Khabib negotiating to fight twice in 2019: on September 7 and December 21st

Problem is that internationally there's no PPV market.
Yes thas a good point. I think there's only a very limited number of countries (3 maybe??) where its even possible to buy the PPV.
@FrankieNYC has a good handle on this stuff, he may be able to jump in with some info...

Yes thas a good point. I think there's only a very limited number of countries (3 maybe??) where its even possible to buy the PPV.
@FrankieNYC has a good handle on this stuff, he may be able to jump in with some info...

Hey man
International PPV are barely a blip
Australia was one (I don't know if it changed) but it doesn't so big numbers due to the time difference.

So any fighters international popularity doesn't play into PPV.
They have TV deals with set rights fees

Plus beginning with next PPV, the numbers will be a lot lower due to the news ESPN+ deal anyway.

That would work well for him. I guess if Max or Poirier beat him then it will be those guys vs Conor in December

Well, I was thinking... It it possible for private investors, for example, from the Middle East, organize a big fight without any organizations?
Why not?
I think Bellator had many shows on indian reservations, places where theres no responsible athletic comission or governing body.

He has said (directly or via friends/ team) that he won't fight in Vegas anymore, so its likely they'll be looking at California or NYC or somewhere (like he said) like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. He is really well-known internationally now in fight circles and I think his PPV sales will be very interesting and I think a bit higher than people think.
RUSSIA BABY!!!!

Khabib spoke today at the forum in Moscow that they are negotiating with the UFC about two potential fights: on September 7 and December 21st as well: https://khabibmcgregor.com/khabib-to-fight-september-7-2019/

Do you think it will be a winner of Max vs Dustin in September and Conor in December? Pretty quick turnaround for him isn’t?
Dude hasn't got a single thing booked.

He's talking shit just like his mate Conor.

What a fucking champ we have

What you mean? How can the contract be automatically renewed if for example, Khabib doesn’t want to renew the contract? Under his current contract he has one more fight in the UFC. He could extend this contract if he wants or if he doesn’t, UFC can’t make him fight.
The Champion clause.

“if, at the expiration of the Term, Fighter is then UFC champion, the Term shall be automatically extended for a period commencing on the Termination Date and ending on the earlier of (i) one (1) year from the Termination Date; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in three (3) bouts promoted by ZUFFA following the Termination Date (”Extension Term”). Any references to the Term herein shall be deemed to include a reference to the Extension Term, where applicable.”

Back