Khabib cuts on average 37 pounds to make LW, how would he fare against the WW top 5?

Can't think of a more meaningless stat than "walk around weight"

I walk around a 202 but am not in shape until I hit around 160. Depends on how much you eat between fights.

that's just how it is. you have to lose the weight either way
But comparing a wrestling schedule with an MMA schedule is apples to oranges, so using the same terminology makes no sense. A high school or college wrestler is wrestling every week. The only weight they are cutting is water weight. A professional fighter is fighting once maybe every six months, and the typical training camp is about 8 weeks. Thus the weight they lose during training is a totally separate thing from the weight they are cutting the week of the fight.

Khabib is one of the best athletes of the whole UFC. He grapples competitive with MWs like Luke Rockhold( he said this himself). I think he could do very well at WW.
C Tyron Woodley -> tossup, Woodley would probably be favorite but we've never seen him against a grappler like Khabib

1 Stephen Thompson -> would obviously get wrestlefucked

2 Robbie Lawler -> very durable fighter, but Khabib wins, Robbie's TDD Isn't that good against wrestlers

3 Demian Maia -> Would look similar to Shields vs Maia, Khabib wins

4 Carlos Condit -> Easy win for The Eagle

5 Donald Cerrone -> Tough fight, Khabib probably takes him down and pounds him, but needs to be careful with Cowboy's crafty ground game
usman and woodley he scared of, reason y khabib doesnt put gatheje out his mouth or ali

Khabib beats Maia easily. The much better wrestler and striker and old Maia gasses hard against anyone who can neutralize his game.

That post was 3 years ago my guy. Obviously time is on Khabib’s side now. Relax.

Back