News Khabib: Dustin is a tougher fighter than McGregor

Predictable response from Khabib, he obviously hates McGregor so of course he would say this but its obvious Poirer was the easier fight, he landed what, 12 strikes?

Almost as many strikes as Conor committed fouls. Conor is a front runner, and a quitter. He was a desperate man and when cheating didn't work, he gave up his neck, like a gazelle.

How do you think Zuffa will do with boxing? I agree with Teddy Atlas, that boxing needs something like the UFC. An organisation that has all the best fighters gathered where they can't be ducking each other forever like they do. IMHO it's too much BS in boxing where these guys are being divas and ducking each other for years to a point where The fights that everyone wants never happen or take years and years to negotiate.

They'll become a feeder org to the big leagues.

Yes McGregor "won" that round on paper by landing a little more strikes, but he did not dominate in any way and it was a very close round to everyones surprise. Khabib had him figured out and even said before the fight that he would wrestle him and gas him, knowing he had a shitty gas tank, and then he would box with him.
and then take him down again like he knew he had to....

I'm sure you're in a better position to judge than the guy who has fought and beat them both. Right?

Some people...
there's no personal feelings involved from khabib either......

do you think Conor was a tougher fight for Floyd than Manny?
stats don't mean much. Dustin had moments where you actually thought Khabib might be in some sort of danger, Conor had 0. I actually thought he was gonna tap in the first when Habib had the kimura.
Habib just wanted to embarrass him.
this is just revisionist. after the 3rd round conor had momentum in a 5 round fight with 2 rounds to go. khabib knew he had to take the fight back to the mat, which he did. it wasn't obvious at the time that would happen.

Khabib's toughest fight is still ahead of him: Ferguson

i also believe Gaethje and maybe GSP would (will?) be harder fights, so Khabib better stay humble and motivated if he wants to retire undefeated
That’s right! Hopefully the Tony fight can be booked within the next 6 months.

I am no fan of McGregor and I like Dustin a lot. He is a gentleman and Conor's a prick.
But if you see the whole picture Conor did better than him.

Dustin didn't get pummeled in the ground, but he fought completely scared.
Khabib thrives on getting his opponents go backward and traps them and manhandles them on the cage.
He is not good at reactive takedowns, while he is on the center of the ring and going backwards himself.

Dustin had the boxing skillset and the power to push him back but he didn't.
He connected pretty good once (better than Conor managed to do) and then he went only for quick haymakers, fighting like a spastic
not setting up anything. He seemed panicked the whole time.

McGregor on the other hand pressured Khabib from the first bell. Ok, that didn't last long, but whenever the fight was on the feet
he pressed forward and landed a lot of clean shots.
Only the left straight kicks he connected in the stomach on the third were more than Poirier's number of strikes in the match.

On the grappling part, Dustin was just being Dustin.
Like he did with Petis and Alvarez he is quick to give the opponent the takedown and go for a submission.
The worst thing he could do against Khabib.
You would expect him to have learned from his past mistakes and have some frigging gameplan but he didn't.

Mcgregor made better defensive desicions than him both in the Alvarez fight and this one, and he proved that his
grappling is very decent. He always tried to break the grips, get underhooks and push the opponent back instead of you know..
pull guard and go for the fucking guillotine. lol

All in all the last fight, for better or for worse made Connor look kind of good.

I call BS, we all watched both fights....and he walked through Dustin, Conor at least put up a bit of a fight.

Khabib just hates Conor and will take a shot at him anyway he can.

Khabib arrived in Dagestan at 4 am with a private jet from UAE. He told the journalists he wanted to arrive while people were sleeping to avoid a big fan gathering at the airport and promised the fans a meeting in about 1 week.

Q: Did Poirier do anything during the fight that you weren't expecting?

A: Yes, he was physically strong, he was very slippery. And of course the guillotine he was going for in the end of the fight surprised me a little, because I didn't expect it to go in so deep. But I was ready for the guillotine, I saw that he tries to go for it with his right hand and it was part of the plan to give him my neck so he could waste his energy. But this time I gave up my neck and he took a deep hold, so I had to worry a little.
All in all he is a tough opponent, very tough, it turned out that he was a lot tougher than McGregor.

There you have it.
Connie would be down in the second with all the cheating.

Dustin had zero moments....so your THIS...is fake news ;)
obviously you didnt watch the fight.

