1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Media Khabib more likely to fight Mayweather before Conor

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ackmed, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Ackmed Red Belt

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/01/khabib-nurmagomedov-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-saudi-arabia/

The link includes video.

Cliffs:

- Saudi Arabians have offered Khabib $100 million to fight either Floyd or Conor in Saudi Arabia

- Ali says they're focused on Tony and arent looking for what's next

- But when questioned more on it, Ali says Khabib would fight Floyd next over Conor because Conor doesnt deserve LW titleshot

- finishes the interview saying "Hey bitch! Go fight Justin Gaethje, get a win, and after that come back to for a titleshot"

2. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

If Khabib beats Tony I look forward to seeing who wins between him and Dana on whether he fights Conor afterwards. Hopefully he slaps Dana for being a twit.

3. Kung Fu Kowboy Winning until he lost 2021 Staff Member Senior Moderator

I am down for Khabib to either box Mayweather or fight Mcgregor after Tony... He already said he won't fight too much longer, why not take the fights that will draw the most interest and money on his way out young...

4. MMAfanboy4life Green Belt

“100 million”

<{danawhoah}>

5. Small Town Andrew Brown Belt

Dana is not going to let khabib box Mayweather when McGregor vs Mayweather 2 is a way bigger fight.

Also I would rather see khabib wrestle an Olympic champion or something than get his face boxed off by Mayweather

As far as Saudi Arabia, I know the source is not reliable but Dana just recently claimed he is not interested in going there because Abu Dhabi is the UFCs middle east home. Which leads me to believe they may have some kind of exclusive deal with them

6. Ackmed Red Belt

When $100 million speaks I'm sure Dana would be open to negotiating

7. maxi37 Banned Banned

Why would Mayweather want to box a wrestler talk about a mismatch

8. Blanqa Blanqua Sherdog God Belt

So, he’s now been offered the 100 million he said it would take to rematch Conor but STILL DOESN’T want to?

Lol

Runnin.

9. ncboy Black Belt

No people would rather see the guys who beat McGregor. Who the heck cares about boxing Conor again? It's not Dana's money, he'd bite on that.

10. Ackmed Red Belt

He's said many times that he wants to fight Khabib, Mayweather even said it would pay him more than his Conor fight did

11. and 68 others like this Purple Belt

It truly sucks that Saudi Arabia can buy their way in. I despise that country on every level. I totally get Khabib doing business with them, because they DO have allot of money. Even the WWE bends over for those scum, but I would personally give them the finger if I was Khabib and they approached me with 100 million after already making millions, and I am not kidding.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  12. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

Floyd vs Khabib would be huge

13. LoneLynx Brown Belt

I love this. Beeb gonna retire from the UFC and go fight Mayweather in SA for 100 million. What you gonna do about it Dana with your EsPN+ PPVs?
    <36>

14. daltonames Black Belt

The key phrase here is "Ali says". Just ignore him.

15. in the liver Mo froots

khabib dropped conor. did mayweather drop conor?

<seedat>

16. Airdack sandbagging white belt bjj classes

It's real simple. Khabib's gonna be forced to fight Conor or get stripped. He doesn't have nearly as much pull as his fans think. He plans on retiring at 30-0 which would be one more fight if he beats Tony, he can't fight in Vegas (which is the fight mecca for a rea$on), and he isn't reliable. People forget the days where Khabib was in a competition with Cruz for p4p injury belt, not to mention the multiple weight cut issues.

Conor doesn't deserve a title shot, but Dana seeing Conor as the better long term investment and Khabib will get fucked over. We've seen the UFC do worse.

17. ChangeIsComing Black Belt

Who the hell would pay to watch Khabib vs Floyd? A wrestler vs a Boxer in a...fucking boxing match?? I can tell you who...no one, no one will pay for that shit it has no lure and cannot seel itselt and Khabib cant sell it either...he is not very good on his feet, there is no way that fight makes any sense at all.

This guy beats Conor and thinks he becomes the bigger seller? Not the case at all.

18. neandertal Gold Belt

He needs to get out of his contract some way then.

19. magicmarker Brown Belt

The press tour alone would be enough of a boring flop that the metrics would dictate it ought to be canceled.

Why does the UFC want to diminish their own product by sending over their best guys to get clowned on by an old Floyd Mayweather that’s much smaller and doesn’t even seem to cut weight.

20. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

You are down for him to do it because you like the idea of him making that kind of money, or you are down for him to do it because as a fan you would like to see it? Who has any interest in watching him be a giant fucking punching bag for Floyd? If they gave me $100 I would not watch that fight.