Khabib has fought NO HIGH LEVEL WRESTLERS

Since 2014, these are his opponents.

Rafael Dos Anjos - Well Rounded, but primarily strikes.
Michael Johnson - BRAWLER
Edson Barboza - STRIKER
Al Iaquinta - BRAWLER
Conor Mcgregor - STRIKER
Dustin Poirier - Well Rounded, but primarily strikes.
Justin Gathjie - BRAWLER

This guy is not seeing Tony Ferguson. Hell, prime Edgar would give him problems.

Khabib is NOT the GOAT, Bones/GSP are. Both have way more title fights and have fought all types of fighters.

<JonesLaugh>
Prime Frankie would lose a 50-45 UD against Khabib, everything Frankie does Khabib does better

You mention world class BJJ, yet RDA is the guy who got gold at the world brazilian jiu jitsu championships at purple belt. He also won other competitions as well. Oliveira hasn't done any such things, but yes, he's a beast in MMA. Just look at how RDA manhandled prime pettis, then look at ghost of pettis submitting oliveira.

Because Oliveira has never really competed in BJJ afaik but directly went to MMA and as such his BJJ is adapted to MMA just as T.Fergs or Maia's.
But yeah, you're technically right, RDA is an excellent black belt and couldn't do shit to Khabib.

Ya know who else was good at sambo?

thumbnail_crop.php

Fedor was already washed at that point and didn't turain his gurappling as much as his purime. He was untouchable in sambo in his purime and lost his first match in 08 2 years before the Werdum fight

I absolutely HATED that argument for Gathjie. It dosen't matter if he wrestled in the past. That guy hasn't used his wrestling in YEARS. So why all of the sudden would he decide to bring it out against Khabib in the biggest fight of his career.
Dude he definitely uses his wrestling, almost always when his brains are almost done turning into scrambled eggs

Because Oliveira has never really competed in BJJ afaik but directly went to MMA and as such his BJJ is adapted to MMA just as T.Fergs or Maia's.
But yeah, you're technically right, RDA is an excellent black belt and couldn't do shit to Khabib.

I get your point though in the sense that Oliveira's bjj matches up much better against wrestlers than RDA's does because RDA is a top game/positionally dominant kind of guy, where as oliveira likes to work off his back and is very opportunistic with snatching submissions. Oliveira's BJJ matches up interestingly against Khabib, but I have no doubt in my mind that if you put RDA and Oliveira in a submission grappling match, RDA would win the majority of the times.

Explain to me how RDA is not a world championship grappler? RDA won numerous BJJ tournaments including the Rio de Janeiro state championship and eventually the world championship as a blue belt & 3rd place at the National Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu championships.

He is, but his BJJ is not that well adapted to MMA and that is also reflected on his MMA record imo, before his fight with Khabib he rarely even utilized his grappling in the UFC (mostly threatened with takedowns and usually even got them, but didn't spend lots of time on top). Got controlled by Tibau (who is an excellent grappler, no disrespect) on the ground if I remember correctly and has like 4 subs in 20 UFC fights and RARELY is on his back, compare that to Oliveira.

Man but seriously I'd have to rewatch RDA's career to really judge that, it's been a long time.

I thought Conor was some sort of amazing fighter though?

Lol at Tony's 10th planet Rubber Guard vs Khabib. A fresh Kevin Lee did what he wanted with Tony, 3 years younger.

Edgar would get killed by Khabib.

In general Aloe Vera is a reach man. He doesn't have anywhere close to world class BJJ specially defensively. He's on the most dynamic submission fighters but that's about it

Davi Ramos is as close to world class BJJ as there is at LW and Arman and Makhachev both had mat time with him without really being threatened at all. Makhachev learned gurappling literally with Khabib and his dad as a child and obviously isn't on Khabibs level on the guround

This is so fucked. The ufc appeases the casual fan base by flooding the roster with strikers and weeding out the lay and pray wrestlers. Then a wrestler dominates and you complain that said wrestler hasn’t fought a wrestler. Holy fuck.

He is, but his BJJ is not that well adapted to MMA and that is also reflected on his MMA record imo, before his fight with Khabib he rarely even utilized his grappling in the UFC (mostly threatened with takedowns and usually even got them, but didn't spend lots of time on top). Got controlled by Tibau (who is an excellent grappler, no disrespect) on the ground if I remember correctly and has like 4 subs in 20 UFC fights and RARELY is on his back, compare that to Oliveira.

