Khabib is the biggest star in the sport.

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If McGregor is retired..and stays retired... (which he most likely won't) Khabib is now the biggest star in the sport. Hypothetically if Conor does stay retired and never fights again.. Name a bigger star across the MMA world than Khabib.. Brock does not count. And Im talking about active fighters.

Also. I enjoy the current US trends on twitter

D2kUfwdWwAEilvo.png

People will hate on this, but now that McGregor retired khabib is unarguably the most famous mma fighter internationally. Maybe not in America.

People will hate on this, but now that McGregor retired khabib is unarguably the most famous mma fighter internationally. Maybe not in America.

I also think that'll fade realllllllly fast without Conor.

No one really gave a fuck about Khabib, they hated Conor.

Is it really even close? I am not a Khabib nuthugger by any means by I recognize his skill and current stardom. Who else comes close? Maybe Anderson Silva? Jon Jones?
He might even be the biggest star in the USA

Probably. But it doesn't matter.
Both Jones and GSP(when he returns) are bigger draws

I'd be surprised if Khabib pulls more than 600-700 buys even with Tony, not to mention with someone like Poirier or Iaquinta lol

Probably. But it doesn't matter.
Both Jones and GSP(when he returns) are bigger draws

I'd be surprised if Khabib pulls more than 600-700 buys even with Tony, not to mention with someone like Poirier or Iaquinta lol

lol GSP? at this point? No, he ain't coming back

Is it really even close? I am not a Khabib nuthugger by any means by I recognize his skill and current stardom. Who else comes close? Maybe Anderson Silva? Jon Jones?
He might even be the biggest star in the USA

Without Connor I think Khabib does 400-500k ppv buys depending on opponent.

Thanks to Conor and Russia. Khabib fighting in title fights will always be a draw from now on.
Thanks to Conor. Khabib wasn't much of a star at all before beating the guy who ESPN recently ranked the fifth most famous athlete on the planet.

And don't overlook the fact that Khabib with the victory over Conor became huge in large parts of the world due to the fact that the 1.6 billion strong muslim community is desperate for heroes that represent their faith and make some kind of mark in the Western world.

Thanks to Conor. Khabib wasn't much of a star at all before beating the guy who ESPN recently ranked the fifth most famous athlete on the planet.

And don't overlook the fact that Khabib with the victory over Conor became huge in large parts of the world due to the fact that the 1.6 billion strong muslim community is desperate for heroes that represent their faith and make some kind of mark in the Western world.

Okay? Either way.. Khabib is the biggest star in the MMA world. Do you not like that he is muslim or something lol?

Okay? Either way.. Khabib is the biggest star in the MMA world. Do you not like that he is muslim or something lol?
Not quite, but it's easy to make the observation seeing as I live in a muslim majority country thanks to my girlfriend being one.

You're acting as if there are no famous or great Muslim athletes . Paul Pogba, Mesut Ozil, Mo Salah, Ngolo Kante, to name a few, are some of the best and most famous soccer players and athletes in the world. And they're all Muslims.

I got a notification on my phone from ESPN about Conor retiring lol.

Back