Khabib couldnt stop smiling when he faced off with Max........

It would have been televised murder, too skinny and not even a wrestler

This fight is 2nd to the Tony fight that I, as a Khabib fan, am sad never happened. If shit went different and Khabib crushed Max and Tony it would have beefed up his resume more. Ideally Tony at 209 and Max at 223. That way he still could have got the win over Justin recently as well. Oh well.

It is what it is.

Max still has some brass balls.
yup

Not that Max would even have anywhere near the TDD required to stuff takedowns from Khabib (if there is anyone in the LW division) but he can't even threaten Khabib with submissions from the bottom since Khabib's submissions and defenses are way better than Max's too.

Khabib by any method he chooses since there's no chance in hell that Max will rock him with pitty patty punches either.

Max is arguably a LW thought instead of a FW since he cuts down to 145 but then balloons to somewhere around Poirier's weight fight night (Max weighed like 178 in the Aldo fight), so not even an undersized LW either, much less a FW.

lol poor max. I love when khabib was like 'do you really think you can beat me?' and max just looked so disrespected and caught off guard.

not sure where max goes from here. can't beat midget volkanovksi. can't beat poirier. probably can't beat gaethje conor or tony. and he has already taken a good amount of CTE.

I thought Holloway beat Volkanovski in the rematch. The judges were biased.

Max isn't as big as people think lol

For a FW he is massive and cuts as much weight relative to his class as anyone. He hydrades about 30 lbs. IIRC hes around 175+ in the cage @ FW and was that against Aldo for sure

For a FW he is massive and cuts as much weight relative to his class as anyone. He hydrades about 30 lbs. IIRC hes around 175+ in the cage @ FW and was that against Aldo for sure
Im always gonna be iffy on those Big john claims. He said on Rogan when he was cutting down for this Khabib fight (out of camp) he was about 170 before the cut. Thats a little big for FW sure but 175 in the cage? No way. I've also known some people who have done some work in his gym before and they all said hes super tall but lanky for a FW.

lol poor max. I love when khabib was like 'do you really think you can beat me?' and max just looked so disrespected and caught off guard.

not sure where max goes from here. can't beat midget volkanovksi. can't beat poirier. probably can't beat gaethje conor or tony. and he has already taken a good amount of CTE.
He already beat that midget and he can definitely beat Dustin if he fills up some more for lw. He looked way undersized and he did lot better than I thought rewatching the fight, everyone expected Max to win so it looked lot worse than it was.

Not sure where he goes? He gets paid to fight again? Lol.

He arguably beat Volk, so is a bad ass in his own right.

The last fight with Volk was close and many had Max winning. The problem is the older he gets the harder it will be to stay at FW and I don’t see him beating any of the top LWs you mention.

I could see what was coming, would have been better for Khabib's prestige, maybe even better for max if Khabib decided to tap him fast

The last fight with Volk was close and many had Max winning. The problem is the older he gets the harder it will be to stay at FW and I don’t see him beating any of the top LWs you mention.

He forced Dustin to dig real deep to win that fight.

There is no reason to assume Max wouldn't be successful vs at least a large portion of the division, if not the top top guys.

It would have been a great fight even if Khabib was going to maul him. Max is tough as nails, I think he wouod have survived till the end and lost a decision.

That's hindsight for ya.

Max is a tough guy but yeah a volume striker with an above average ground game isn't enough to beat Khabib. It kinda sucks tho because at one time or another Max looked nearly unstoppable at 145.

IDK what Max needs to do to preserve his career. His lack of urgency or change in game plan was retarded in his last fight with Volk. Volk was on his bicycle the entire fight and Max couldn't catch him.

And yet he couldn't fight because he was too big while moving up

I guess it was super ballsy of Rumble to move up from WW and miss weight for his fight vs Vitor at MW lol

You can whine about it all you want but he took the fight on six days notice and was going to continue.

Again, another terrible comparison. You're on quite a roll.

{<jordan}

This fight is 2nd to the Tony fight that I, as a Khabib fan, am sad never happened. If shit went different and Khabib crushed Max and Tony it would have beefed up his resume more. Ideally Tony at 209 and Max at 223. That way he still could have got the win over Justin recently as well. Oh well.

yup
He beat the guys that beat them. And he beat they right straight AFTER.

UFC 236
- Poirier beats Max

Then Khabib beats Poirier at UFC 242

UFC 249
- Gaethje beats Tony

Then Khabib beats Gaethje at UFC 254

It's not Khabib's fault both those guys got beat fighting for a silly interim belt lol

Khabib was bigger than everyone he has ever faced. Let him fight a guy like Colby and beat him soundly, then I’ll get on the train for P4P goat. Until then, he’s a LW goat, which in itself is great, but imo, no where near p4p, he never challenged himself and was injured many times through his career almost retiring before he won the title, and only had two defenses. Khabib is good, but the ball lickers on this site praise him like a god. He’s not. It’s pretty disgusting actually, this is a guy who will cry foul when someone is critical of Muslims, yet the poor guy who got beheaded by a Muslim. He didn’t say a fucking word about that sorry fuck, it was more like in the tone of fuck you, you insult our prophet and WE WILL BEHEAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!

Khabib was bigger than everyone he has ever faced. Let him fight a guy like Colby and beat him soundly, then I’ll get on the train for P4P goat. Until then, he’s a LW goat, which in itself is great, but imo, no where near p4p, he never challenged himself and was injured many times through his career almost retiring before he won the title, and only had two defenses. Khabib is good, but the ball lickers on this site praise him like a god. He’s not. It’s pretty disgusting actually, this is a guy who will cry foul when someone is critical of Muslims, yet the poor guy who got beheaded by a Muslim. He didn’t say a fucking word about that sorry fuck, it was more like in the tone of fuck you, you insult our prophet and WE WILL BEHEAD YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!
<{Joewithit}>

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Back