Man but seriously I'd have to rewatch RDA's career to really judge that, it's been a long time.
Legit point, IMO. RDA is a monster, but in MMA, his grappling kind of takes a back seat if he's not working his top game.

Prime Frankie would lose a 50-45 UD against Khabib, everything Frankie does Khabib does better

If Prime Frankie was 5'10 175lbs like khabib, I think it would be a coin flip and the most competitive fight of Khabib's life. Unfortunately Frankie is 5'6 and 155lbs soaking wet—he would have got handled by khabib.

but I have no doubt in my mind that if you put RDA and Oliveira in a submission grappling match, RDA would win the majority of the times.

Yeah, I agree.
Maybe my initial statement wasn't accurate. It's not about how good your accolades are but really it's about your bottom game with Khabib because you are gonna get taken down and be in bottom position. That's why sneaky opportunistic and dynamic guys like T.Ferg would be so interesting against Khabib. Also maybe the unorthodoxy of both Oliveira (to a degree, he jumps on really weird openings sometimes) and especially T.Ferg would factor in a lot.

Davi Ramos is as close to world class BJJ as there is at LW and Arman and Makhachev both had mat time with him without really being threatened at all.

That's a really good point.

Yeah, I agree.
Maybe my initial statement wasn't accurate. It's not about how good your accolades are but really it's about your bottom game with Khabib because you are gonna get taken down and be in bottom position. That's why sneaky opportunistic and dynamic guys like T.Ferg would be so interesting against Khabib. Also maybe the unorthodoxy of both Oliveira (to a degree, he jumps on really weird openings sometimes) and especially T.Ferg would factor in a lot.

That's a really good point.

The one BJJ guy that I thought would be cool to see fight Khabib or at least Islam was Ferreira. The way he wrapped up khabibs old training partner khabilov was a thing of beauty

CDFGOAT+%281%29.gif

Khabilov couldn't get anything off on Ferreira, and he was trained by adulmanap just like islam and khabib for the majority of his life.

Ferreira outgrappled garry tonon, too. The guys grappling is legit as they come in both BJJ comps and in MMA, and the pressure he's been putting on people lately is insane. I'm gutted that he pulled out of his fight with dober.

bbbut Justin was a D1 wrestler 10-15 years ago, THAT COUNTS

In MMA which is the sport they are competing in, Tony and Charles are miles better than RDA and Tavares. Look at their records

RDA - 0 losses by submission (including against Tony, who tried to take him down and grapple)

Olivera - 3 losses by submission, including to Pettis and Lamas

Khabib vs Bendo that time would be interesting. Bendo, a former LW champ, has some of the best sprawls and TDD, very agile and has cardio for days, and nobody really has been able to keep him down or choke him out. And he can fight and threathen subs off his back. It's unfortunate we didn't get to see that

Prime Frankie fucks with ANYONE at LW. No chance he gets shut out, fight IQ is way to high, he'd steal a round or two just with quick in/out 1-2s.

If Prime Frankie was 5'10 175lbs like khabib, I think it would be a coin flip and the most competitive fight of Khabib's life. Unfortunately Frankie is 5'6 and 155lbs soaking wet—he would have got handled by khabib.
I mean, if Frankie was slightly bigger (about as big as those dimensions), wouldn't he also be slower as well? Frankie at LW was arguably one of the fastest fighters in LW a couple years ago, but that agility mainly stemmed from him being lighter than the rest of the fighters in the roster as well as having the frame and reflexes equal to that of a bantamweight.

Too bad he had to go by on skill almost the majority of the time though.

But a bigger version of Frankie could potentially put Khabib to the test, as long as Frankie is significantly faster than Khabib is. It'd be very similar to what happened in the 2 Maynard fights unless Frankie's random KO power kicks in some time during the fight.

@Local Plata Can even a prime Frankie do something against a fighter who's literally a buffed version of Gray Maynard with better submission and better wrestling technique? He would still end up in big trouble if by any chance Khabib got a hold of him.

are you saying tferg and frankie are high level mma wrestlers? because they arent....frankie mainly tries to box now and tferg strikes and grapples not really wrestling....the reason he didnt fight any is because frankly ufc didnt have any high level LW wrestlers...

Back