Khabib: "I don't need striking to make this chicken fly"

Big difference one said he was going to do both and is a legit striker. where the other one does nothing but wrassle and can't strike.

I don't think ''I'm going to take down Jon Jones 100 times'' means he will do both at all. Cormier uses striking to set up his takedowns exactly like Khabib does.

Khabib has many knockouts, several submissions and outstruck 2-1 the guy who KO'd Bendo. He's more than just a Fitchesque wrestler.

He also has the style that has beaten Pettis before.

Racism, that's why.

Seems like it.

Khabib's smack talk is unique with a certain "lost in translation" quality to it.

haha yeah I have a feeling it would have been funny if we truly understood what he meant

I've never seen khabib tagged hard in the 7-8 fights of his that I've seen.

Khabib is biggest challange for pettis. That could end worse than guida fight

I don't think Khabib has ever seemed like he didn't want to fight. consecutively suplexing someone on their head untill they lose consciousness isn't the laziest thing to do in the octagon is it?

haha yeah I have a feeling it would have been funny if we truly understood what he meant

I've read some of his interviews in Russian. Dude is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Russian fans (I mean ethnic russians) are starting to get annoyed with his bullshit as well.

I've read some of his interviews in Russian. Dude is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Russian fans (I mean ethnic russians) are starting to get annoyed with his bullshit as well.

Just curious, are you Russian? What's the reason for Russian's not liking him if what you are saying is true? Is it him being cocky or his unpleasing style of fighting for some?

Too bad this isn't kickboxing. Hard to show your expert level striking when you are getting dumped on your head for the entire fight

Nah.

Pettis is going to knock Khabib silly. If Khabib even tries to take him down before that happens he's going to get armbarred.

Just curious, are you Russian? What's the reason for Russian's not liking him if what you are saying is true? Is it him being cocky or his unpleasing style of fighting for some?

Yeah, I am Russian myself. Quite a lot of people on Russian MMA-related forums are annoyed with his recent "trashtalk", which in Russian sounds as lame as in English. Its all basically the same - calling Pettis "paper champ", telling that he will finally "chase him down" and smash his face "by the God's will", telling how American fighters are afraid of Russians etc.

He used to be pretty respected, but nowadays his trashtalk is forced and not funny at all - I guess, this will be a major turn-off for an MMA fan in every country. Its not a Cold War for chrissake, a lot of American fighters have fans in Russia.

Fedor (or at least his public persona) still remains a role model in terms of respect and behaviour in general.

Yeah, I am Russian myself. Quite a lot of people on Russian MMA-related forums are annoyed with his recent "trashtalk", which in Russian sounds as lame as in English. Its all basically the same - calling Pettis "paper champ", telling that he will finally "chase him down" and smash his face "by the God's will", telling how American fighters are afraid of Russians etc.

He used to be pretty respected, but nowadays his trashtalk is forced and not funny at all - I guess, this will be a major turn-off for an MMA fan in every country. Its not a Cold War for chrissake, a lot of American fighters have fans in Russia.

Fedor (or at least his public persona) still remains a role model in terms of respect and behaviour in general.

Thanks for the info. Fedor should be a role model for every human on the planet.

You need to actually get healthy to even attempt that khabib..

Are you seriously playing the ermahgerd-injured-card with Khabib when Shelftime is the other dude in the discussion? Now that's golden.

Are you seriously playing the ermahgerd-injured-card with Khabib when Shelftime is the other dude in the discussion? Now that's golden.

Hey last I checked Pettis fought recently and is scheduled to fight again soon. We're still not even sure when Khabib will be back

Back