News Khabib: I was 80% sure Tibau would get his hand raised

Arona clearly did not beat Fedor, this is a common misconception due to people not understanding the RINGS scoring system.

while this is absolutely correct it doesn't effect that little voice that tells you who won/lost a fight..

If licking the guys eye while oil checking him was scored as a KO i still wouldn't accept that guy winning..

just like I can't accept wall'n'stall while failing takedowns as a legitimate way of winning a fight.. yeah sure, the guy is neutralized but your actively avoiding to fight and on top of that you're failing at what you're attempting to do.. should missed kicks be scored? It's just the same as running away in my book..

but then again that's not the rules so i'll just have to sit my ass down and shake my fist at the gods..

Tibau did not do anything to win that fight.

You don't defend for 85% of a fight, achieve nothing and win.
Unless you're Johnny Hendricks fighting Lombard

Meh it was 7 years ago. Khabib was 23 years old and it was his first really difficult fight.

I thought Gleison Tibau won that fight but I don't whine about it

Atleast Khabib beat Conor thats what makes me sleep well at night

23 years old!!!

My god was the umbilical cord still attached????

Khabib lost to Tibau
Jones lost to Santos
Mayweather lost the first fight to Castillo

Nobody is undefeated.

Ehhh fight was so close. Honestly watching the video breakdown made me actually lean toward tibau. But not a robbery either result.

in the second fight I thought they might give the win to Tibau since he was the veteran with 16 fights there, I was about 80% sure they’d give it to him so when they raised my hand it was a burst of emotions. But then I rewatched my fight and I saw I mostly dominated and deserved the win”
So Khabib thought the UFC was corrupt and would lose for that reason and not because he thought he actually did poorly. Seem valid.

Tibau was winning till he lost but automatic rematches weren't a thang back when they fought.

So Khabib thought the UFC was corrupt and would lose for that reason and not because he thought he actually did poorly.
Yep.
Wanna fight about it?

Damn. Never seen khabib so emotional as he was here waiting for decision

Tibau probably won that fight, but whatever: almost all champions in the UFC have been granted suspect decisions. Cut the man some slack and focus more on the lousy scoring system op.

Putin gave the judges a call. Nothing you can do about it!

At the end of the interview Khabib is asked about his pull-up record and he answers that his max result is 10 reps. He says that he’s bad in pull-ups and in rope climbing but is a good runner.

Back