News Khabib: Dustin is a tougher fighter than McGregor

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Khabib arrived in Dagestan at 4 am with a private jet from UAE. He told the journalists he wanted to arrive while people were sleeping to avoid a big fan gathering at the airport and promised the fans a meeting in about 1 week.

Q: Did Poirier do anything during the fight that you weren't expecting?

A: Yes, he was physically strong, he was very slippery. And of course the guillotine he was going for in the end of the fight surprised me a little, because I didn't expect it to go in so deep. But I was ready for the guillotine, I saw that he tries to go for it with his right hand and it was part of the plan to give him my neck so he could waste his energy. But this time I gave up my neck and he took a deep hold, so I had to worry a little.
All in all he is a tough opponent, very tough, it turned out that he was a lot tougher than McGregor.

Last edited:
props for Poirier, but Khabib's toughest fight is still ahead of him: Ferguson

i also believe Gaethje and maybe GSP would (will?) be harder fights, so Khabib better stay humble and motivated if he wants to retire undefeated

props for Poirier, but Khabib's toughest fight is still ahead of him: Ferguson

i also believe Gaethje and maybe GSP would (will?) be harder fights, so Khabib better stay humble and motivated if he wants to retire undefeated

Ferg vs Khabib is the Mayweather vs Pacquiao of MMA. The fight everyone has been waiting for many years that will finally decide who's the man at LW.

Of course he is tougher

He went out to win

Conor fought to survive and was very defensive

If Conor tries to be more aggressive, he will get beat much quicker in a rematch

Conor won a round with cheating, but he never had Khabib in any trouble

Dustin definitely had a couple of solid moments that made Khabib think and stunned him as well

Last edited:
That's because Conor is a business man.

Ferg vs Khabib is the Mayweather vs Pacquiao of MMA. The fight everyone has been waiting for many years that will finally decide who's the man at LW.

The sad thing is, it could be anti climatic like floyd and Manny

Fights that are so hyped rarely live up to the expectation

However, Tony is crazy and i expect him to really go for it and push Khabib

The sad thing is, it could be anti climatic like floyd and Manny

Fights that are so hyped rarely live up to the expectation

However, Tony is crazy and i expect him to really go for it and push Khabib

MMA is a different sport. IMHO McGregor vs Khabib lived up to the hype from start to finish. From the buildup and the trash to the aftermath and the brawl. :D

I think this fight will be great.

Khabib arrived in Dagestan at 4 am with a private jet from UAE. He told the journalists he wanted to arrive while people were sleeping to avoid a big fan gathering at the airport and promised the fans a meeting in about 1 week.

Q: Did Poirier do anything during the fight that you weren't expecting?

A: Yes, he was physically strong, he was very slippery. And of course the guillotine he was going for in the end of the fight surprised me a little, because I didn't expect it to go in so deep. But I was ready for the guillotine, I saw that he tries to got for it with his right hand and it was part of the plan to give him my neck so he could waste his energy. But this time I gave up my neck and he took a deep hold, so I had to worry a little.
All in all he is a tough opponent, very tough, it turned out that he was a lot tougher than McGregor.

“NEWS”

Dustin at least had some moments
Conor got his ass whooped, even the third round which Conor "won"
I think it broke him more than the second round, Khabib stood infront of him, landed the bigger shots, slapped him around, and Conor ended the round saying "its only business sir"
HE SLAPPED HIM
kKDYWmk.gif

TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

D1axLKM.gif

DrearyCheeryDog-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
MMA is a different sport. IMHO McGregor vs Khabib lived up to the hype from start to finish. From the buildup and the trash to the aftermath and the brawl. :D

I think this fight will be great.

Yes true!

To be fair I really enjoyed the Floyd and Manny fight, as I am a boxing fan first and seeing the high skill level chess match was fascinating for me

However, I believe I am finally joining the dark side and prefer MMA now since joining the forum lol

Yes true!

To be fair I really enjoyed the Floyd and Manny fight, as I am a boxing fan first and seeing the high skill level chess match was fascinating for me

However, I believe I am finally joining the dark side and prefer MMA now since joining the forum lol

How do you think Zuffa will do with boxing? I agree with Teddy Atlas, that boxing needs something like the UFC. An organisation that has all the best fighters gathered where they can't be ducking each other forever like they do. IMHO it's too much BS in boxing where these guys are being divas and ducking each other for years to a point where The fights that everyone wants never happen or take years and years to negotiate.

So active Poirier gets finished in 3rd compared to inactive Conor who gets finished in 4th and actually winning one round is tougher than Conor?
{<huh}

Haters can ignore that all they want.

I think it broke him more than the second round, Khabib stood infront of him, landed the bigger shots, slapped him around, and Conor ended the round saying "its only business sir"
HE SLAPPED HIM
kKDYWmk.gif

D1axLKM.gif

Yes McGregor "won" that round on paper by landing a little more strikes, but he did not dominate in any way and it was a very close round to everyones surprise. Khabib had him figured out and even said before the fight that he would wrestle him and gas him, knowing he had a shitty gas tank, and then he would box with him.

Yes McGregor "won" that round on paper by landing a little more strikes, but he did not dominate in any way and it was a very close round to everyones surprise. Khabib had him figured out and even said before the fight that he would wrestle him and gas him, knowing he had a shitty gas tank, and then he would box with him.
Yeah.. I gave it to Conor too but I think he looked broken after it because he had nothing and Habib was landing the better shots

Khabibs fluke wrestling wouldn't work on Conor in a rematch,he knows this.

So active Poirier gets finished in 3rd compared to inactive Conor who gets finished in 4th and actually winning one round is tougher than Conor?
{<huh}

It's Khabib stating this.

There is a discussion to be had, what was more impressive..

winning 1 very close round where you almost got beat at your own game while cheating and hooking gloves to keep Khabib from connecting his hands and taking you down. Or...

Going for a submission on the ground against Khabib and having him in most serious troubles we've seen in years, but loosing the round and the fight 1 round earlier.

{<huh}

I'm sure you're in a better position to judge than the guy who has fought and beat them both. Right?

Some people...

HE SLAPPED HIM
kKDYWmk.gif

D1axLKM.gif

THIS

Back