Khabib: "I don't need striking to make this chicken fly"

Yep. His wrestling isn't as unstoppable as many people think. Gleison Tibau was able to completely stifle it. I think Khabib was like 0/7 in takedowns in that fight.

Every current UFC champ has elite striking right now. The days of being a champ for more than 1-2 fights without being elite in every aspect of MMA is over. The competition is too good.

Yeah, and that fight wasn't a few years ago and tibau doesn't have some of the best tdd in the ufc ....

Khabib should have to have a tuneup fight before his title shot. Give him Clay Guida and see how good his wrestling and striking look in that fight.
That fight would also give us all a chance to go take a shit, or have a smoke, or go on a beer run or whatnot.

Yeah, and that fight wasn't a few years ago and tibau doesn't have some of the best tdd in the ufc ....

Khabibs been wrestling his whole life, it's not like he's going to suddenly become drastically better at wrestling all the sudden. His wrestling in that Tibau fight is about as good as it's gonna be most of his career. Maybe better now that he's had a torn acl.

Tibau's tdd is definitely good, but you can't claim its some of the best in the UFC when he hasn't even faced any of the best wrestlers in the division aside from Khabib.

Yep. His wrestling isn't as unstoppable as many people think. Gleison Tibau was able to completely stifle it. I think Khabib was like 0/7 in takedowns in that fight.

Every current UFC champ has elite striking right now. The days of being a champ for more than 1-2 fights without being elite in every aspect of MMA is over. The competition is too good.

LOL Is that why his ass was pinned to the cage for the whole fight? You realize wrestling is more than just takedowns right. Also, Tibau has some of the best TDD in UFC history.

If Khabib fights Pettis, you can safely bet that his gameplan will involve pinning Pettis to the cage and dirty boxing him up, ala Cain vs. JDS.

Khabib is a very talented wrestler.

That being said, there are a few lightweights with killer striking and TDD that could give him fits.

Too bad this isn't kickboxing. Hard to show your expert level striking when you are getting dumped on your head for the entire fight

Please. With Pettis' BJJ - if the fight goes to the ground, Khabib is finished. If the fight stays on the feet, Khabib is finished.

Unbelievable how much love people give Khabib, who has all of ONE top ten win (RDA). Whoop de do. ONE top ten win? People shit on Conor for having one top ten win.

This guy needs pointers from Askren on how to talk shit and wrestle. dude couldn't hold down a paraplegic. just hug,hug and hug.
I love how people hype up his "amazing grappling" which is actually just takedowns since he has barely controlled anyone on the ground in six UFC fights.
You realize wrestling is more than just takedowns right.
You realize that Khabib doesn't actually DO any of those things besides takedowns, right? His riding sucks.

Khabib should have to have a tuneup fight before his title shot. Give him Clay Guida and see how good his wrestling and striking look in that fight.
That fight would also give us all a chance to go take a shit, or have a smoke, or go on a beer run or whatnot.

I am in the minority, but I don't care. I think Barboza gives Khabib all he can handle with his combination of Movement, Athleticism, TDD, and leg kicks.

LOL Is that why his ass was pinned to the cage for the whole fight? You realize wrestling is more than just takedowns right. Also, Tibau has some of the best TDD in UFC history.

If Khabib fights Pettis, you can safely bet that his gameplan will involve pinning Pettis to the cage and dirty boxing him up, ala Cain vs. JDS.

That's why he almost lost, and tons of people in fact think he should of lost.

I am in the minority, but I don't care. I think Barboza gives Khabib all he can handle with his combination of Movement, Athleticism, TDD, and leg kicks.
Woah, you mean you don't actually think the rankings are a literal formality that Khabib is going to absolutely run through en route to his fifteenth title defense?

That's blasphemy!

I love how people hype up his "amazing grappling" which is actually just takedowns since he has barely controlled anyone on the ground in six UFC fights.You realize that Khabib doesn't actually DO any of those things besides takedowns, right? His riding sucks.

Don't quit your day job for MMA analysis. I'm sure a man with elite credentials in nearly every grappling art doesn't know how to keep someone down or ride them.

Khabib doesn't care if you get up or not. In fact, it's better if you constantly try to get up because you'll gas yourself incredibly quickly. Tibau was done in that 3rd round, he was literally walking backwards and getting stuck on the cage. Healy was done in the 3rd round, just laying there taking a beating unable to get up one last time. RDA was done in the 3rd round, unable to get up like he did before.

Take notes, you might learn something.

That's why he almost lost, and tons of people in fact think he should of lost.

How did he almost lose? Every single judge gave him every single round.

Khabib landed more strikes, pressed forward the entire time, pinned Tibau to the cage whenever he wanted. Tibau didn't do anything except two takedowns after which Khabib got up immediately and like one decent counter left in the second round. That was literally it. I have no idea how anyone thinks Tibau won that fight while backing up, not landing anything, and getting stuck on the cage.

Back