Khabib fans, are you rooting for Islam or dober?

His grappling is just amazing, if you like technical fights you should like Islam. Also better striker than Khabib, better kicker too. He has great potential and I hope we see more of that. His problem is that he's just a quiet guy and looks like he doesnt want to be there when he's facing the media. I hope he gets out of his shell a little bit more in the next few years.

Like khabib in his time.
And unranked fighters or lower ranked are not going to fight top guys.
Dober was ranked 15 up until 3 weeks ago ? Are you saying guys stopped being good as soon as they loose their ranking spot ?.
Yes khabib also couldn't stay healthy or make weight. Nobodies fault but their own. Yet you complain about the comparisons lol

So if a guy gets knocked down and wins but another guy gets knocked out, you think mma fans view it on the same plane?

I don't agree. The guy who lost is gonna catch more shit than the guy that got knocked down and won.

Jon jones got knocked down iirc but many people state he has a good chin. People don't question his chin.

All I am saying that getting knocked out once in your whole career (so far) is not fair assessment on how you will do later on.

Respectfully disagree. This is the fight business. It's not personal. Even his mother didn't stipulate that he not fight, I don't see him avenging someone's losses. Especially with no beef. If he just lost to a sound opponent, he lost to a sound opponent.

How does it look if your big bro steps it for you all the time? At some point you have to fight for your own honor, IMO

Like I wrote I believe keeping your word and plans is more for principle than avenging your teammates loss.

You do make a good point about the sport aspect and having to fight your own battles. Both of those things would go along with what Khabib's said in the past, how he views things.

There is the other side of his teammates wanting to defend Khabib consistently, like with ganging up on Conor or on DC in sparring. Various things. But Khabib is their ringleader, so maybe different roles.

Yes khabib also couldn't stay healthy or make weight. Nobodies fault but their own. Yet you complain about the comparisons lol
Yeah, I'm sure he's in a lot of pain over it, being one of the most rich and famous fighters, not to mention being widely considered one of the greatest fighters ever. Must sting.

Like I wrote I believe keeping your word and plans is more for principle than avenging your teammates loss.

You do make a good point about the sport aspect and having to fight your own battles. Both of those things would go along with what Khabib's said in the past, how he views things.

There is the other side of his teammates wanting to defend Khabib consistently, like with ganging up on Conor or on DC in sparring. Various things. But Khabib is their ringleader, so maybe different roles.
I think that's separate incidents. Conor was an asshole they wanted to make it a team vs team thing.

DC I think they're were playing around but as you said they know he's the bread winner.

I can see khabib fighting one of them in a street fight or jumping into a cage like his teammates did if there was beef. But if someone like a drew dober or sound opponent, even higher ranked like a number one contenders, I don't see him avenging his loss. I think that makes islam look weak and I also think it would mess with the confidence.

You can't beat him, little bro. I got you. I'll beat him for you. IDK to me the optics don't look good in a sports setting.

Say khabib were to maul whomever beat islam, islam would have to be thinking, man I just got beat by this guy but I've beat khabib several times in training. Why couldn't I beat that guy but Khabib mauled him ? Etc.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: MCS
You'd be surprised at how many would want islam to lose if it could guarantee to see khabib fight again.

It doesn't. But this is the argument I've been reading here for months. That Beating islam is a way to get a fight with khabib or at the very least bring khabib out of retirement while islam is working himself up the title picture coming off a loss

Even if the argument were correct, Khabib would never come back to fight someone like Dober right now. Also, Islam isn't even in title contention right now, a loss to Dober wouldn't necessarily set him back that much.

All I am saying that getting knocked out once in your whole career (so far) is not fair assessment on how you will do later on.
I agree but it's par for the course.

I think Micheal Chandler has only been knocked out twice. In his career. Her his last knockout, khabib still holds it against him and says he's not high calibre ufc talent.

I agree with khabib, not because he got knocked out by a featherweight but I don't believe in his skillset at the highest level.

Point is khabib holds that against him. He may very well be a top contender but it's held against him even after beating dan hooker lol.

Fans would have to see a lot more against top level talent for the narrative to go away.

I agree but it's par for the course.

I think Micheal Chandler has only been knocked out twice. In his career. Her his last knockout, khabib still holds it against him and says he's not high calibre ufc talent.

I agree with khabib, not because he got knocked out by a featherweight but I don't believe in his skillset at the highest level.

Point is khabib holds that against him. He may very well be a top contender but it's held against him even after beating dan hooker lol.

