"Khabib has no big names on his resume"

TheBlackBeast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've seen this criticism used as a counter-argument to Khabib's GOAT status.

The problem is, aside from Tony, there aren't really any "big" names in his division, he beat most of the top contenders, and if he manages to best Tony , Justin, and Dustin/Max, he'd have pretty much cleaned up the LW division , and no one could argue his GOATness

Well he did beat RDA

OH! And that one Irish guy

I don't see anyone saying that now. People said that 2-3 fights ago but he's stacked up some nice wins since then.

Barboza, AI Laquinta, Conor..

RDA, Barboza, Conor, and Al within his last 6 fights.

People act like that is horrid.

I don't see anyone saying that now. People said that 2-3 fights ago but he's stacked up some nice wins since then.

Barboza, AI Laquinta, Conor..
Those wins were also complete donations as well

This may ensue hate, but I think Ragin' Al will turn out to be one of his best wins.

The problem with LWs and being GOAT is that their resumes tend to age poorly. Look at BJ's Penn's title run. It's not really spectacular when you look back at it but he really did fight the best that was available for him.

That was all just McNuggets grasping for anything that might give them hope

The problem is, aside from Tony, there aren't really any "big" names in his division, he beat most of the top contenders, and if he manages to best Tony , Justin, and Dustin/Max, he'd have pretty much cleaned up the LW division , and no one could argue his GOATness
Ok so if he beats
Max
Tony
Justin
Dustin

He’s cleaned the division. Bro, that’s a scary looking list of dudes. You say that like it’s just gonna happen no questions asked. If he accomplished that and didn’t take a loss he’d be in the goat discussion easily

RDA, Barboza, Conor, and Al within his last 6 fights.

People act like that is horrid.
Tbf I haven't seen anyone shit on his record recently. Not since his last couple of wins anyway.

I understood the doubts and a lot of us thinking he was overrated when he was 23-24 and 0 and only had RDA and Johnson as the biggest names on his resume. But with his last 3 fights I think he more than proved that he isn't overrated.

He beat those guys and made it look easy. At no point in any of those fights was he ever in any danger. It was dominance from start to finish. Especially that fight against Barboza. The beating he put on him was just brutal.

It's clear at this point that he is the number 1 guy in the division. The only argument that can be made is Ferguson. No one else is even close.

once he finally adds tony ( if it happens) and then holloway or someone like poirer, his resume is top notch at that point. right now its missing a few more big wins

If he beats those three? Yes, obviously there'd be no question at that point

His biggest win of his career was in his last fight, and most of this place say that guy sucks anyway lol

I want to see him fight an elite wrestler. And no, Iaquinta is not an elite wrestler.

I feel like all of the people that are in the running for GOAT status have fought and beaten fighters that have a size advantage. I'd like to see Khabib fight someone that he can't wrestlefuck and see how he does. The only person I've heard of that he couldn't manhandle was Tibau and many people think he lost that fight. I think Khabib is a dominant grappler with adequate striking. I'd need to see him dominate a bigger guy to consider him the best in my opinion. MM is a midget and he was dominating, absolutely dominating everyone for a long time. He is way ahead of Khabib in the discussion for best ever.

Back