I guess you mean Conor with having zero moment. Khabib was infront of Conor for 5 min. in round 3 and as you well said , Conor had zero moment

Dustin at least had some moments
Conor got his ass whooped, even the third round which Conor "won"
I think it broke him more than the second round, Khabib stood infront of him, landed the bigger shots, slapped him around, and Conor ended the round saying "its only business sir"
HE SLAPPED HIM
kKDYWmk.gif

TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

D1axLKM.gif

DrearyCheeryDog-max-1mb.gif

dustin diamond's one moment was one punch and he spent the rest of the fight crying about how he couldnt get kabib off of him. conor won a round and probably would have won the fight if he was healthy

I'm sure you're in a better position to judge than the guy who has fought and beat them both. Right?

Some people...

If only this sport had some kinda objective measurement we could use to determine something like this.

Maybe we could divide the fight up into 5 different sections, call them rounds or something, and then award a winner of each round using a scoring system. Then whoever has the most points at the end wins. Under such a system it would be easy to figure out who had done better as they'd have more points.

But maybe that's just crazy talk.

Sooooooooooooooo Khabib cuts massive amounts of weight to be the bigger/stronger man and STILL his only path to victory is to drain his opponents energy before he jail rapes them into submission.

Fuqq that dude.

Fight men your own size.

This is the most shocking thing I’ve ever heard somebody say lol jk It’s the same thing Jones did with DC and Gus. He fucking hated DC so he said Gus was always the tougher opponent. Sure the first fight was close, but we saw how both the rematches went with these two fighters. Gus got toyed with and Jones went on roids to beat DC

@HoFF

If only Dark Eyed Conor showed up that night. Hopefully he’ll be revived for the rematch

That doesn't sound brave to me. That sounds like he's afraid to strike with a fresh fighter. If he has confidence in his striking then why does he have to get him tired before he boxes with him? Fear maybe? I'm not saying afraid of the man, but sure seems like he was afraid to strike with him before he zapped his gas tank. Mcgregor would kill him in a kickboxing match. Lucky for Khaib this isn't kickboxing. Good for him.

Khabib had already shot on Conor TWICE within the first 15 seconds of their fight. He didn't shoot on Dustin for 2 minutes.

But yes, some people on here legitimately think Khabib going 0/3 on TDs in round 3 was because he wanted to strike with Conor and not because he factually couldn't get/keep him down.

Khabib had already shot on Conor TWICE within the first 15 seconds of their fight. He didn't shoot on Dustin for 2 minutes.

But yes, some people on here legitimately think Khabib going 0/3 on TDs in round 3 was because he wanted to strike with Conor and not because he factually couldn't get/keep him down.
so basicly you mean he couldn't take him down in round 3 but he could take him down in round 4

so basicly you mean he couldn't take him down in round 3 but he could take him down in round 4
So basically you mean the failed take down attempts on round 3 weren't failed?
Khabib changed his mind during them and let Conor go?

props for Poirier, but Khabib's toughest fight is still ahead of him: Ferguson

i also believe Gaethje and maybe GSP would (will?) be harder fights, so Khabib better stay humble and motivated if he wants to retire undefeated
GSP?? Has the guy ever fought without a huge size advantage? Even against Bisping at MW he looked massive compared to him.

This is the narrative of the fight. 100% And I'm not even a Khabib fan type... He was better than Conor EVERYWHERE .. ALL OF THE TIME. Conor was on the crest of a wave in that fight ... but that crest was to become a washed up .. He was so comprehensively beaten that a 2 time world champion with many years of experience literally couldn't process it...."H....H....h.h.h.h He's not taking TOO many shots... I think he's trying to gas Khabib out".

The stand up in the 3rd round was Khabib's "point at the floor in the center of the cage" moment ala Holloway. Hands down. Slapping him. Talking to him. Countering sharp and fast....... I think that was gangster as fuck. That was what took Conor's soul. And he still has it. I knocked you down. Beat you senseless on the ground. LET YOU stay on your feet for a whole round and STILL SLAPPED YOU like Nate did.

It was as bad of a beating as a top level fighter has taken since Barao/TJ.

You notice how there are no Conor highlights of that fight ... Literally just fouls, knock downs, slaps and taps.
Thats the best breakdown that Ive read on this fight

Back