Khabib has fought NO HIGH LEVEL WRESTLERS

Khabib is King of Lightweight Division in this period of time. He is not GOAT because he didnt fight in Welterweight.

Cormier and Fedor are far more beter fighters then Khabib. There are levels in this game. :)
Nah. Cormier is overrated. Both Cormier and Fedor make a lot of mistakes rushing which Khabib doesn't.

Prime Frankie fucks with ANYONE at LW. No chance he gets shut out, fight IQ is way to high, he'd steal a round or two just with quick in/out 1-2s.
prime frankie lost to bendo twice at lw

These 'wrestlers' can't even get into position to be a contender to fight Khabib. Kevin Lee lost to Al Iaquinta.

prime frankie lost to bendo twice at lw
Yeah, except for us that watched the fights. Razor thin first fight, Frankie clearly won the 2nd fight. And you inadvertently proved my point. Frankie took Bendo twice, despite giving up 20+ pounds.

Division-1 college wrestlers aren't good enough. They are 18-22 years old.

You need Olympic-level wrestlers with international experience. They can stop Khabib's takedowns.

So will you bring Jordan Burroughs to MMA and teach him BJJ & striking for 10 years?

This is minimum for Khabib

Same height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m) and weight.
State champion in Rio de Janeiro in both Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Wrestling.
Train at American Top Team.

Prime Frankie fucks with ANYONE at LW. No chance he gets shut out, fight IQ is way to high, he'd steal a round or two just with quick in/out 1-2s.
Not against Khabib, he doesn’t have the power or range to threaten on the feet and Khabib has more than enough conditioning/wrestling to win on the ground.

Yeah, except for us that watched the fights. Razor thin first fight, Frankie clearly won the 2nd fight. And you inadvertently proved my point. Frankie took Bendo twice, despite giving up 20+ pounds.
i watched the fight and bendo won both.... he would give up more then 20lbs against alot of LWs today.... frankie was good for that period of LWs this is why he got whooped up at 145 he moved DOWN not up because he knew he couldnt compete with new 155ers

i watched the fight and bendo won both.... he would give up more then 20lbs against alot of LWs today.... frankie was good for that period of LWs this is why he got whooped up at 145 he moved DOWN not up because he knew he couldnt compete with new 155ers
Completely incorrect. Moved down because it was nothing but rematches or ruining prospects at 55, pretty sure its well documented that dana made him move down, aka, you're not getting fights unless you go to 45.

Completely incorrect. Moved down because it was nothing but rematches or ruining prospects at 55, pretty sure its well documented that dana made him move down, aka, you're not getting fights unless you go to 45.
dafuq you talking about rematches???? has frankie fought anyone in current top 20 LW? Dana wanted to move down because he was a small 55er not because he was ruining prospects....what prospect did he fight? BJpenn? Hermes franca? Spencer fisher? jim miller?? these where all established guys...but small LWs compared to the guys today....you have no idea what your talking about...Frankie is at 135 because he was to small for LWs and couldnt beat the top 145ers....3 title shots at FW and lost and cannot beat those top 5 guys at FW...he might beat Marlon and and Cody, but aldo beats him again, Aljamain, Sandhagen and yan starch him at bantam.

dafuq you talking about rematches???? has frankie fought anyone in current top 20 LW? Dana wanted to move down because he was a small 55er not because he was ruining prospects....what prospect did he fight? BJpenn? Hermes franca? Spencer fisher? jim miller?? these where all established guys...but small LWs compared to the guys today....you have no idea what your talking about...Frankie is at 135 because he was to small for LWs and couldnt beat the top 145ers....3 title shots at FW and lost and cannot beat those top 5 guys at FW...he might beat Marlon and and Cody, but aldo beats him again, Aljamain, Sandhagen and yan starch him at bantam.
Yeesh you're pretty goddamned dumb, but let me give this a shot.

Frankie didn't ruin prospects. That was basically the point I was making, the only thing he had left at 155 is get outmuscled by way bigger men, half of which would have been rematches or trilogies, or beat up kids trying to climb. He would have ruined prospects (and did btw, just later, because he's that good), because he's great at fist fighting, and that put him in a weird spot. Dana specifically wanted Frankie to drop weight to bring name recognition to a smaller division, while also not beating the shit out of anyone they might want to build up on their way to the top10/top5 ... if you think Dana literally thought 'Ah Frankie is too small, he should drop down, for his own safety and because I am a person that believes in fairness' ... you're dumb.

Frankie way too small for khabib. Khabib is one of the heaviest guys in lw and it definitely helps him implement his controlling style grappling. He would control Frankie easily

Ferguson, Lee, iaquinta are probably toughest fights for khabib at lw. They are all fairly large lightweights like khabib and are comfortable with wrestling/grappling

Back