how he should feel?

Good on him for taking MJs arm into consideration. I still remember when he was working on a kimura on Conor....I had a "oh shit" moment in my head like he's for sure going to break Conors arm even if he taps.

Good on him for taking MJs arm into consideration. I still remember when he was working on a kimura on Conor....I had a "oh shit" moment in my head like he's for sure going to break Conors arm even if he taps.
If not for that knee. Khabib would have taken that arm home with him. He was ripping that shit.

He was on so many levels above the competition that he chose too finish them in a less painful and dangerous way, as an act of mercy. That is GOAT shit right there

I love Khabib, but sometimes it annoys me that he acts as if he walks on water, like when he wanted to retire and said it was because his mom told him to lol
Lol weird way to take it but ok. He's just soft hearted, that's all. I relate to that.

And if I think retiring for his mom is suuuuuper understandable given the fact that he just lost his dad. Hard to be a parent watching your son go in there with people looking to beat the shit out of him. Especially without the comfort of knowing his father is there to look over him. I'm soft hearted about that stuff tho.

Personally, I think he retired for Islam, Umar, Usman, Manap, and the rest of Abdulmanap's main fighters. He has to fill his dad's shoes. Hell, in Islam's case Khabib was actively in the way of him progressing at 155. Imo, Khabib achieved what he wanted and decided to call it there, and let his underclassmen shine

Havent seen an interview quite this fake or delusional before. Probably thinks he wouldve destroyed the whole universe but just chose not to because he is such a good person.
Yet this is the same guy who hid inside the Bus instead of facing Conor in real fight and forced homeless people to do push ups. He needs to drop the humble act and try to go for 30-0.

Lol weird way to take it but ok. He's just soft hearted, that's all. I relate to that.

And if I think retiring for his mom is suuuuuper understandable given the fact that he just lost his dad. Hard to be a parent watching your son go in there with people looking to beat the shit out of him. Especially without the comfort of knowing his father is there to look over him. I'm soft hearted about that stuff tho.

Personally, I think he retired for Islam, Umar, Usman, Manap, and the rest of Abdulmanap's main fighters. He has to fill his dad's shoes. Hell, in Islam's case Khabib was actively in the way of him progressing at 155. Imo, Khabib achieved what he wanted and decided to call it there, and let his underclassmen shine
I just think he had competed his entire life and was ready to be done, it's hard for me to believe he really wanted to keep going, but his mom told him not to so he retired. She also didn't want him to fight Justin because his Dad was gone, but he still did because he's a grown man and he's gonna do what he wants when it comes to something that important

Why do you think he retired for them? So many people want to put him on the pedal stool and say he retired for all these selfless reasons, if he really wanted to keep fighting, he would have

I agree with "Khabib achieved what he wanted and decided to call it there" that's why he retired, it wasn't because of his mom, or his teammates, or anything else

I would have said the same thing if it wasn't a 1:40 second video. It is literally already cropped to the relevant parts.

Cliffs: He was careful to submit them in a way that wouldn't result in career threatening injuries, especially with Gaethje's parents sitting front row.

Cliffs are good for those users among us with hearing problems, it’s not always just a convenience thing where people just want stuff summarised

In some ways Khabib is very "honorable", but at the same time he's definitely not a "nice guy" either. What he did to Artem was proof of that, surrounding a guy with your 15+ entourage and then slapping him is not something a "nice guy" would do.

Sorry, if it been posted before.
Part of Khabib Nurmagomedov press conference ahead of Eagle FC 37 in Almaty, Kazakhstan

He's obviously full of shit. He threw punches so his tales of how he wanted only win by grappling only appeal to impressionable mongoloids.

I just think he had competed his entire life and was ready to be done, it's hard for me to believe he really wanted to keep going, but his mom told him not to so he retired. She also didn't want him to fight Justin because his Dad was gone, but he still did because he's a grown man and he's gonna do what he wants when it comes to something that important

Why do you think he retired for them? So many people want to put him on the pedal stool and say he retired for all these selfless reasons, if he really wanted to keep fighting, he would have

I agree with "Khabib achieved what he wanted and decided to call it there" that's why he retired, it wasn't because of his mom, or his teammates, or anything else
I got you feel strongly about your view of Khabib. I'm sure your walk in life (justifiably) reinforced this belief that retiring from someone else is unrealistic. I understand where you're coming from. Ultimately if he wanted to continue, he would. If the fire was still burning he'd keep fighting.

But, for me at least, it seems completely reasonable to retire for those reasons. He started fighting because of his dad. He didn't retire in 2014 because his dad convinced him not to. Once his dad was gone there was nothing pushing him. He accomplished a lot. Set a bunch of records. Did almost His mom wanted him to stop. His team needed a leader. There was no one left to make him stick it out.

I'll be real with you man, I relate to this because of personal experience. He definitely felt he did enough but everyone else was a factor. It wasn't 100% one way or the other

He's obviously full of shit. He threw punches so his tales of how he wanted only win by grappling only appeal to impressionable mongoloids.
He didn't say he only wanted to win by grappling lol. He says he didn't want to break their arms

I got you feel strongly about your view of Khabib. I'm sure your walk in life (justifiably) reinforced this belief that retiring from someone else is unrealistic. I understand where you're coming from. Ultimately if he wanted to continue, he would. If the fire was still burning he'd keep fighting.

But, for me at least, it seems completely reasonable to retire for those reasons. He started fighting because of his dad. He didn't retire in 2014 because his dad convinced him not to. Once his dad was gone there was nothing pushing him. He accomplished a lot. Set a bunch of records. Did almost His mom wanted him to stop. His team needed a leader. There was no one left to make him stick it out.

I'll be real with you man, I relate to this because of personal experience. He definitely felt he did enough but everyone else was a factor. It wasn't 100% one way or the other
I could be totally wrong, I don't know the man, this is just what I see. I think his Mom, and his teammates were other reasons to retire, but like you said if he really had the fire to keep going he would have.

I wasn't aware he wanted to retire in 2014 though, so maybe he kept going out of duty, and once that duty was gone the fire was gone. Yeah, it's definitely not 100% one way or the other, I'm just pretty cynical honestly, maybe too much lol.

Back