Khabib in s--- with fellow Dagestanis

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Sophia, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Sophia

Sophia Orange Belt Platinum Member

2 nights ago there was a protest on the border of Dagestan and Chechnya where local Dagestanis tore down Chechen street signs which were thought to be on Dagestani land.

There were videos circulating around social media of a bunch of young men hammering down the road signs and declaring "Kizlyar is not Chechnya". Local authorities have since clarified that the land the signs were on were in fact Chechen owned and have asked the Chechen government to have understanding towards the people involved.

Head of Chechen state Ramzan Kadyrov responded saying: "“We want to live in friendship and brotherhood. That’s why I’m saying, dear Dagestanis, don’t give in to provocation". He also added for those who were posting negative comments: "Watch your tongue and your fingers or we’ll break your fingers and rip your tongues out".

Khabib posted a picture of himself on IG with a caption addressing the conflict. In short, he sees fault on both sides and wishes Chechens and Dagestanis could live together as brothers. He alluded to the conflict being fueled by outside influence. Unfortunately this didn't sit well with any of his Dagestani followers who called him a traitor and a Chechen puppet, he's since disabled the comments on that post.

habib2.jpg habib3.jpg habib4.jpg habib5.jpg habib6.jpg habib7.jpg

A lot of people turned on him when he spoke out against the "sexual" play and when his family accepted cars and awards from Ramzan Kadyrov. It seems even his own people don't understand their association.

What do you all make of this? I think Khabib's time as a fighter star is limited. I feel like he'll retire within these next 2-3 years at most. I don't blame him, it must be difficult being from not only such a problematic region but the media in that country as a whole is notoriously unforgiving. He's looked drained and stressed since beating McGooGoo, he's always been a simple family guy who doesn't want the burden of attention and fame. Hopefully he'll just pave the way for other Russian stars to follow in his footsteps and make it big over here too.

2. abacadus

abacadus Yellow Card Yellow Card

Afaik stalin gave a bunch of chechen lands to dagestanis when he mass deported the former and it seems some chechens tryna take it back. Artur beterbiev for example was born in dagestan but identifies as chechen because where he is from was originally part of chechnya.

I dont see this having any impact on khabobs career or reputation. Most people seem to be supportive of his stance

TheLinguist likes this.
  3. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

So they are arguing with Khabib about not respecting borders and boundaries???

That's rich because Khabib jumped the UFC boundaries and attacked people in the crowd.

4. PulsingJones

PulsingJones White Belt

Sounds like it's just a bunch of trolls, I've seen the comments before and most of them were supportive of Khabib.

amok attitude, greenhawk and fortheo like this.
  5. TheRealWill

TheRealWill Purple Belt

Good. I don't want any harm done to Khabib, but it would be great to see him be forced to admit he comes from a land of backward savages.

6. Blanqa Blanqua

Blanqa Blanqua Silver Belt

Mercedes is his new middle name.

I like it.

7. Rea_ctor

Rea_ctor Black Belt

What's the Mercedes crack about?

8. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

looks like trolls to me and not even good ones. There's similar stupid comments on just about any important fighter's social media

9. Felis

Felis Brown Belt

We want to live in friendship and brotherhood
    Watch your tongue and your fingers or we’ll break your fingers and rip your tongues out

10. HelpYouFall

HelpYouFall Purple Belt

In the kitchen, not bothered over a steak.
    What are you talking about? He looked cool as a cucumber yesterday ...
    All these assumptions lol

Stop drumming up stupid TMZ type garbo and passing it along as facts.

11. Blanqa Blanqua

Blanqa Blanqua Silver Belt

The Chechen leader / warlord they hate gave him a Mercedes

12. loyalyolayal

loyalyolayal Steel Belt

People still hate Creed in the Caucasus?

13. MMAFanatic86

MMAFanatic86 Brown Belt

Dagestan isn't known for its gentlemen and scholars. Khabib may as well naturalize to the US.

Po likes this.
  14. Felis

Felis Brown Belt

Dunno, maybe. But don't you think there's at least a little bit of valid criticism in those comments?

Verace likes this.
  15. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

I'd need to look into it more. it would have been nice for the TS to share sources.

16. Vegesus44

Vegesus44 Black Belt

<escalate99>

17. Nate banged my mom

Nate banged my mom Yellow Belt

Actually since beating Conor he’s looked fat and happy. I’m rooting for khabib but i wouldn’t be shocked if he missed weight and someone has to step up or canceled event

18. Louie Rankin

Louie Rankin White Belt

Are there any people on this planet that have gotten over their hate towards Creed?

19. Sophia

Sophia Orange Belt Platinum Member

Pay me a teacher's salary or use the internet yourself, it's easy enough and free.

20. Grapplefest

Grapplefest Brown Belt

As far as I know, Chechens and Dagestanis consider themselves brothers and damn near the same people. The border tensions are just between a few idiots as always, and in the big picture those two peoples consider each other brothers.