Khabib couldnt stop smiling when he faced off with Max........

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2F.image%2FMTY4MDMxODI4MzU2MDQ4MjU2%2Fufc-223-max-holloway-khabib-nurmagomedov-fight-canceledjpg.jpg

More intimidating now after what Khabib did to Conor/Dustin/Gaethje

Hooge Max fan but thank God that fight didnt happen. Max has sturong TDD @ 145 but Ortegas D- tier TDs at 145 got Max down. 5'6 Volk got him down multiple times too. That fight wouldve been ROUGGGHHHH to watch as a Max fan

lol poor max. I love when khabib was like 'do you really think you can beat me?' and max just looked so disrespected and caught off guard.

not sure where max goes from here. can't beat midget volkanovksi. can't beat poirier. probably can't beat gaethje conor or tony. and he has already taken a good amount of CTE.

As a huge Max stan on here I have to agree lol.
<2>

This is gonna be a Hot Take too, but I'd honestly rather have had him lose to Khabib though and not take much damage as opposed to the beating he took from Poirier, he was getting hurt BADLY and I think that rattled his confidence going forward making him Gun Shy where as Khabib would have tapped him out and did relatively less damage.

I think like Gaethje, he would have respected Max enough to go for the quickest possible Finish instead of trying to smash the fuck out of him like he did Conor. He respected Max, and knew he'd have a rough cut.

<2>

This is gonna be a Hot Take too, but I'd honestly rather have had him lose to Khabib though and not take much damage as opposed to the beating he took from Poirier, he was getting hurt BADLY and I think that rattled his confidence going forward making him Gun Shy where as Khabib would have tapped him out and did relatively less damage.

I think like Gaethje, he would have respected Max enough to go for the quickest possible Finish instead of trying to smash the fuck out of him like he did Conor. He respected Max, and knew he'd have a rough cut.

This is true. Max hasn’t been the same since Poirier rearranged his brain. He fights much more defensive now with less output. Seems to have lost a step in general.

Still would've rather him lose to khabib then dustin

Agreed, the damage he took for 5 Rounds changed him for the worse, that's one of those Fights where a Fighter DOES leave something in the Octagon, and for Max it was his confidence, you saw it in both the Frankie and Volkanovski fight, he became so worried about getting hurt that he's adapted this more conservative style where he usually picks up the pace and throws caution to the wind.

It was a method that while it wasn't going to be effective FOREVER when he started letting his hands go in the 1st Volkanovski fight he got the better of the exchanges. He can't afford to be timid and look for the big shot, he doesn't have that kind of Power.

<2>

he respected Conor as a fighter too dont make mistake

Took it on 6 days notice and the commission stopped the fight, not him. There's your "irony" playboy.
Right but the commission having to step in because Max was cutting too much weight kinda diminishes the whole having big balls for moving up thing

It is what it is.

Max still has some brass balls.

Right but the commission having to step in because Max was cutting too much weight kinda diminishes the whole having big balls for moving up thing

Doesn't diminish it at all. Max was going to continue and was confident he would make weight. On 6 days notice. He doesn't control the commission.

Meanwhile...

Habib.0.jpg

Back