Khabib fans, are you rooting for Islam or dober?

If you're a khabib or Islam fan why would you root for their opponent ? Doesnt make sense.
It doesn't but these are the same people that believe beating islam means khabib will fight one more time.

We've all seen the posts

I'm a fan of both Khabib and Islam for different reasons. Khabib's legendary run and his sheer dominance stands above everyone else in the UFC. Islam is intriguing because he's the closest thing to Khabib now that he's retired.

I became a fan of Islam after seeing his grappling brilliance in the Tsurikyan fight. He doesn't have Khabib's aura or pressure, but he shares a similar style yet with some finesse on the ground and more capable striking. His chin though could be suspect - his one loss was a KO while Khabib never got dropped.

It doesn't but these are the same people that believe beating islam means khabib will fight one more time.

We've all seen the posts

Khabib is not coming back to fight Islam's left overs.

I want to know where your heart lies, to those that believe beating islam lures khabib out of retirement. Either to fight Dober( lol) or another possible top contender while islam works his way back up from a loss

Are you rooting for dober to finish islam or just rooting for Islam?

I don't believe islam is any defacto number 1 contender and never have. I don't think khabib would want to fight islam's battles for him, especially with no beef. Yet, people still buy into that narrative.

What say you Islam and khabib fans?

I am siding with Dober simply because I dont buy into the hype of Makhachev. Hes been knocked out before, he’s constantly hurt and hes been trying to handpick opponents even though he hasn’t earned that right.

Not saying he wont win this fight, Im just saying hes not the next Khabib like everyone in his team claims he is

It's funny to see that Islam haters are using the same bs arguments to shit on him that that khabib haters used.
Never fights, pull out merchant (although he only pulled out of two fights with legit reasons) and all the other times it was not his fault.
Glass jaw, (yes they used to say that about khabib too, especially after the MJ fight)
Boring, overrated, not champ material, no personality

All this was said about Khabib as well but now has shut the haters up they have to find another target.

It's funny to see that Islam haters are using the same bs arguments to shit on him that that khabib haters used.
Never fights, pull out merchant (although he only pulled out of two fights with legit reasons) and all the other times it was not his fault.
Glass jaw, (yes they used to say that about khabib too, especially after the MJ fight)

All this was said about Khabib as well but now has shut the haters up they have to find another target.
To be fair, Islam got knocked out. Until people see more of him, that's always going to used against him.

Zero top 15 fights in 6 years. Dude it's pathetic you have to admit it

Zero top 15 fights in 6 years. Dude it's pathetic you have to admit it

Like khabib in his time.
And unranked fighters or lower ranked are not going to fight top guys.
Dober was ranked 15 up until 3 weeks ago ? Are you saying guys stopped being good as soon as they loose their ranking spot ?.

I see this kinda like Blaydes - Lewis. A strong wrestler/grappler who should take the W, facing a guy with not very good TDD/grappling but big power. Rooting for Islam but wouldn't mind Dober winning one bit.

I've never understood being a fan of the teammate of someone you like. Different fighters, different people. Just same gym. Fan of Khabib because no other LW brought the style and quality of top game he did. Islam has some similarity, but not the same class. There is the could be part, though.

I believe Khabib is a man of principle. So avenging his teammate goes along with that. But keeping his word and plans are more important. So I don't believe he'll come back. The GSP fight would be an exception, as he and his father wanted that fight because of admiration and respect for GSP.

To be fair, Islam got knocked out. Until people see more of him, that's always going to used against him.

So, getting knocked out once in his career means he suddenly has a glass chin ? You get knocked out by punches you don't see coming, make a mistake and pay for it.

Khabib got knocked down on his ass in a sambo fight once, does he have a glass chin too ?

So, getting knocked out once in his career means he suddenly has a glass chin ? You get knocked out by punches you don't see coming, make a mistake and pay for it.

Khabib got knocked down on his ass in a sambo fight once, does he have a glass chin too ?
A knock down isn't a knockout and if you ja e to go back to pre-mma for khabib, it's a reach. Especially a knocked down no less.

The point is he got knocked out. It's fair for people to question his jaw until he shows more of himself in there.

People questioned if Dustin could take Conor's shots at 155.

Islam got knocked out by a lesser opponent. So it's no surprise people are questioning his chin as his fights get tougher.

I hope islam can prove people wrong in that regard

Islam, his grappling is fun to watch.

H2gttib.gif

fWQlkpP.gif

rvcFr1t.gif

e61R6cU.gif

I believe Khabib is a man of principle. So avenging his teammate goes along with that.
Respectfully disagree. This is the fight business. It's not personal. Even his mother didn't stipulate that he not fight, I don't see him avenging someone's losses. Especially with no beef. If he just lost to a sound opponent, he lost to a sound opponent.

How does it look if your big bro steps it for you all the time? At some point you have to fight for your own honor, IMO

A knock down isn't a knockout and if you ja e to go back to pre-mma for khabib, it's a reach. Especially a knocked down no less.

The point is he got knocked out. It's fair for people to question his jaw until he shows more of himself in there.

People questioned if Dustin could take Conor's shots at 155.

Islam got knocked out by a lesser opponent. So it's no surprise people are questioning his chin as his fights get tougher.

I hope islam can prove people wrong in that regard

Most mma fans don't care about the knock out/knock down difference, you're just a bum.

Yes Islam got knocked out, so what ? Plenty other fighters do. Doesn't mean anything for the rest of their career, in fact there was a funny story about that knock out, let's say every body learned a valuable lesson after that day. But to put it against him like he was bum because of one reckless mistake is not a fair assessment, it just totally discredit you from any serious discussion. If he gets knocked out again we might see, but right now as I said, it's just a dumbass argument.

Huge Khabib fan, I think Islam is champ material but he is not half the MMA fighter Khabib is at this point. I'm hoping we get to see him blossom into his own thing rather than merely being Khabib's second rate protege. He has skills but not the chin, fight iq, nor does he seem like he can handle the same level of pressure and shine under the lights as they say... at this point of his career anyway.

He's a more boring Khabib, inside and outside the cage, and plays it safe more akin to GSP. He has the skills but his transitions are not nearly as smooth.

Cheering for Islam going into this but sometimes I'll change my mind halfway through the fight if I see a fighter coasting and playing it safe. I don't think Khabib is coming back under any circumstances so that's not a factor, but a victory for Islam is a victory for Khabib and honors Abdulnap, so in that sense I'm behind him.

Most mma fans don't care about the knock out/knock down difference, you're just a bum.
So if a guy gets knocked down and wins but another guy gets knocked out, you think mma fans view it on the same plane?

I don't agree. The guy who lost is gonna catch more shit than the guy that got knocked down and won.

Jon jones got knocked down iirc but many people state he has a good chin. People don't question his chin. Why? Because they've seen his chin tested and his recovery in big time fights.

Back