Khabib - Cant punch or kick

Would be a nightmare for Zuffa from a marketing perspective if Khabib was champ.

Yeah, an undefeated, bear wrestling, badass russian who dominates everyone will be hard to market. lol.

He's already a fan favorite

If this leg rider wins a ufc belt I will personally fly to his hometown in Dagestan or where every hes from and run around it naked

The first exchange when Showtime kicks him in the face his plan will go out the window and panic mode will ensue before hes knocked unconcious with a kick from the TKD Gods.

Lol, if you do that in Makhachkala you might die, for real

I got Showtime by counter right to RNC in the first, Khabib doesn't have a steel chin like Melendez.

To me it's more of a question of whether or not Pettis will finish Khabib in one round or two. Either way he's gonna get exposed badly and everyone around here who sincerely has deluded themselves into thinking he's some future GOAT is going to be absolutely stunned and it'll be fuckin ace. He has never fought one such blistering storm of finishing offensive techniques as ANTHONY PETTIS (p4p #5).

GTfUHgH.gif

Lol I know, right? Like when pettis owned guida...oh, wait...

lol at the first 2 posts, Khabib will manhandle Pettis and it's not granted that Pettis beats Dos Anjos.

Pettis has shown time and time again that he can easily get pushed back into the fence. The thing is, he probably does it on purpose because he (much like Silva) uses the cage to stop the TD. I promise you though, if he concedes that position, Khabib will get him down every time. Benson and Melendez both were able to do it, but weren't half the wrestlers Khabib is, so they couldn't complete it.

Khabib can take Pettis down, and despite his wild style, he doesn't really get tagged that often. The only question to me is, can Khabib keep it up for 5 rounds? My guess is no, he will get caught eventually. Pettis is explosive till the last buzzer.

People are both overestimating and underestimating Khabib here.

I laugh at those who imply Khabibs only threat is wrestling
You think Khabib is a threat to Pettis standing?

Or in terms of a submission?

Because if so then that is the only truly laughable notion here.
Kyle1991 said:
You say that as if Pettis hasn't improved leaps and bounds since that fight. He has. That fight will have happened four years ago this summer btw.
at the very least he's beat guys in the top 5 - unlike mchype.
That is true. Won't deny it.
lol at the first 2 posts, Khabib will manhandle Pettis and it's not granted that Pettis beats Dos Anjos.
Yeah it's soooooo farfetched that a finisher, who hasn't gassed ever, with a great chin and guard manages to end the boring points fighter who wants to hug your back for an entire fight that he can't even stay fresh for.

Get real.

How many sambo guys are holding belts at the minute in the ufc?

thought so

He was zero chance

Pettis vs Khabib is a 50/50 matchup IMO.

Pettis by KO or Khabib by UD. I like them both so i just hope for a great fight!

Yeah, an undefeated, bear wrestling, badass russian who dominates everyone will be hard to market. lol.

Most people who post on sherdog aren't casual fans, and no casual fan wants to see Khabib fight, I guarantee you that.

Most people who post on sherdog aren't casual fans, and no casual fan wants to see Khabib fight, I guarantee you that.

fans cant even say his name this guy is a nobody cant wait until hes found out wouldnt finish his dinner never mind a top 5 guy.

If he cannot punch or kick then why was he outclassing Dos Anjos on the feet? lol

As i mentioned above. Among hardcore fans he's one of the most popular "new" fighters out there along with McGregor and a few others.

And just look at GSP, flashy knockouts isn't the most important thing for a fighter to become a star. If that was enough then Anthony would be the PPV king.

If he cannot punch or kick then why was he outclassing Dos Anjos on the feet? lol
You can't possibly be serious. :icon_lol:

He wasn't getting outclassed standing, but part of the reason why he didn't take Khabib out is that RDA, despite being one of the better LW strikers, has never been known for TDD or good footwork... which are kind of important skills to have when standing with a hugger.

As i mentioned above. Among hardcore fans he's one of the most popular "new" fighters out there along with McGregor and a few others.
Well yeah, but I usually interpret the phrase "fan favorite" to mean widely liked. GSP was a fan favorite. Sure he had plenty of detractors but which dominant champ doesn't? My point is that it's really not fair to claim that Khabib won't be a marketing disaster as champion simply because he's well-known amongst more informed, niche circles.

"UFC 200: Watch Snarky Russian Guy Hug Opponent's Back for 25 Minutes!"

Can he take and keep Pettis down wo getting subbed?

Pettis has too many ways to win, Kabib has one.

What?

Only these 'hardcore fans' like Khabib because he is sambo based Russian fighter.

Pettis can finish anybody in the world, Khabib can't finish a top-30 opponent even if his life depended on it.

And how long ago was that fight? Dude has finished Hendo, Cowboy, and Gil in a combined 4 rounds. Ain't another man in the world can lay claim to that.

Back