Khabib has nothing for Jose Aldo

Aldo would probably feint from exhaustion in that fight.

You sound pathetic, his takedowns are basic and rudimentary. He's not even top 200 in terms of wrestling in dagestan. He got into MMA cause he couldn't make the international team.
bla bla bla the Eagle blesses your ignorance

Jordan Burroughs is incredibly fast and has the best double leg in wrestling history. And I didn't say Khabib's takedowns are basic, I said his penetration step and his entry are basic...he rushes in. I know more about wrestling than you do, considering I actually wrestled throughout college.

Don't compare the GOAT burroughs to Khabib in terms of takedowns. Khabib was a failed freestyle wrestler. Jordan uses amazing feints and head snaps to get the takedown. Khabib uses none of the above and eats shots to get the takedown. Credit to Khabib cause he knows he'll win the minute the takedown is achieved.
I have spent over 11 years wrestling in Russia, in both elementary and high school, and even still do it now, studying in your country. But I guess that means nothing. Khabib is actually a failed Judoka, you should learn more about fighters before you comment on them. However, he is still a sambo world champion. To question the head snaps, this is mma, he isn't going to be in the squatted stance either. Do you suggest that Khabib reaches out for his opponent's heads and eats even more punches? He does actually feint pretty well, but he does his best work when his opponent's back is against the fence (like most other good mma wrestlers). Lastly, he is at heart, a sambo/judo style of wrestler, he has a different style, yet he still does have a decent double leg,and can get deep penetration. He has awesome chain wrestling too

But, when did I compare them? I simply stated that you slate Khabib for using basics, yet you probably praise Burroughs or Snyder for using basics. Do you expect Khabib to abandon his clinch wrestling game, and spam super ducks and flying squirrels? I am a wrestler like you, but I don't see what you're getting at...

Usually in fighting when a guy is a grappler and is bigger....he has the distinct advantage going into the fight. The difference between a Aldo/Khabib match up, is that size isn't going to be much of a factor. Let me explain why.

The whole reason people think Khabib could beat Aldo is for one reason...grappling. The thing is Khabibs takedowns are nothing special, they're actually incredibly basic and I dare anyone to try and explain why his takedowns are somehow different or better than anyone elses. He rushes in, takes strikes, and uses brute force to get deep in the penetration. Not only does he brute his way in, but he uses little technique to actually drag it down...instead he relies on locking his hands and just picking guys up and slamming them. His takedowns work very well because he's a big lightweight and over powers guys. His lack of takedown technique (within his mma fights) was exposes badly when he fought Gleison Tibau. Gleison is also a gigantic LW and 11..yes ELEVEN of all of Khabib's takedown attempts were EASILY stuffed. Infact, Gleison took Khabib down off of Khabib's own failed takedowns. So what does that say? His brute/pressure takedown style fails against people stronger/bigger than him. Of course most guys are not as strong as Tibau so we never really got to see Khabib get stuffed more often.

But Aldo isn't as strong as Tibau? True, but Aldo is one of the fastest fighters in the UFC and arguably the best reflexes. When it comes to defending takedowns, no one comes close to Aldo...he made Edgar look sloppy, Lamas couldn't do anything with him, and one of the best takedown artists in MMA history Chad Mendes struggled to take him down.

And when it comes to the takedowns, strength isn't a factor. It's about speed, set ups, and timing. Khabib may be strong as an ox, but if Aldo can see him shooting for the takedown...that strength means nothing until you can get a hold of him...and Chad/Frankie are miles faster and cleaner than Khabib in terms of takedowns. Just like KO power means nothing if the guy is too elusive. If Aldo can defend shots from much faster men...a brute like Khabib won't be able to touch his legs.

So again, we all know Khabib cannot win AT ALL unless he gets the takedown. So here are the reasons why this is arguably a UD for ALdo

1. Khabib's takedowns are the slowest that Aldo has ever faced. Better takedown guys like Chad struggled to even get in contact. Khabib relies on getting guys on the fence and then locking his hands. With Aldo, the time needed to lock hands is minimal.
CrazySandyAfricangoldencat.gif

2. Aldo's reflexes are on point to defend the takedown, but his pivot game is the best we've ever seen. He can defend the takedown athletically and technically. In the gif below, Frankie shoots a fantastic shot...but Aldo pivots well and if you look at frankies hands...he just wasn't fast enough to lock around and get his grip.
aldo-takedown-defense-reversal.gif

aldo-whizzer-throw-takedown-defense.gif

3. The size factor doesn't matter UNTIL it gets to the ground. Khabib relies too much on takedowns using the fence cause he wants guys trapped and have nowhere to go. He knows his shot and penetration are a bit sloppy and brutish, so he needs guys to be stuck on the fence to finally take them down. Aldo NEVER gets his back put against the fence because of his amazing footwork and pivot game.

Aldo would side step Khabib so hard, that Eagle would consider a career in dancing. Those sloppy doubles would look silly with Aldo's crisp footwork and pivoting. Not to mention, the striking aspect is not even worth mentioning...Khabib's grappling is world class...but he's got below-shields level striking. Not to mention Aldo is a black belt, MJ is a fish on the ground so don't use that as a bar on how good Khabib is. just 2 years ago, MJ got DESTROYED on the ground by now featherweight and black belt Myles Jury.

You're a f*cking moron comparing little Frankie Edgar to big LW Khabib.

I'd really like Aldo to win, and his technical striking + elite TDD obviously gives him a chance, but damn, there'll be a fucking huge size and strength difference. Aldo is plain undersized for 155.

