Khabib-Conor 2 if Tony Wins would be amazing

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It would be the greatest thing ever.

Tony could shake everything up by just winning. I hope he has something special planned for Khabib.

Something we’re not expecting.

From a business point of view, I can see UFC letting Conor fight for a title first. Then, win or lose, he has a reason to fight Khabib.
And Khabib can get offered an immediate Title fight vs Conor, we've seen far worse things happen.

That said, it's not that I'm a big fan of such ways, but oh well.

If Tony beats Khabib, Dana will be handing the bout agreement to Tony for the Conor fight as he's putting the belt around his waist.

I think Conor has a good chance at beating Tony
Khabib is a nightmare matchup

If Tony beats Khabib, Dana will be handing the bout agreement to Tony for the Conor fight as he's putting the belt around his waist.
It's probably in his contract, to fight Conor if he wins the title.

IMO Tony isn't an easier matchup for Conor than Khabib. He's like a better Diaz brother.

Amazing if you want to see Conor lose again.

He has no chance and the fact you think he does because he beat losealot Cerrone is laughable.

It'll probably be engraved on the back of the belt.

I think Khabib wins but would happy with either of them winning.

Tony needs to be on the biggest stage possible to increase his fanbase. How could you not cheer for the guy?

If Khabib drops a decision loss to Tony, he's going to insist on a rematch.

The truth is Khabib probably has the cache to force the UFC to offer a rematch no matter how he loses if it were to happen.

Then of course, Conor doesn't watch to rematch Khabib in the first place, but he has the title. Without the title you don't have a snowball's chance in hell of Conor fighting Khabib. He'll campaign for Tony or anyone else, because he has close to zero chance of beating Khabib. Its a lose lose.

Conor knocks Tony down and TKOs him within 2 rounds. Khabib finishes Conor again.

Khabib vs Tony is the fight I'm most excited about. I'm trying my best not to get too excited though, as I don;t want to be let down by another cancellation.

IMO Tony isn't an easier matchup for Conor than Khabib. He's like a better Diaz brother.

To an extent, I agree with you. Tony's boxing isn't nearly as good as Nate's. I think he's an overall better striker, but the boxing gives Nate an edge against Conor. Tony doesn't roll with punches that well. I could see him getting stopped early.

Tony's edge over Nate is that he's not just a boxing/bjj guy. He's well rounded. That's really it. I think they're both crazy, tough, and have great cardio, but Tony eats too many clean shots. Nate actually rolls with punches really well. He's not a defensive wizard or anything, but he does have some decent defensive technique.

If you're Dana, then you know the following scenario would probably be the most lucrative for everyone involved:

Tony beats Khabib...
Conor vs Khabib II...Conor wins
Conor fights Tony for the belt...Conor wins
Conor vs Khabib III for the belt...

If you're Tony, this is the ideal situation:

Tony beats Khabib...
Tony defends his belt and defeats Conor...
Tony retires as the GOAT...
Khabib vs Conor II for the belt...

If Tony would win, then that would be a damn good story. WAR TONY!

CorruptOblongGalago-max-1mb.gif

If Tony beats Khabib, most likely Khabib gets a rematch while Conor faces Gaethje.

If not, then it would be because Tony booked Conor for his 1st defense.

I'd much rather see Khabib vs Gaethje. I want to know if Khabib's wrestling is THAT good. It seems to be but I think Gaethje is the biggest test for a wrestler at LW.

To an extent, I agree with you. Tony's boxing isn't nearly as good as Nate's. I think he's an overall better striker, but the boxing gives Nate an edge against Conor. Tony doesn't roll with punches that well. I could see him getting stopped early.

Tony's edge over Nate is that he's not just a boxing/bjj guy. He's well rounded. That's really it. I think they're both crazy, tough, and have great cardio, but Tony eats too many clean shots. Nate actually rolls with punches really well. He's not a defensive wizard or anything, but he does have some decent defensive technique.
Nate does not have a boxing advantage over Conor. His advantage over Conor was his chin and cardio.

The first fight, Conor wrecked Nate for a round and a half until he suddenly gassed (we all saw that huge gasp for air, including Nate). If not for Nate's chin, it would have been over quick.

Instead, Nate recognized Conor's fading, caught him with a big shot then of course took him down and subbed him. The point being that it certainly was not because of superior boxing.

Nate does not have a boxing advantage over Conor. His advantage over Conor was his chin and cardio.

The first fight, Conor wrecked Nate for a round and a half until he suddenly gassed (we all saw that huge gasp for air, including Nate). If not for Nate's chin, it would have been over quick.

Instead, Nate recognized Conor's fading, caught him with a big shot then of course took him down and subbed him. The point being that it certainly was not because of superior boxing.

He has a boxing advantage over Tony. I never said he had one over Conor.

Conor tried to take him down and they ended up on the ground. Nate never shot in the first fight.

If Tony wins it will be Tony vs Conor, not conor Khabib.

I am worried that Tony will end up pushed from a balcony or something, from some 'random' thugs before the fight!

Back