Khabib: "I don't need striking to make this chicken fly"

Ochem ti bazarish? Ti obosnuy kak on annoying i kak on ruskim nadoedaet.
Yeah, I am Russian myself. Quite a lot of people on Russian MMA-related forums are annoyed with his recent "trashtalk", which in Russian sounds as lame as in English. Its all basically the same - calling Pettis "paper champ", telling that he will finally "chase him down" and smash his face "by the God's will", telling how American fighters are afraid of Russians etc.

He used to be pretty respected, but nowadays his trashtalk is forced and not funny at all - I guess, this will be a major turn-off for an MMA fan in every country. Its not a Cold War for chrissake, a lot of American fighters have fans in Russia.

Fedor (or at least his public persona) still remains a role model in terms of respect and behaviour in general.

Fedor (or at least his public persona) still remains a role model in terms of respect and behaviour in general.

And that is why Fedor is respected around the world.

Its amazing how Khabib had 6 fights in the UFC with being koed or dropped, but somehow he cant even stand with Pettis for 1 min now. Khabib never said he is gonna wrestle every min, but people are forgetting when such a strong wrestler is fighting a striker, it affects the striker in how he strikes. Pettis will be wary of the takedowns

Too bad this isn't wrestling. Hard to show your expert level grappling when you are getting KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT ROUND FUCKING ONE
Yes, because wrestlers are always in the loosing end against strikers....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, because wrestlers are always in the loosing end against strikers....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When they can't get their opponent down "losing" is usually the end result when a good striker meets a wrestler/grappler who proclaims he don't need striking....

Well…he's right about that…..if he gets Pettis down and grapples the fight is in his world.

But Khabib is no slouch standing….guy has several KO/TKO's and some good power.

Pettis is also no slouch on the ground. If Khabib thinks all he needs to do is get Pettis down and he's safe he's in for a reality check.

If Guida could do it, why couldn't Khabib? And when it comes to grappling Khabib > Guida.

Glad to see the Khabib dick riding has died down around here, and people now see the very obvious truth.

Yeah, because it's not like Khabib is an elite fighter who everyone was right about becoming a contender. Oh wait...

Dude has championship-level talent. We haven't seen a guy use his grappling to completel manhandle the competition like him since Matt Hughes in his prime (I'm not counting DC's recent rise since his level of competition was questionable, and he didn't really manhandle Mir).

But Anthony Pettis is a seriously special fighter. I think Pettis takes it, but that doesn't mean the Khabib "dickriders" were wrong about anything.

At least he's honest. Khabib isn't coming to fight; he's coming to wrestle and hump. Pettis should decline that fight, since he gets nothing out of it. Khabib is even admitting that he's not coming to fight.

So you think that the only way to really fight is by striking ?

Forget submissions and ground and pound and slams, if you want to fight you have to dance around and throw kicks. Haha

Can't wait someone the derail Khabib's hype train. That should send him back to the prelims where he belongs with his world class ability not being able to do anything with a takedown.

Yeah, I doubt that happens. Khabib is one of the best at chaining striking and wrestling together and chaining wrestling in general. He has never ever gotten caught with anything while taking someone down. Pettis has never caught anyone shooting in on a takedown.

Even if he does get caught, Khabib has a granite chin, unlike Gilbert who ends up on queer street from a hook from Pettis or a loopy uppercut from Diego Sanchez lol.

av28w6.jpg

At some point, you are going to need striking Khabib. And that point is coming soon.

Yep. His wrestling isn't as unstoppable as many people think. Gleison Tibau was able to completely stifle it. I think Khabib was like 0/7 in takedowns in that fight.

Every current UFC champ has elite striking right now. The days of being a champ for more than 1-2 fights without being elite in every aspect of MMA is over. The competition is too good.

Back