Khabib details his strategy against McGregor (takedowns, left hand)

One thing is certain, Conor will go down at least once. How he copes down there remains to be seen.
However every round starts standing, so Kebab gets KO'd within 3 rounds. Precision beats Russian, timing beats Tiramasu.

One thing is certain, Conor will go down at least once. How he copes down there remains to be seen.
However every round starts standing, so Kebab gets KO'd within 3 rounds. Precision beats Russian, timing beats Tiramasu.
So you think Khabib may only take Conor down once in 3 rounds?<DontBelieve1>

His game plan should be to not get KO-ed, which will probably have already failed by the end of the second.

Ok but what happens when Conor lands his left hand on Khabib's chin?

Ok but what happens when CHe'onor lands his left hand on Khabib's chin?
Khabib will cut the angle off circling away from Conor's left. Conor likely winds up on his ass before landing anything significant with the juice being sapped out of him.

Mcgregor gameplans. I will not be surprised he takes a stupid low stance like Al.

i love how people say kebab manhandled rockhold.

that's training. wrestling training... in a fight. glassy chinned rockhold murks him.

keep holding on to that dream...

another one... no one has hurt him in 26 fights....

lets be real. look at his record.

he has 10 ufc fights. 2 subs 2 tkos. 6 decisions. still only fought 1 guy in top 5

and I am sorry but I don't believe barboza belongs in the top 5.

you can give him credit for 10 good fights in 6 years time.

The sad part if he's too pig headed. When you have stubborn fighters like this is may not end well for them. Don't think he's stubborn? Khabib said he was done with the weight cut and his team told him to keep trying but Khabib had already made up his mind so quit. You can't reason with people like that.

He better have another plan because every fighter knows about Conor's left. Conor trained with Danis and wrestlers for Nate 2 and Eddie. He's been training with wrestlers repeatedly since the beginning of the year. It won't be as simplistic as he thinks.

Nate is not a fucking wrestler and still took Conor down after conor pulled out of the fight to "retire". And Eddie pushed Conor to the fence where Khabib will toss his ass around. Conor boxed all his life and every day of his life as a pro, according to his fans leading up to the floyd fight and got destroyed by a a retired, brittle hands, midget, who hasn't finished anyone in 20 years. So tell me again how less than a year of "devoted" wrestling will match with a lifetime of specialty? Specially since Khabib has never lost, and Conor likes to quit.

One of Conor's best weapons has always been his opponents always underestimating him. They learn the hard way. Conor is a complete striker. The best the lighter classes have ever seen in MMA. To think he only has a left hand, and once I deal with that the fight is mine is simply wrong.

You hear it..

Conor does not have A,B,C,D,E

Keep underestimating.

Nate is not a fucking wrestler and still took Conor down after conor pulled out of the fight to "retire". And Eddie pushed Conor to the fence where Khabib will toss his ass around. Conor boxed all his life and every day of his life as a pro, according to his fans leading up to the floyd fight and got destroyed by a a retired, brittle hands, midget, who hasn't finished anyone in 20 years. So tell me again how less than a year of "devoted" wrestling will match with a lifetime of specialty? Specially since Khabib has never lost, and Conor likes to quit.
Conor fans convincing themselves he's anything other than an absolute joke in the wrestling department next to Khabib has to be the funniest development history leading up to this fight.

Best game-planning gym...

I can tell by the smart game plans Rockhold has employed against heavy hitters over the years.

DC has hardly required strong game plans either. It's his conditioning, tough chin, and well-roundedness that has won him fights.

Mendes had Conor on his back because 1. He actually offers a threat standing. 2. He's quick as fuck. 3. Is one of the best in MMA from transitioning wrestling to MMA wrestling. 4. Conor went into the fight with zero grappling training. 5. Tore his MCL 2 weeks prior to the fight.