Fans would have to see a lot more against top level talent for the narrative to go away.

Khabib is a straight-shooter, he never hyped Abubakar or other teammates the way he does about Islam. He trains a lot with Islam and knows his skill level.

Even Tsarukyan said Islam beats Poirier (after training with Dustin)

Khabib doesn't hold the KO against Islam because he knows Islam has improved and knows his skillset...he can't say the same for Chandler.

When Khabib was active I'm sure he'd fight a contender if they happened to beat Islam...he even said he'd view Chandler as the #1 contender if he can beat Islam.

No I don't think he'd come back to "avenge" a fighter beating Islam, rather he'd realize any LW who can beat Islam is a legit and deserving title contender. Of course this never happened before Khabib retired so is a bit of a moot point now

I don't think any real Khabib fan wants Islam to lose because that's the opposite of what Khabib wants.

When Khabib was active I'm sure he'd fight a contender if they happened to beat Islam...he even said he'd view Chandler as the #1 contender if he can beat Islam.
When did he say this or are we just taking Chael at his word? That khabib would go through Chael of all people to say he's a number one contender if he beat islam?

I will be rooting for 13+ minutes of ground control and a decision victory for brother Islam. Those "fights" are so thrilling!

<{afrobol}>

"Khabib and Islam fans- do you support the fighter you are a fan of or the opponent"
Brother please lmao

It is why I can't read past his Title...just a waste of time. I can only imagine how hard it is listening to him talk.

Yeah, I'm sure he's in a lot of pain over it, being one of the most rich and famous fighters, not to mention being widely considered one of the greatest fighters ever. Must sting.
This thread is about Islam. Guaranteed Islam is salty AF about having zero top 15 wins in 6 years and making 22k/22k after 6 years in the UFC lol

When did he say this or are we just taking Chael at his word? That khabib would go through Chael of all people to say he's a number one contender if he beat islam?

I don't think Chael would blatantly make it up. Maybe Ali called Chael (with Khabib's permission) and asked him to say it on Khabib's behalf.

Khabib was very critical of Chandler for refusing Islam's callout and also suggested Tony to fight Islam. He even put $100K/$100K for Tony if he accepted. He didn't critize Hooker specifically but did complain in general that all these guys ignoring Islam will be calling him out in a year.

Point is he felt Islam's worthy of a top 5 opponent, which means anyone who can beat Islam is worth of a TS.

im hoping for an impressive victory.... something like what khabib did to gaethje.

not a huge fan of islam yet. just find him to be a boring version of khabib that lives in his shadow. but maybe with some ufc push he'll come into his own.

I don't think Chael would blatantly make it up. Maybe Ali called Chael (with Khabib's permission) and asked him to say it on Khabib's behalf.

Khabib was very critical of Chandler for refusing Islam's callout and also suggested Tony to fight Islam. He even put $100K/$100K for Tony if he accepted. He didn't critize Hooker specifically but did complain in general that all these guys ignoring Islam will be calling him out in a year.

Point is he felt Islam's worthy of a top 5 opponent, which means anyone who can beat Islam is worth of a TS.
lol Chael used the same angle again not even a month later with a different fighter, I can't recall who it is. The guy was making it up. Khabib has such a big platform, he's going to use chael to break the news? lol Come on man. If Khabib wanted to make a splash with that announcement, he would have used his own platform to do so. This also makes no sense knowing what we know now about Khabib retiring. Why would khabib give his word to fight someone else if they beat islam when he gave his word to retire to his mother? No outlet picked up chael's claim, because no one could substantiate what Chael said.

Chael is a convicted money Launderer. He works people.

lol Chael used the same angle again not even a month later with a different fighter, I can't recall who it is. The guy was making it up. Khabib has such a big platform, he's going to use chael to break the news? lol Come on man. If Khabib wanted to make a splash with that announcement, he would have used his own platform to do so. This also makes no sense knowing what we know now about Khabib retiring. Why would khabib give his word to fight someone else if they beat islam when he gave his word to retire to his mother? No outlet picked up chael's claim, because no one could substantiate what Chael said.

Chael is a convicted money Launderer. He works people.

Lol I don't know much about Chael but if it was totally fabricated someone from the Khabib camp would have called him on it. Also why wouldn't Chael pick Tony or Dustin if he was making it up.

Anyway Islam is like family to Khabib's. Pretty sure his mother would allow that exception beforehand, knowing it would help Islam's career. These guys are huge on loyalty.

Back