Khabib: If I try to take him down and he defends, I’m going do this 100 times. Cut off his angles.

He’s been hostipalized twice for trying to cut down to 155 during that time... he’s gotten better at eating tiramisu that’s for sure
Very original joke.......Your boy had to cut 27 lbs to beat up Midgets for his belt...Which was only the first belt he had stripped to inactivity. At least Khabib signed the contract to defend his belt.....

Crazy stuff. How anyone can be sure of one outcome over another in this fight is insane. It's a coin-toss to me.

Probabilities dictate two things are likely to happen based off historical data:

Khabib will get takedowns.
Conor will land strikes.

Those are unavoidable events. I personally think if Conor can't finish it in the early rounds where he's freshest and most dangerous (under 3), then Khabib gets the decision.

Lee's wrestling credentials were earned before he ever stepped foot in the UFC.
Yeah Lee peaked as an athlete and a wrestler at 21 lol. Get a grip.

On top of that, as knowledge mma fans understand, strikers in this era know how to stuff a poorly timed or telegraphed tekedown attempts and also position themselves so the don't get set up for a deep shot easily. There are guys like guys like Khabib and prime Chael that have success just blowing through guys but its getting more and more rare. Even DC needs to set up his shots and gets stuffed. Khabib looked tired and Iaquinta was stuffing him

In the last 4 years the best wrestler Khabib has face is probably Michael johnson who couldn't take down Nate Diaz. The idea that Khabib could blow through guys at a higher level for 2+ rounds is pure speculation. Conor stuffed alvarez through footwork and positioning. Poorly timed takedown attempts were stuffed vs vs mendes also.

Failed takedowns wear people down and I doubt the ref will allow much cage stalling. If Khabib’s takedowns fail, he’ll have to try something else as his endurance can’t hold up that long at that pace.
Shit! This is a hinderance I hadn’t thought of. Protect the golden goose

I love both Conor and Khabib. The kind of match up which can play out differently each time they fight.
How would it play differently each time ? Conor tapping in the 2nd, then tapping in the 3rd ?

On Conor's chances:

“It’s impossible, brother,” Nurmagomedov said. “No really, I think it’s impossible. This is what I think. If I try to take him down one time and he defends very good, I’m going to do this 100 times. What he going to do? He don’t have conditioning, he don’t have wrestling, he don’t have grappling. When he tired, he don’t have heart. What happen? He have very good left hand, but I'm going to cut off this angle and it's nothing when I don't want to strike. What he going to do? The other guys stand with him. Why I need to stand? *laughs*
source ?

Yeah Lee peaked as an athlete and a wrestler at 21 lol. Get a grip.

On top of that, as knowledge mma fans understand, strikers in this era know how to stuff a poorly timed or telegraphed tekedown attempts and also position themselves so the don't get set up for a deep shot easily. There are guys like guys like Khabib and prime Chael that have success just blowing through guys but its getting more and more rare. Even DC needs to set up his shots and gets stuffed. Khabib looked tired and Iaquinta was stuffing him

In the last 4 years the best wrestler Khabib has face is probably Michael johnson who couldn't take down Nate Diaz. The idea that Khabib could blow through guys at a higher level for 2+ rounds is pure speculation. Conor stuffed alvarez through footwork and positioning. Poorly timed takedown attempts were stuffed vs vs mendes also.
90% of any wrestlers abilities come from their pre UFC expereince. Maybe 95%

Iaquinta is a much better wrestler than Conor.

Don't be delusional.

Conor would have made Al look foolish. Total destruction.
Styles make fights.

Contrary to popular opinion I'm not a Conor hater and I agree. Iaquinta was a bad matchup for Khabib because of his wrestling -- same could be said for Tibau and GSP.

Conor would destroy Iaquinta, just like Khabib will destroy Conor.

Lmao Conor fans acting like Conor is some take down defense wizard who will just brush off Khabib or use movement to never allow Khabib to get a finger on him.

Boy got taken down by Nate Diaze twice. Conor will get taken down and thoroughly beaten into a pulp.
Conor has only faced one wrestler in his career who was a FW.

Fighters say Khabib feels like a HW. Think about that for a second.

Back