Khabib fans, answer this honestly. How well do you think Khabib does against the WW top 5?

grapplingod

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've read a lot of hyperbole since Khabib's win, claiming he'd make easy work of welterweights and how he supposedly "ragdolls" Rockhold and DC in training :rolleyes:

1. Usman
2. Covington
3. Woodley
4. Masvidal
5. Edwards

Let's be honest, the reason why even Khabib's most hardcore fans don't want to see him move up to his natural weight class is because he gets destroyed.

Khabib vs Usman is a 50-50 fight but the other 4 guys would obliterate him.

Very competitive. We dont know how much better he'd be without a weight cut.

I think RDA beat Colby, but he got totally outclassed by Usman. Khabib gasses Tyron. Masvidal gets choked out. Edwards choked out. Usman would give him trouble but I think Khabib would find a way.

he'd beat masvidal, could beat colby, would get beaten by usman and woodley.

Very competitive. We dont know how much better he'd be without a weight cut.

I think RDA beat Colby, but he got totally outclassed by Usman. Khabib gasses Tyron. Masvidal gets choked out. Edwards choked out. Usman would give him trouble but I think Khabib would find a way.
Lmao this is the most delusional pile of shit I've ever read, starting with "I think RDA beat Colby"

Motherfucker, even the blindest of bats could see Colby won that fight easy

I think he beats Masvidal quite easily.

Probably beats Edwards.

I'd favour Snoozeman, Cringington, and the shitty rapper over him though

Lmao this is the most delusional pile of shit I've ever read, starting with "I think RDA beat Colby"
http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/eb6f80ccaf2a3dbc
A quick definition: significant strikes refer to all strikes at distance and power strikes in the clinch and on the ground. It does not include small, short strikes in the clinch and on the ground. Those will be included in the Total Strikes category.

EDIT*

The threadstarter isnt looking for discussion. He's mad at Khabib and looking for validation. Sad really.

1. Sambo is a second-rate martial art
2. That will never happen because Khabib is the ultimate weight bully that is petrified of fighting people his size

Last edited:
I've read a lot of hyperbole since Khabib's win, claiming he'd make easy work of welterweights and how he supposedly "ragdolls" Rockhold and DC in training :rolleyes:

1. Usman
2. Covington
3. Woodley
4. Masvidal
5. Edwards

Let's be honest, the reason why even Khabib's most hardcore fans don't want to see him move up to his natural weight class is because he gets destroyed.

Define 'natural' weight?

Is Usman's 'natural' weight 185? He does all the things anyone else does for a cut, insande cardio, sweat suits, sauna, hot baths, laying covered in 100 towels...

Haters gonna hate.

Khabob has dismissed 170 everytime he is asked, and for a reason...would get exposed

1. Usman
2. Covington
3. Woodley
4. Masvidal
5. Edwards

If they all cut weight and can come to 155. Khabib beats them all period one by one.

Khabib to Dana ''I can smash all your lightweights''

doesn't matter, he's a lightweight and should stay there for the rest of his career

What is the obsession with him moving up?

Nobody fights at their natural weight class. If they do, they are at a size disadvantage. Everybody cuts weight. Everybody.

1. Usman: I'd favor Usman because of size

2. Covington: close, but khabib's BJJ gives him a noticeable edge.

3. Woodley: khabib outworks him in the clinch

4. Masvidal: khabib smesh
5. Edwards: close fight because of the size difference

1. Usman: I'd favor Usman because of size

2. Covington: close, but khabib's BJJ gives him a noticeable edge.

3. Woodley: khabib outworks him in the clinch

4. Masvidal: khabib smesh
5. Edwards: close fight
Your reasoning doesn't make much sense to me.

Colby and Usman do the same things, but Khabib's BJJ will work on Colby but not Usman?

Masvidal has better wrestling and TDD than Edwards, so why are you giving Edwards more of a chance than Jorge?

Beats Edwards and Masvidal, maybe Woodley aswell. Probably would struggle to hold down Colby and Usman, Usman in particular is a very big WW.

Your reasoning doesn't make much sense to me.

Colby and Usman do the same things, but Khabib's BJJ will work on Colby but not Usman?

Masvidal has better wrestling and TDD than Edwards, so why are you giving Edwards more of a chance than Jorge?

Colby is smaller than Usman, and no they don't do the same things. Neither are big submission threats, but the big difference is that Usman will use much more gnp mixed in with the grappling where as Colby is more so looking for the body lock and constant mat returns.

The size and weight of Usman combined his gnp would be a problem for Khabib. Colby on the other hand is 5-10lbs heavier than khabib at most and, while he's more active with strikes on the feet than usman, when he wrestled he's mainly just wrestling, and I believe khabib's wrestling can handle that and I believe khabib's submission grappling would be the big difference there, especially since he won't be getting punched by a guy like Usman who has 20lbs on him.

I'm not convinced that masvidal's tdd is better than Edwards. And again, masvidal is close to khabib's size, Edwards is a giant WW. Size matters

1. Usman
2. Covington
3. Woodley
4. Masvidal
5. Edwards

I think he beats all of them apart from Usman

Woodley if at his best would also be a hard fight

I honestly think he would beat Covington

Masvidal and Edwards wouldn't have a prayer

The top 2 beat Khabib via better wrestling.
Woodley - not sure, it depends which Woodley shows up but it's probably a Khabib win in the same sort of way as Usman beat him.
Masvidal - easy win for Khabib.
Edwards - a win for Khabib as Edwards won't be able to stop his wrestling.

Back