Khabib is way too elite for the rest of his division

If he doesn't do something stupid like move up to 170, he has all the tools to fairly easily retire undefeated with a good 40+ fights, he already has 22 and he's just a kid. If he gets a title right now he can be the on paper GOAT in 5 years.

His grappling and wrestling is too good, no one can hurt him, he's fast, he has a crazy gas tank, and he never stop coming at you. If he doesn't sub or TKO you, he will just technically dominate you. Dos Anjos is as elite as any top 5 LW and he had no chance at any point.

Moving up will be the dumbest move Jose Aldo will ever make if he goes through with it.

Aldo would murder him and this would be one of the biggest mismatches of all time.He's 100000 times faster and Khabib's striking is basically on Ronda's level.Also he wouldn't be able to take Aldo down...

If he doesn't do something stupid like move up to 170, he has all the tools to fairly easily retire undefeated with a good 40+ fights, he already has 22 and he's just a kid. If he gets a title right now he can be the on paper GOAT in 5 years.

His grappling and wrestling is too good, no one can hurt him, he's fast, he has a crazy gas tank, and he never stop coming at you. If he doesn't sub or TKO you, he will just technically dominate you. Dos Anjos is as elite as any top 5 LW and he had no chance at any point.

Moving up will be the dumbest move Jose Aldo will ever make if he goes through with it.

I actually really like Khabib and hope you turn out to be right. The problem is, there is simply no way to justify your statements until he fights some elite competition. Let's see him face at least 2 more top 10 guys (with at least 1 of them being top 5) before we go overboard on the hype.

Aldo would murder him and this would be one of the biggest mismatches of all time.He's 100000 times faster and Khabib's striking is basically on Ronda's level.Also he wouldn't be able to take Aldo down...

TS went overboard for sure, but to say Khabib wouldn't be able to take Aldo down seems just as crazy in the other direction.

i think Khabib has the potential to be the UFC Lightweight champion and defend the belt numerous times. His wrestling/sambo is elite. needs to work on his striking, but he is young and will improve there.
Khabib needs one more quality win over a top 10 LW and i think he deserves a shot at the belt. I believe Khabib will be the UFC LW champion in the near future.
Another important factor is reach imo and it goes as follows:
Khabib: 70inch
Bendo: 70 inch
Pettis: 73 inch
Melendez: 71inch
Thomson: 71 inch
grant: 72 inch
nate diaz: 76 inch

Spent some time on this post I see.

"Level of competition."

This. Lightweight is possibly the most stacked division.

Pettis
Melendez
Henderson
Nurmagomedov
Thompson
Cerrone
Miller
Grant

Thats stacked. Just to let you know TS, its never smart to talk in absolutes or make blanket statements, they always come back to bite you.

RDA isn't that big of a win. He's no slouch, but considering that his best win was Cerrone on a bad night, imo, he's a gatekeeper. Kabib has looked pretty solid so far, but can we give the hyperbole a rest for now? The pool only gets deeper from here and I believe we'll have a good picture of where he actually stands in the division in about 2 more fights.

It's okay Khabib, you don't need to come here and talk this way to make friends.

I don't see anyone in the division who can beat him. No one.

LOL at you thinking Aldo's tiny ass would actually have a chance let alone beat the bear wrestling monster.

I actually really like Khabib and hope you turn out to be right. The problem is, there is simply no way to justify your statements until he fights some elite competition. Let's see him face at least 2 more top 10 guys (with at least 1 of them being top 5) before we go overboard on the hype.

RDA was a top 5 and he outclass him, he's 1 more top 5 (hopefully) win to the shot

He's boring as sin, I would not be disappointed if I never saw him again. Boring as fuck

What's that?

McGregor.png

Different weight class, would still destroy Khabib.

Khabib is just another grappler with zero stand up

The Khabib and GOAT McGreggor hype is the most insane thing i have ever seen in Sherdog

Khabib is a highly skilled grappler. I like his chances of staying within the upper echelon of the LW division for a while. Whether he becomes champion, I have no idea. But he'll be a force in the division for sure.

Weidman was "just a grappler" too, before he brutally raped Anderson twice.

Back