Khabib defended his belt 3 times, Aldo 10..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And even after losing the belt is top 5, dude can talk all he wants but Aldo been there and done that, ran through the division as a contender, defended belt 10 times, came back from loses and is still a top 5 guy.

Maybe Khabib could have defended 10 times, maybe he would have lost, but either way he is gone, that has to count for something, sure he was great but lets not compare to GSP, Anderson, Aldo, DJ, Jones, he did NOT do what those guys did, he was on his way to possibly being in the some mountain but stopped climbing, these are facts.

Don't think we need another thread on this

But you're correct

Aldo is among the clear top 6 GOATs, top 4 if PED infractions disqualify Jones and Anderson.

Khabib is firmly outside of the real GOAT conversation

And even after losing the belt is top 5, dude can talk all he wants but Aldo been there and done that, ran through the division as a contender, defended belt 10 times, came back from loses and is still a top 5 guy.

Maybe Khabib could have defended 10 times, maybe he would have lost, but either way he is gone, that has to count for something, sure he was great but lets not compare to GSP, Anderson, Aldo, DJ, Jones, he did NOT do what those guys did, he was on his way to possibly being in the some mountain but stopped climbing, these are facts.

Yup. He also was fighting better comp the whole time.

Khabib ran.

Aldo fought and defended

Aldo >>>>>>Khabib 28-1

Do you think any Sherdog member is unaware of that? We’re told daily.

Khabib had his chance to write his history as a GOAT but chose not to. I can't really fault him, he got out young, wealthy and I would assume healthy.

If he would have stuck around for another couple of years and fought more than once a year, this would be a moot discussion.

Just give it time and he will be forgotten

Longevity matters. There are a lot of amazing boxers that have retired undefeated at their peak that aren't considered GOATs.

Khabib's dominance was impressive but he just doesn't have the resume. I think because we don't see too many 30-0 guys in MMA like we do in boxing that it has added to Khabib's mystique.

Khabib hetired rich and healthy at 32. He's a succesful businessman now. I bet he's not that worried about not being the GOAT.

Lol Aldo got destroyed by nearly all the great fighters he fought. Even got bullied in his gift title shot against Yan. Imagine trying to put him higher than khabib. Stop giving this dude pity points.

I think both are top tier fighters that put on awesome performances and did amazing things in the sport. The goat discussion is entirely subjective and taken way too seriously, especially around here. Just my two cents.

<Fedor23>

Don't think we need another thread on this

But you're correct

Aldo is among the clear top 6 GOATs, top 4 if PED infractions disqualify Jones and Anderson.

Khabib is firmly outside of the real GOAT conversation
Who are your 4 Non-PED infractions? GSP, Fedor, Aldo, Cruz? Just wondering, won't argue who belongs in or out...

Edit: fuck, DJ...

WEC/UFC Fights
Aldo: 26
Khabib: 13

Total Title Fights (Record)
Aldo: 15 (11-4)
Khabib: 4 (4-0)

Title Defenses
Aldo: 9
Khabib: 3

Fight Activity
Aldo: 26 fights / 13 years
Khabib: 13 fights / 8 years

Top 10 Wins
Aldo: 12
Khabib: 6

Haters can jog on.
Aldo:Slept by max x2 slept by Conor in 13 secs lol and battered by Yan. Also cheated in the second Chad fight.

Aldo:Slept by max x2 slept by Conor in 13 secs lol and battered by Yan. Also cheated in the second Chad fight.
Aldo has been KO'd once by Conor and that is it. Max didn't sleep anyone, what are you talking about ?

Battered by Yan ? He arguably won that fight.

I get it, you are a Khabib fan and that is ok. The hard stats are just that, hard stats, Khabib is nowhere near Aldo legacy wise. That does not mean he wasn't an amazing figther and will go down as one of the better grapplers in the sport. No hall of fame and most def no GOAT discussion.

He can't even beat Aldo in stats and Aldo is not even in the GOAT discussion. Khabib is miles behind.

P.S - fun fact, when Tony pulled out, both Max and Aldo wanted to step in. Khabib said yes to Max and no to Aldo, that is everything I need to know about these two. One is a figther, the other one is a protege.

Back