Conor dwarfed him, and Kebab is a big, strong 155er. Kebab should be able to take him down and win on size and strength alone.

It's easy for your TDD to look good against little 5'5 manlets like Frankie and Mini "Murderer" Mendez, probably not so much against a solid 5'10 guy who is strong as fuck.

Khabib takedown arsenal in MMA is frightening. The guy has taken guys down in all possible ways. Single, double legs, all types of trips, greco-roman, judo throws... I agree that Aldo is as elusive as it gets, but Khabib is one of the best in chain wrestling.

The odds he takes Aldo down one or twice per round are quite likely. Aldo is clearly the superior striking, but he has show more penchant for outstriking guys than actually finishing them. In a five round fight (even in a three), I think Khabib would have a lot of chances to bring the fight to the ground. And there, on his back, is where the Aldo is in deep trouble. Khabib is just a beast on top. If Hominick was pounding on Aldo with moderate success in the fifth round of their fight, imagine what Khabib would do to him. T

I'll bite. Khabib's double isn't as good as Mendes's but that's where the comparison ends. Mendes shoots a double and keeps driving forward if he can't get the opponent down off the initial shot. Khabib chain wrestles seamlessly switching from singles to doubles, body locks, riding the pipe, etc. He has a natural acumen for grappling along with his insane variety of grappling skills that make him impossible to keep off of you once he grabs a hold of you.

Aldo is good at stuffing takedowns that come at him in a linear direction (straight shot doubles) but he has absolutely nothing to offer Khabib in the clinch, not just skillwise, but size-wise as well.

When you factor in the fact that Khabib is so skilled in the clinch along with the massive size difference, you begin to see why Khabib isn't even interested in this fight.

Remember when Mark Hominick took Jose Ado down? . . . . . .

If only TS spent the amount of time it made him to make that long ass post and invested it in thinking more about what he was actually typing. Dos Anjos is also fast and has great TDD. In fact, according to Fight Metric RDA has a 67% Takedown defense and I guarantee you that was a lot higher until Khabib wrestlefucked his whole shit up.

Don't go writing paragraphs about Khabib can get his takedowns because he's the bigger stronger guy only to contradict your whole argument since Aldo is smaller and nowhere near as strong. Aldo has been taken down by much smaller guys, and if Khabib takes him down, he's not springing up back to his feet. I don't care if you countered yourself by talking about his speed and reflexes. It's a whole another division and Khabib would make that speed and reflex you talk so highly about look nonexistent.

If only TS spent the amount of time it made him to make that long ass post and invested it in thinking more about what he was actually typing. Dos Anjos is also fast and has great TDD. In fact, according to Fight Metric RDA has a 67% Takedown defense and I guarantee you that was a lot higher until Khabib wrestlefucked his whole shit up.

Don't go writing paragraphs about Khabib can get his takedowns because he's the bigger stronger guy only to contradict your whole argument since Aldo is smaller and nowhere near as strong. Aldo has been taken down by much smaller guys, and if Khabib takes him down, he's not springing up back to his feet. I don't care if you countered yourself by talking about his speed and reflexes. It's a whole another division and Khabib would make that speed and reflex you talk so highly about look nonexistent.

He did bring up some good points nonetheless, Khabib couldn't do anything against Tibau, hell... I even thought Tibau won that fight, as did many others. And what a surprise, against the strongest guy in the division who isn't even known for being a wrestler...

his grappling is basic yet he's undefeated. that means he has other things going on which are beyond your comprehension. also TL;DR

I'll bite. Khabib's double isn't as good as Mendes's but that's where the comparison ends. Mendes shoots a double and keeps driving forward if he can't get the opponent down off the initial shot. Khabib chain wrestles seamlessly switching from singles to doubles, body locks, riding the pipe, etc. He has a natural acumen for grappling along with his insane variety of grappling skills that make him impossible to keep off of you once he grabs a hold of you.

Aldo is good at stuffing takedowns that come at him in a linear direction (straight shot doubles) but he has absolutely nothing to offer Khabib in the clinch, not just skillwise, but size-wise as well.

When you factor in the fact that Khabib is so skilled in the clinch along with the massive size difference, you begin to see why Khabib isn't even interested in this fight.

Khabib is smart, Aldo is not a perfect fight for him stylistically either, FOR MANY reasons. If he loses to Ferguson, he can still have a better shot at Conor at some point, but if he loses to Aldo, which could happen, it's Aldo after all, people will use MMA math to try to keep him from fighting Conor. Besides, you know how people are, winning against Aldo would be incredibly impressive, but because he moved up in weight, they'll say he beat a FW, and that he's ducking Ferguson/Conor etc.

Ferguson just makes the most sense. In every possible way. Though I would love to see Aldo fight Khabib as a fan. I think people might be surprised.

He did bring up some good points nonetheless, Khabib couldn't do anything against Tibau, hell... I even thought Tibau won that fight, as did many others. And what a surprise, against the strongest guy in the division who isn't even known for being a wrestler...

That was also nearly five years ago and he's improved a lot since then. One bad performance. It happens.

Khabib won the Tibau fight, not because of TD but he was the agressor, put the high pressure and I dissagree that he's technique is weak, I think he use traps very well, this is technique,
stil who knows how it could go with Aldos fight, Aldo could easily be gassed out, or Khabib would panic that his takedowns are not effective and evebtually get KO'D,
who knows

Aldo waz yesterday. Today the UFC is looking to sign Nate to fight Khabib.

th

Back