Khabib/Gaethge is like Usman/Woodlie

It'll be a similar fight just less skin color, mark my words

Woodlie was supposed to KO Usman too, due to his KO power, Usman's supposedly weak striking and their wrestling cancelling out.
You're at with the MMAth again hahaha. Just make a consistent point dammit.

You're at with the MMAth again hahaha. Just make a consistent point dammit.

There's no MMA math here. MMA math is Fighter A beat Fighter B who beat Fighter C there Fighter A must beat Fighter C. None of these 4 guys have fought each other.

There's no MMA math here. MMA math is Fighter A beat Fighter B who beat Fighter C there Fighter A must beat Fighter C. None of these 4 guys have fought each other.
This is effectively what you're saying though:
Fighter A =Fighter C
Fighter B = Fighter D
Fighter A > Fighter B

Therefore: Fighter C > Fighter D.

That's MMAth.

Woodlie was supposed to KO Usman too, due to his KO power, Usman's supposedly weak striking and their wrestling cancelling out.
Lmao this was not a narrative that was common most people saw this fight going the distance from what i can remember. I dont ever remember "woodley by ko" being a public opinion

In the lead up to Usman vs Woodlie so many believed that Woodlie's wrestling credentials which are better than Usman's on paper will cancel out their wrestling and Woodlie'a KO power would be too much for Usman to handle.

Basically the same argument some hold for Gartje beating Khabib.

Paper wrestling credentials (without showing them in the octaton) didn't work in that fight and it wont work this time either.

The only difference is Khabib is more likely to submit opponents than Kamaruu so instead of a 5 round 50-43 win it'll be a Khabub finish after just a few rounds albeit still dominant rounds

Discuss
BS, Woodley's first 5 MMA fights were sub wins, latter 3 being in Strike Force!
Whats with sherdoggers and making comparisons(usually shitty ones), they prove nothing.

This is effectively what you're saying though:
Fighter A =Fighter C
Fighter B = Fighter D
Fighter A > Fighter B

Therefore: Fighter C > Fighter D.

That's MMAth.

Stylistically Usman is to Woodlie similar to what Khabib is to Gaethge.

The arguments for why Woodlie wood win were similar to what is being said for why Gaethge will supposedly-win

D1 wrestler so he can stuff Usman's takedowns and keep it standing...Usman cant stand with Woodlie, Woodley has KO power etc.

I just don't see how Gaethje's wrestling is going to work against what Khabib does, it's not the same thing. It doesn't matter that he can stuff Jordan Burroughs double legs, Jordan Burroughs wasn't using judo throws, trips, chain wrestling, and throwing akward punches and kicks at the same time, no submission threat, no bodylock, no constant mat returns, I think Gaethje is overestimating himself in the grappling department

Gaethje and everyone agree that Gaethje's wrestling is equal to Gaethje's, but some argue it's better than Khabib's
I had to lay off my proofreader due to the current economic climate. As things improve I hope to hire her back. Thanks for the help.

In the lead up to Usman vs Woodlie so many believed that Woodlie's wrestling credentials which are better than Usman's on paper will cancel out their wrestling and Woodlie'a KO power would be too much for Usman to handle.

Basically the same argument some hold for Gartje beating Khabib.

Paper wrestling credentials (without showing them in the octaton) didn't work in that fight and it wont work this time either.

The only difference is Khabib is more likely to submit opponents than Kamaruu so instead of a 5 round 50-43 win it'll be a Khabub finish after just a few rounds albeit still dominant rounds

Discuss

You predicted spot on! Submission in a few dominant rounds

<mma4>

Back