Khabib is modern day Fedor

Khabib is fighting cans compared to Fedor. He has like 4 top 10 wins ever.

No elite fighter today is fighting cans compared to Fedor because he faced some really unworthy ones while at the top, including a 0-1 fighter. It would me more relevant to say that he hasn't fought as many top fighters yet, although it won't be hard for Khabib to get more title defenses even at this rate.

I think going undefeated at HW is more impressive. Yes LW is more talented, but if you make one mistake at HW the fight is potentially over. That is why the HW belt has the shortest streak for consecutive defenses in the UFC.

Fedor was also way more active than Khabib. Khabib has 5 fights in 5 years, whereas Fedor had 5 fights PER YEAR in 2003 and 2004 for example.

Fan of both.
Impossible to match that activity today especially in a much more competitive ufc than the divisions fedor was fighting in

Who doesn't? Almost all the best fighters were hungry to dig themselves out of poverty.
Not Khabib. His dad is well connected. My point is he does not have a need to fight often.

Russian, undefeated, undisputed, undamaged, more dominant than anyone, destroys everyone in his path, never been rocked, humble, soft-spoken, likes desserts....yes? no? Discuss.

No.

Impossible to match that activity today especially in a much more competitive ufc than the divisions fedor was fighting in

Perhaps, but Khabib doesn't even come close. He is inactive even compared to his modern contemporaries that fight in the UFC.

Also, Khabib doesn't have that many top 10 wins if you really look at his record.

Not Khabib. His dad is well connected. My point is he does not have a need to fight often.
Ok that's fine but then how do you judge someones career who almost never fights.

I don't think you can list them among the greats. Theres gotta be a qualifying amount of fights during your prime to be deserving of being talked about.

I don't like this bullshit i'm undefeated in my prime i'm going to fight once a year (maybe) so you should think i'm the best ever.

Well Fedor was never an undefeated MMA champ, but yeah.

Perhaps, but Khabib doesn't even come close. He is inactive even compared to his modern contemporaries that fight in the UFC.

Also, Khabib doesn't have that many top 10 wins if you really look at his record.
Keeping his streak alive despite his injuries is actually impressive as shit

Also the top tens of these divisions look different than they did when fedor fought

Literally his entire ufc run aside from maybe 2 guys. The sport in general is that way. I’d list them off but everyone except Darrell horcher fits. Maybe the a couple of the first few guys like Healy, shalorus are weak too

Why are you afraid to name them?

Conor is well rounded? lol
Al Iaquinta? lol
Barbosa? lol

I'll give you Dos Anjos. So you have one… who else?

Keeping his streak alive despite his injuries is actually impressive as shit

Also the top tens of these divisions look different than they did when fedor fought

It's not like he fought through the injuries, that is why he has so few fights in recent years. It's easier to keep a streak alive when you rarely fight.

Of course the top tens look different, but you can't judge Fedor against modern standards, he had more top 10 wins against top 10 competition at the time. I am also not convinced the current HW division in UFC is better than the Pride HW division of the era.

No elite fighter today is fighting cans compared to Fedor because he faced some really unworthy ones while at the top, including a 0-1 fighter. It would me more relevant to say that he hasn't fought as many top fighters yet, although it won't be hard for Khabib to get more title defenses even at this rate.

It's worth mentioning that the two most decorated UFC champions ever (GSP & Anderson), got wrecked by cans. GSP was on top when that happened. Anderson had been previously ranked #1 WW.

Fedor fought cans (mostly in between his top ranked opponents), but he didn't get schooled by them like GSP and Anderson. Plus he fought a lot more (up to 5 times a year), so it's not like he fought cans instead of top fighters.

Last edited:
Why are you afraid to name them?

Conor is well rounded? lol
Al Iaquinta? lol
Barbosa? lol

I'll give you Dos Anjos. So you have one… who else?
I don’t care who you’ll give me.
Nobody fedor beat was well rounded.

It's not like he fought through the injuries, that is why he has so few fights in recent years. It's easier to keep a streak alive when you rarely fight.

Of course the top tens look different, but you can't judge Fedor against modern standards, he had more top 10 wins against top 10 competition at the time. I am also not convinced the current HW division in UFC is better than the Pride HW division of the era.
A lot of people aren’t convinced of that, but when you erase the trash names from his ‘legendary’ run, it seems a lot less legendary

If you take Fedor's Prime, say 03-09, and cut out the "cans" (I fucking hate that term because it forced me to include fighters like Gary Goodridge and Fujita in that catagory) he fought 11 worthy opponents in 6 years. Thats about 2 a year, pretty much on par with what most modern champions do. He just supplemented that with another 10 or so high risk low reward fights against sub par competition to stay busy.

If Khabib loses... are you gonna say he's past his prime like when Fedor started losing badly...

A lot of people aren’t convinced of that, but when you erase the trash names from his ‘legendary’ run, it seems a lot less legendary

For sure I cannot deny there was a lot of can crushing, but even if you remove them he still has more top wins....at this point. Khabib could surpass him.

Back