Now Khabib may have better wrestling than Mendes but he isn't as quick and doesn't have knockout power so Khabib is offering 1 thing. This isn't 2005. You need to be more well rounded than that. Khabib has fought 1 top 5 guy - a striker whose major weapon is kicking = easier to crowd and pressure a fighter that needs room to move.

Khabib needs to close the distance first. Ask Eddie how well that worked for him...
RDA isn't a top guy? Former lightweight champion. Beat former welterweight champion Robbie Lawler.

Michael Johnson has been on a losing strrss but at the time he fought Khabib he was a easily a top 5. He is the only guy in the UFC to beat Tony Ferguson. He KO'ed Dustin Poirier (Conor got a tko, Johnson got a clean one punch KO). He beat Edson- Barboza.

i love how people say kebab manhandled rockhold.

that's training. wrestling training... in a fight. glassy chinned rockhold murks him.

keep holding on to that dream...

another one... no one has hurt him in 26 fights....

lets be real. look at his record.

he has 10 ufc fights. 2 subs 2 tkos. 6 decisions. still only fought 1 guy in top 5

and I am sorry but I don't believe barboza belongs in the top 5.

you can give him credit for 10 good fights in 6 years time.
This sounds just like Conor up to the Aldo fight. Except Conor had already lost, twice, in his career.

One of Conor's best weapons has always been his opponents always underestimating him. They learn the hard way. Conor is a complete striker. The best the lighter classes have ever seen in MMA. To think he only has a left hand, and once I deal with that the fight is mine is simply wrong.

You hear it..

Conor does not have A,B,C,D,E

Keep underestimating.
I think it's the opposite. Khabib is the first guy I've heard give Conor the respect his striking deserves. Every other fool got baited into a standup fight and thought they could out strike him.

Mendes had Conor on his back because he's the only wrestler Conor has ever faced. Who are you trying to kid?

Khabib would absolutely handle Mendes, and Conor on the same night. You're comparing a FW to a guy who manhandles Rockhold and is said to feel like a LHW/HW to those who have been underneath him.

He has way more of a diverse range of td's than Mendes and a single to close the distance which is superior against Conor's wide sprawling stance than a power double.

Khabib also has vastly superior top control. Conor won't be let up. He's nearly defenseless off his back. Khabib will eat him alive.

Conor has been fed midgets and strikers in his entire career.

The only times he wasn't were against Nate (non midget) and Mendes (wrestler) and the only reason he took those unfavorable matchups is because they had no training camps and were last minute fill ins. Both of them gave him fits. Wake up and smell the roses.

27-0

Khabib is the favorite for a reason. GSP picked Khabib against Conor, the same guy that picked Conor over Diaz 2 and Alvarez. Not because he's emotionally invested, but because, being the GOAT, he understands how easy it is to nullify a single weapon (left hand) if you can actually wrestle.

What makes you think Khabib would handle Mendes so easily? Chad is a better athlete, he is faster, he hits harder and has a great wrestling base. Khabib is not getting easy TD's on Chad. Al was stuffing those TD's late in the fight. Al only wrestled in community college..

I think it's the opposite. Khabib is the first guy I've heard give Conor the respect his striking deserves. Every other fool got baited into a standup fight and thought they could out strike him.

Did you watch the video? He did not respect his striking. He said left hand.. He has more than a left hand..

What makes you think Khabib would handle Mendes so easily? Chad is a better athlete, he is faster, he hits harder and has a great wrestling base. Khabib is not getting easy TD's on Chad. Al was stuffing those TD's late in the fight. Al only wrestled in community college..
Khabib wrestles way above his weight.

Mendes is just too small for him. Turns into a clinch war against the cage and Chad gets handled.

Khabib wrestles way above his weight.

Mendes is just too small for him. Turns into a clinch war against the cage and Chad gets handled.

I favor Khabib but the fight goes for a while. Probably a decision win for Khabib. Conor took Chad out in less than 2 rounds.

Back