Khabib fears the first fight will be exposed as the fluke it is

Yes please.

I joined Sherdog because I was told it was the best online forum for proper knowledgable MMA discussion. As someone new to the sport, and progressing from 'casual' to a serious fan, it's been great alot of the time.

But ever since Khabib beat Conor, the levels of objectivity and intellectual analysis have massively dropped, mainly because Conor fans can't accept that he is a seriously flawed fighter and human being. And the mods of this board have allowed that to happen.

A shame because so much of the content is great, but nowadays you have to wade through rubbish like this thread.
Back to Soccer

And you think Cowboy and Khabib is the same? We might have seen the same Conor on both fights fighting different level fighters...
Do you want to talk about this or do you want to just assume my opinion and talk to yourself?

The Conor that fought Khabib first time round wasn't close to the best version we've seen, I think that indisputable, that doesn't mean Khabib might not be capable of doing the exact same thing to the best version, but I'd like to find out, personally I think the first fight was on the feet enough that an on the ball Conor has the best chance of anyone in the division to beat Khabib.

That's why he's trying to duck the rematch. He's enjoying the limelight that Conor gifted him while he can. But little does he realise, that either way, his days are numbered.

He'll lose to Tony, who soaks up pressure too well with his elbow and sub game.

Superfights are off the table, as all the WW wrestlers will stop his takedowns. Usman, GSP, Colby, Woodley. And Masvidal's TDD is too good as well. That knee to Askren struck fear into the Dagestani's heart.

10/10 would read again and recommend to a friend.

You can think whatever you like, but don't assume it to be true. Just because you typed out whatever garbled nonsense goes through your brain doesn't make it true.

You wrote: "Khabib missed in most of his takedown attempts. He'd be even less successful next time. And he won fewer rounds than Conor in the first fight. Writing is on the wall for him. No wonder he's trying to run from a rematch."

The entire post is simply your opinion, none of it backed up by any evidence. And yet you try and pass it off as fact.

Exactly the same as the title of this thread "Khabib fears the first fight will be exposed as the fluke it is" Ive yet to see one shred of evidence to back this up. Instead all we have is WUM's trolling the entire thread with utter delusion.

As I wrote in my original complaint, threads like this are making this forum lose credibility, as a place where informed MMA fans discuss with knowledge and objectivity. You are part of that problem.

you are wasting time and effort typing this out.
the dude you replied to is a nuthugger and lives in a world where fairies oil up and scissor eachother and facts do not exist.
use your time wisely.

Do you want to talk about this or do you want to just assume my opinion and talk to yourself?

The Conor that fought Khabib first time round wasn't close to the best version we've seen, I think that indisputable, that doesn't mean Khabib might not be capable of doing the exact same thing to the best version, but I'd like to find out, personally I think the first fight was on the feet enough that an on the ball Conor has the best chance of anyone in the division to beat Khabib.
Lol...we've seen little if what's left of Conor last saturday to make an assessment he was better than when he faced khabib....more like cowboy is done than Conor is back...of all the good fighters to fight....he picked someone at the bottom....might as well picked by penn....

Post silly posts like that in response to people who are suggesting that silly shit. I'm not implying there's any sort of conspiracy. Conor lost the first fight. He'll win the next fight (if Khabib's cojones prove existent).
Why would Conor win the second fight? Did he get better? Did he learn something new? Has he learned to wrestle? You think he picked up some clues on how to defeat Khabib? So what about Khabib? Is there some rule that says he wont pick up a clue on how to defeat Conor even easier than the 1st time.....its not like the 1st fight was close and the loser learned a lesson...It was completely one sided and it will be worse for Conor the 2nd time.

Why would Conor win the second fight? Did he get better? Did he learn something new? Has he learned to wrestle? You think he picked up some clues on how to defeat Khabib? So what about Khabib? Is there some rule that says he wont pick up a clue on how to defeat Conor even easier than the 1st time.....its not like the 1st fight was close and the loser learned a lesson...It was completely one sided and it will be worse for Conor the 2nd time.

A lot of things have to go right for Khabib to beat Conor. He needs an early take-down in the 1st, Conor has shown he can mess you up within 10 seconds if you don't get that takedown. What are the odds Khabib get an early takedown, I'd go with 50%. Not only that he needs another early takedown in the 2nd as Conor still has knockout power at that stage so thats maybe another 50% chance. So he only has a 25% of successfully taking Conor down in both rounds otherwise he is getting finished.

But even if he gets Conor down for 2 rounds he still isn't guaranteed the win. Conor has shown he can still win rounds even after spending the majority of the 1st 2 on the ground. Odds will admittedly be in Khabib's favour by this stage but its not a done deal yet. At this stage Conor will probably be unlikely to get a KO but he could still win on points if he keeps the fight on the feet for the last 3 rounds whilst Khabib probably only needs one more takedown to do enough to secure the win. If we assume Khabib has a 50% per round of getting a takedown his chances would be 87.5% so his overall chances of winning the fight is (25% x 87.5%) which is about 22%.

Cry more, TS. You will someday learn that even your heros aren't invincible. (See Shogun fans, Anderson fans, and the Machida Era.)

Bump.
TS totally right.
Khabib's win was a FLUKE.

After Saturday, there's 100% no doubt in my mind that Khabib's win over Conor was a fluke.

Khabib fought the old Conor, the one that was full of himself that didn't properly train. He relied too much on his natural talent rather than adding in the hard work and dedication needed.

The Conor now is a completely different animal. He's hungry, determined, and would absolutely destroy Khabib.

BUT the problem is, I don't think Conor should bother to give Khabib the time of day anymore. Khabib needs Conor more than Conor needs him. Conor is his own brand and where he goes, the money will follow.

LMAO

That's why he's trying to duck the rematch. He's enjoying the limelight that Conor gifted him while he can. But little does he realise, that either way, his days are numbered.

He'll lose to Tony, who soaks up pressure too well with his elbow and sub game.

Superfights are off the table, as all the WW wrestlers will stop his takedowns. Usman, GSP, Colby, Woodley. And Masvidal's TDD is too good as well. That knee to Askren struck fear into the Dagestani's heart.

KHABIB at his present fighting weight WILL CARRY ON beating his opponents with his excellent grappling and wrestling
conors , normally devastating left didnt seem to stop or bother Khabib , think tony will make a better fight of it
as he seems to have more in the tank than the swashbuckling bravado irishman mcgregor

Eddie Bravo might have to look into it, but I think Khabib has never won a rematch.

Back