Khabib is modern day Fedor

I don’t care who you’ll give me.
Nobody fedor beat was well rounded.

You're not answering the question.

What makes Conor, Al Iaquinta, Barbosa, etc. well rounded?

:)

For sure I cannot deny there was a lot of can crushing, but even if you remove them he still has more top wins....at this point. Khabib could surpass him.
It’s all relative for sure... I don’t want to take anything away from fedor I just think the mythical level of praise he receives is totally uncalled for. A great fighter with an mma skill set at a time where there weren’t many skill sets suited for the sport

You're not answering the question.

What makes Conor, Al Iaquinta, Barbosa, etc. well rounded?

:)
They’re literally all more well rounded than just about everyone on Fedor’s resume. The only exception would be Nog and even his striking was super rudimentary. Anyone who was as well rounded or more well rounded than nog actually beat fedor

It's worth mentioning that the two most decorated UFC champions ever (GSP & Anderson), got wrecked by cans. GSP was on top when that happened. Anderson had been previously ranked #1 WW.

Fedor fought cans (mostly in between his top ranked opponents), but he didn't get schooled by them like GSP and Anderson. Plus he fought a lot more (up to 5 times a year), so it's not like he fought cans instead of top fighters.

Yes, GSP got caught and Anderson did have some bigger holes in his game at that point. I'd say that greatness comes more from top wins than not losing so I'd say they have the advantage in having more top wins, especially GSP who holds the MMA record there.

I didn't say that Fedor never fought anyone good, I just corrected someone that said that Khabib fights cans compared to what Fedor fought, which just isn't true for any high level fighter in today's MMA.

If you take Fedor's Prime, say 03-09, and cut out the "cans" (I fucking hate that term because it forced me to include fighters like Gary Goodridge and Fujita in that catagory) he fought 11 worthy opponents in 6 years. Thats about 2 a year, pretty much on par with what most modern champions do. He just supplemented that with another 10 or so high risk low reward fights against sub par competition to stay busy.

It wasn't as much his want to stay busy as it was that Pride marketed fighters in a pro wrestling fashion. Not that the lesser fighters were actual jobbers (although Rampage might disagree) but they were fights where the stars could shine and get higher status and more exposure. And I'm not saying that Pride was like pro wrestling as a negative jab against them, it's just what they modeled their shows after to a good degree.

They’re literally all more well rounded than just about everyone on Fedor’s resume. The only exception would be Nog and even his striking was super rudimentary. Anyone who was as well rounded or more well rounded than nog actually beat fedor

Really?

What makes Conor so much more well rounded than a guy like Arlovski?

Besides being a striker with KO power, Arlovski didn't panic on the ground (had grappling background), had 3 wins by sub and was only subbed once in his career. Conor has 1 win by sub and has been subbed 4 times.

So?

Except Fedor has dynamite in his hands and never jumped over a cage to attack his opponents camps

Yes, GSP got caught and Anderson did have some bigger holes in his game at that point. I'd say that greatness comes more from top wins than not losing so I'd say they have the advantage in having more top wins, especially GSP who holds the MMA record there.

I didn't say that Fedor never fought anyone good, I just corrected someone that said that Khabib fights cans compared to what Fedor fought, which just isn't true for any high level fighter in today's MMA.

WW rankings were a lot more generous than HW rankings though.

Examples: Hardy becoming #4 after beating #7 Mike Swick, Brett Rogers becoming #6 after beating #2 Arlovski. Serra going from unranked to #1 after GSP. Werdum becoming #2 after Fedor.

There several other examples like this. The top ranked wins argument is simply flawed.

Khabib is a lot more impressive, all things considered
No he's not, how dumb can you be?

The guy has 16 uber-cans as his first 16 fights. He arguably has two respected Top 10 wins.

Fedor was dusting guys like Schilt, Herring and winning titles over the #1 HW in the world by his 14th fight.

They're not even remotely comparable. Get off the glue fucko.

Really?

What makes Conor so much more well rounded than a guy like Arlovski?

Besides being a striker with KO power, Arlovski didn't panic on the ground (had grappling background), had 3 wins by sub and was only subbed once in his career. Conor has 1 win by sub and has been subbed 4 times.

So?
Conor stopped, survived and still won after surviving grappling attacks on the highest level on more than one occasion. I’m not saying Conor is super well rounded by today’s standards, but the sport is at a different level now, whether or not you like to admit it. Especially at lighter weights.

No he's not, how dumb can you be?

The guy has 16 uber-cans as his first 16 fights. He arguably has two respected Top 10 wins.

Fedor was dusting guys like Schilt, Herring and winning titles over the #1 HW in the world by his 14th fight.

They're not even remotely comparable. Get off the glue fucko.
So because khabib fought high level competition earlier in his respective career, he’s more impressive? Why do I even respond to your posts?

sherdoggers will say no, even though he is the closest fighter to fedor we have since a long time ...
There are parallels but also big differences as well. Fedor was mysterious. Khabib is open.
Fedor is dispassionate where Khabib has a dominating agressive personality that comes out in his fights.

So because khabib fought high level competition earlier in his respective career, he’s more impressive? Why do I even respond to your posts?
I'm assuming you're shaking and raging and meant to say Fedor? Proof read dipshit.

No it's because his resume is 10x better and he went 10 years undefeated in HW MMA.

Khabib has two Top 10 wins on his resume and 16 straight nobodies.

How dumb can you be?

WW rankings were a lot more generous than HW rankings though.

Examples: Hardy becoming #4 after beating #7 Mike Swick, Brett Rogers becoming #6 after beating #2 Arlovski. Serra going from unranked to #1 after GSP. Werdum becoming #2 after Fedor.

There several other examples like this. The top ranked wins argument is simply flawed.

No, they most certainly weren't. For example, Fedor got two top 10 wins over Mark Coleman, despite that the first time they met Coleman only had one win in over 3 years, and he was still ranked the second time they fought despite not getting any relevant wins between those fights (his only HW win in that time was against someone that was 0-3-1 in his last 4).

GSP has the best opposition in the mathematical systems as well, so it's not just about the normal rankings.

Russian, undefeated, undisputed, undamaged, more dominant than anyone, destroys everyone in his path, never been rocked, humble, soft-spoken, likes desserts....yes? no? Discuss.
Has he got a nice striped sweater???

I'm assuming you're shaking and raging and meant to say Fedor? Proof read dipshit.

No it's because his resume is 10x better and he went 10 years undefeated in HW MMA.

Khabib has two Top 10 wins on his resume and 16 straight nobodies.

How dumb can you be?
You really contribute nothing to this website

Khabib is fighting more impressive, more well rounded competition more consistently and being far more dominant and beating them all the exact same way. It’s overall more impressive

Going undefeated for long periods is a lot more impressive today than 15 years ago, especially at lightweight

Fedor was literally finishing dudes, at the top level thats way more impressive lmao.

Back