Khabib completely shutting down Poirier's switch attempts.

Just because Luke Thomas says Dustin has good wrestling doesn't mean it's true.

Al Ia Quinta had the best wrestling of Khabibs last 5 opponents & took him 5 rounds on short notice.
Dustin got taken down by a washed up Jake Ellenberger.[/QUOTE]

When ?

{<huh}

One technique that Khabib uses often and that always impresses me is how he wraps his legs around his opponents legs. He basically renders them helpless.

giphy.gif
Shinya Aoki was the one that popularized that technique in MMA. I'm almost certain that Khabib watched Aoki do it, and copied him. Not that it matters, he would smesh Aoki faster than Askren did.

Do you see how Condit has his hips ABOVE Georges?

Also notice, Georges is covered in blood because he got dropped like a sack of potatoes and was definitely concussed.

If Dustin was 4" taller then Khabib, and had recently nearly knocked him out, he may have had the leverage to hit that switch. You would NEVER do what Dustin did, to a fresh world class MMA adapted wrestler. It was moronic, he just panicked.

Guy I don't need an explanation, I've been grappling since grade school.

Merely posting another switch from a different fight with a similar setup.

different angle, he had room to move gsp 180 degrees. khabib was like 90 degrees with the fence... and defended it like a master. wasn't a terrible attempt, but khabib is a step ahead

Condit also snatched the leg on the way down to prevent GSP from kicking his leg out and top riding him as he twisted. DP tried but lost it as Khabib kicked up and out of the grab.

Khabib is very situationally aware. As soon as DP thought to switch, Khabib already had his next three moves planned.

L6psqsN.gif

8s87gAJ.gif

Fucking flawless..
Especially that first gif, defends the switch then takes his back.

tbh it was due to the cage if cage wasnt blocking them dustin would have won the exchange the cage can help or hurt you

Shows how fucked Dustin was that he tried the exact same technique twice even after it didn't work the first time.

Notice he keeps his arms locked the entire time.

His grip strength is obviously absurd for his weightclass as well as his balance and technique.
that didnt matter he had an s grip if was a gable yeah t could have broken the grip but the cage helped khabib from not flying over to his back dustin needed a good 3 more feat and he would have escaped the position

Condit also snatched the leg on the way down to prevent GSP from kicking his leg out and top riding him as he twisted. DP tried but lost it as Khabib kicked up and out of the grab.

Khabib is very situationally aware. As soon as DP thought to switch, Khabib already had his next three moves planned.
well a decent grappler does i you are in a position and arnt aware of what the defense is then you shouldn't be there theirs only so many ways to escape a position

One technique that Khabib uses often and that always impresses me is how he wraps his legs around his opponents legs. He basically renders them helpless.

giphy.gif

he stole it from jake shields and shinya aoki jake first used it on mayhem miller in 2009 in strikeforce

L6psqsN.gif

8s87gAJ.gif

Fucking flawless..
Especially that first gif, defends the switch then takes his back.

It appears that Khabib is a much better wrestler than GSP when it comes to defending reversals.

n8m0l.jpg

Shows how fucked Dustin was that he tried the exact same technique twice even after it didn't work the first time.
that doesn't make much sense. did tibau show how fucked khabib was for continuously trying to take him down when it didn't work the first time?

poirier did the right thing, khabib countered. he did it again, correctly, khabib countered again. it's how fighting is done.

Tony is a real G, but Khabib will beat him with a bit to spare imo

Tony is already calling Khabib boring/lazy

That is just a ploy to make Khabib stand with him and take risks

I predict the fight to be similar to Floyd v Manny

Khabib will have a perfect gameplan and wrestle his way to a clear decision, that haters will call boring. However, it will be a technical master class.

Tony has a lot of heart and if he gets an opening he will go for it.

However, I just can't see Khabib losing this fight now.

Best LW ever. He will fuck Tony up in 1st round. Probably KD him and smash on the ground.
Lol. Yeah ok bud. Want to av bet on that one oh wait that fight is never getting made. Good. Khabib's striking sucks Javier will tell you himself. Knock down then finish in 1st hah cmon man. Maybe within 4 or 5. Maybe. Does Khabib have any first round finishes at all? He didn't even finish Darrell Horcher in the first round. Please don't compare Tony Ferguson to Thiago Tavares... ever...

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Makes you wonder how come he always gets it. It looks like his opponents raise their knees in hopes of preventing him from reaching mount position, creating just enough space for him to lock his legs underneath them in the process.

Last edited:
You can't hit a switch from that position, unless the top guy is a moron. You have to get your left hip outside the top guy's left hip. It was a terribile attempt.

Hmm, I don't know about that. Top guys in that position sometimes break the grip in order to throw a punch to the head or two. It seems like a perfect opportunity to look for that switch.

Lol. Yeah ok bud. Want to av bet on that one oh wait that fight is never getting made. Good. Khabib's striking sucks Javier will tell you himself. Knock down then finish in 1st hah cmon man. Maybe within 4 or 5. Maybe. Does Khabib have any first round finishes at all? He didn't even finish Darrell Horcher in the first round. Please don't compare Tony Ferguson to Thiago Tavares... ever...

You're right, people are becoming more delusional by the day. God forbid Khabib actually knocks someone out on the feet, this place will turn into zombieland.

Khabib is 1000x the grappler Maia is. If they fought, even with the massive size discrepancy Khabib is technically so much better he would take down Maia, pass his guard like butter and tell Maia to choose which submission he would like to be finished by. We've never seen this kind if technical wizardry on the ground before. Shit, he's never been on his back but even his guard and sweeps are better than Maia's who, who has the 2nd most wins in UFC history.. The way he grapevines those legs is the most impressive thing I've ever seen in MMA. Easy. Khabib's whole strategy is like the soulja boy dance or Vince's Billionaire strut, kids are just taking down and grapevining eachother it's really hot on the streets right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back