News Khabib: "I don't think anyone can beat [Makhachev] right now. He will run [the division]."

hope dober beats him
but I think it's one of those fights when the striker will do a big damage on the feet but the grappler will manage to get the takedown every round but without doing any damage

so I think it is gonna be a split descion for islam
like he should lose but he will win
derrick lewis style

Thanks for the sauce. Dunno whether to give him a pass on this one cos it was for a heart thing but idk enough about the science to argue either way
It wasn't a banned substance when he took it. So I give it a pass. It's not cheating until the governing body says it is. IVs were normal back in the day, now they're not

Anything that's not deemed cheating is deemed an aid but the moment it has the label of PEDs, it's cheating.

There are a ton of stuff guys are doing for recovery right now that falls into that grey area that will be banned in a few years as performance enchancing.

Last edited:
I’ll gladly be proven wrong, but I just dont see it with Islam. I think he’ll always be a good LW, but not a dominant champ.

Dat lw belt will get tossed around like Sasha Grey now that Habib is gone. Islam is legit but he will lose fights.

Say what you want but Habib, Gsp, Jones, Fedor and Anderson are once in a lifetime fighters.

You want to talk us through having 5 once in a lifetime fighters?

Khabib knows it's not true but what else is he supposed to say to his buddy? "You are good but you have never beaten me and you probably won't be champ."
apparently once in a great while islam does get the better of khabib in grappling practice, according to coach. i emphasize once in a great while.

Islam is not nearly exciting as Khabib, nor is he the clutch performer, nor is he as marketable, nor does he have a chin made of granite.

Having said that, he'll still be champ. That's how good Khabib is.

i wonder if he means run through three of the top 5 over a 3 year span and retire,

or actually beat all of the top guys then move up.

oh wait, we are talking about islam. likely to get another 5 fights before retirement at this pace.

Seems like Khabib says this about every muslim dude on the roster, which is sort of a form of xenophobia

Gonna be hard for him to get a titleshot, let alone run a division at the rate he fights.

Dude will be like 33 by the time he gets enough wins to earn a shot.

Unless some flat earther is saying that shit in the off topic forums I have never encountered someone that far removed from reality in the ufc forums
Next time Jon fights it'll likely come up again

Thanks for the sauce. Dunno whether to give him a pass on this one cos it was for a heart thing but idk enough about the science to argue either way
Melodonium shouldn't even count as a PED.

It's like the least performance enhancing "drug" ever.

no no no.you.have me all wrong dont be so fuckin defensive. i just knew you are a big Jones fan and i wad curious on your take regarding their discussion. Settle down Jesus.

I’m not buying any of this shit. It’s not to say he isn’t the real deal, but he needs to prove it. And a good start would be to actually show up to a fight and win.

Back