Khabib is not humble at ALL *proof inside*

Conor is a zero belt champ.
Accept it.

I’ve read ‘humble’ many times throughout his career on here.
Regardless, I’m not sure this is thread worthy. Most of the top talent have ego to some extent. I’ve got no problem with Khabib talking shit because he backed it up every time.
I think when people called him humble it was in direct comparison to Conor, who is clearly not humble. But I agree. Huge khabib fan but would never describe him as humble. The dude was telling Dana to feed him Conor in the middle of smeshing johnson

I think when people called him humble it was in direct comparison to Conor, who is clearly not humble. But I agree. Huge khabib fan but would never describe him as humble. The dude was telling Dana to feed him Conor in the middle of smeshing johnson
I enjoyed Conor all the way up until he fought Mayweather as well, but that ship has sailed. It’s been a fucking train wreck for him since, personally and professionally.

If he was humble he would have said: "after the fight with Conor McGregor I won the most money (ready to retire) and that's why I'm grateful to him".

This is also true for Dustin Poirier, without the crazy Conor McGregor he would never have earned that much money.

That Conor Mcgregor has a big mouth is another story... and that's why I don't like him.

He’s seems like a nice guy but yeah. He isn’t humble in the slightest and never misses a chance to speak, even though sherdog perpetuates the “quiet, humble” persona he most certainly doesn’t have.

who cares. He was a monster and most people that level have something to say.
just to respond to your "... he never misses a chance to speak..." , have to remind you he was invited on a podcast to talk , not to sit there silent .

The issue I have with this thread is that it’s addressing a problem that didn’t exist. When has anyone pushed “humble” as the defining trait of khabib? Hardworking, respectful, dominant, etc are all things people describe khabib as. But the guy was telling everyone he was the best in the world when he was barely ranked. That’s the whole reason Conor lost it and went all psycho on him because khabib called him out early. And Conor no likey when people question his self annointed deification
I've said this from the start most fighters aren't humble, they just hide it well. You can't really get to the top with a humble mentality, you just have to turn that on in interviews and with your comments. Every fighter's true side shows in certain moments, even with GSP. Mentally they all think they are the best even if they want to give humble safe answers when asked. That's the reason they were able to attain that level, you don't get there being unsure of yourself and not thinking you are the best. That's what fuels them to get to that level. They go after the best, they train to be the best and to beat the best.

I've said this from the start most fighters aren't humble, they just hide it well. You can't really get to the top with a humble mentality, you just have to turn that on in interviews and with your comments. Every fighter's true side shows in certain moments, even with GSP. Mentally they all think they are the best even if they want to give humble safe answers when asked. That's the reason they were able to attain that level, you don't get there being unsure of yourself and not thinking you are the best. That's what fuels them to get to that level. They go after the best, they train to be the best and to beat the best.
It’s also what made khabib pretty epic. He literally backed up 100% of what he said. Which is impressive because his claims were bold and bombastic from the start

The idea that Conor is a FW who dares to fight at LW is one of the dumbest that the Conor groupies have cooked up.

That aside, FW is no longer green pastures for him. Even if he somehow made the weight, his weaknesses have been exposed and there are many FWs now who can give him problems both on the feet and on the ground. There is nowhere for him to run.

Disagree with the overall tone of the thread but do agree Khabib is overrated. Yeah he was dominant but;

• He wasn’t on top for a long time
  • Didn’t beat that many highly ranked fighters
  • Won the title against Al Iaquinta?
  • Retired at 30 in his absolute prime?
He’s an amazing talent but needed to do more to put his name in the same sentence as GSP, Silva, Jones etc

That said I think he was more than capable of doing what was required and winning in dominant fashion for several more years and perhaps getting the odd super fight in, but you have to do it not just act like you did

Imagine if Canor said he’d buy dustins heart... TS would lap it up with joy haha. In fact he said much worse re Dustins wife and not a peep. Fail of a thread

You and a lot of others here are misunderstanding what it means to be ‘humble’. Thinking that you are the best, and occasionally stating that you are the best does not mean that you don’t have a generally humble attitude and have humility as a human being. The idea that you have to be a raving asshole to be an elite athlete is complete and utter bullshit.

Conor doesnt just talk the talk but he also walks the walk and thats why everyone loves him.
Khabib went running in his prime and thats why elite fans dont value him very highly.

Back