Khabib attacks hip hop in da Dag

Status
Not open for further replies.
wwdLcPI.png

Good point. I think him taping and laughing at his brother forcing a homeless man to do pushups and then tormenting him for more and not giving him the promised money is more anti-Islam than any concert where ppl are just having a good time dancing and listening to music.

Those homeless guys were old and could be hungry, it's rlly not funny to mock them and make them workout who knows what physical problems they could have.

Because he pushes Islamic beliefs bullshit while making bums to pushups while laughing and fighting people for a living. You can’t have it both ways

He's allowed to have and spread an opinion about X being a bad influence on his culture.

You are allowed to have and spread an opinion about his opinion.

His comment was completely in-bounds, even if you disagree with his implied position.
Who are you even talking to? No one in here said he wasn't allowed to share his opinion

McGregor = Degenerate Westerner vs. Khabib = Traditionlist Muslim

You guys really got triggered by the homeless vid. Out of all the shit we hear fighters or athletes do, this is what pisses you off? Im thinking you already hate Khabib for whatever reasons and use the homeless shit as an excuse, sad. Buncha hypocrite angels up in here.

Who are you even talking to? No one in here said he wasn't allowed to share his opinion

The people engaging in hyperbole and crying/whining about the tone and content of his comment.

Lots and lots of sensitive snowflakes who can't handle a traditional person giving a straightforward and unapologetic comment against something modern that he feels is a negative influence.

Lol,i figured you're not from here, It's all good Sherbro. Chicago, Illinois, USA(Chiraq) 650 murders last year. It's an ignored problem by those who are mainly responsible for it, is normal.

Apologies pal, I getcha

first off, I never said he couldn't express his opinion... I said his opinion sucks.

and yeh pretty sure there no boxing in the koran. its no diff a carreer than making music. no one questions his faith cuz hes a fighter so for him to attack a musician is lame,

Him expressing his personal opinion about what happens inside his culture = you being offended. And then, without any sense of irony whatsoever, accusing HIM of being a cultural imperialist.

How is he a hypocrite for upholding traditionalism in his culture? And your evidence for his hypocrisy is him talking about smashing Conor... you think hand-to-hand combat is a break from his culture's past? That is the only way what you said makes any sense, and if you think that you aren't very familiar with his national history.

Well, we would need a bit more information on what kind of message the group was sending.

I guess everyone is assuming this is only about fans enjoying a show & singing out loud with their hands up in the air? The linked article was pretty short. Perhaps they're singing about some f*cked up sh*t & the whole crowd is singing along like it's all right to sing about such things.

i'm just saying that we need more information here. The OP makes a bold & definitive statement that the only reason Khabib doesn't like it is because it's not religious, but gives no more information on what the content actually was. We need to be careful before we throw shade at others when we don't even know all the facts. I'm not defending Khabib here... I'm just saying that not enough info is present to make these statements.

He's religious. I can understand where he's coming from.
See the world TS there's lots of different people, with different morales and values

Actually I frequently buy homeless ppl food, not give them money cuz I know they have problems.
I have also volunteered at soup kitchens.

You can make argument maybe those guys dont live the best way but you dont know their stories. And for someone in a position of money and power to pick on them is disgusting.

If he were picking on some frat boys@ a nightclub ok but defenless old dirty homeless guys, is just a sick human

You guys really got triggered by the homeless vid. Out of all the shit we hear fighters or athletes do, this is what pisses you off? Im thinking you already hate Khabib for whatever reasons and use the homeless shit as an excuse, sad. Buncha hypocrite angels up in here.

It has nothing to do with us claiming to be angels. I’m far from it but I don’t claim to be. Khabib shoves his religious bs down our throats and then we see he’s really a stroke who hides behind it

Love how he got called out on it too on instagram.
“Making homeless people do push ups for money, is this what was bequeathed to us by righteous predecessors?”

I like Khabib but I part ways with him on this. And what exactly does this mean as far as how he views America? If hip hop is so terrible then don’t come back to the US.

Well, we would need a bit more information on what kind of message the group was sending.

I guess everyone is assuming this is only about fans enjoying a show & singing out loud with their hands up in the air? The linked article was pretty short. Perhaps they're singing about some f*cked up sh*t & the whole crowd is singing along like it's all right to sing about such things.

i'm just saying that we need more information here. The OP makes a bold & definitive statement that the only reason Khabib doesn't like it is because it's not religious, but gives no more information on what the content actually was. We need to be careful before we throw shade at others when we don't even know all the facts. I'm not defending Khabib here... I'm just saying that not enough info is present to make these statements.
Yes, I haven’t seen anyone give an account of what they were chanting when the performers were engaging the crowd. That could be the main issue.

Khabib is a fucking Neanderthal. I don’t even like Connor but it’s in everyone’s best interest he wins back the title

Fighters do way worse things than what Khabib did, of course. What’s troublesome about that video is how he SEEMS to take pleasure in teasing someone who is obviously in a terrible situation/condition. There wouldn’t have been any backlash if he really was trying to help the man. Ask him to wash your car or some other task to work for the money if your intention really was to help. Making him do push-ups while giggling the whole time and filming is just an all around dirtbag move. I never give homeless people money because I don’t feel like begging should be someone’s profession and there are services for people in those situations out there. I do donate to charities that assist them.

He defends his national traditions and culture against American cultural imperialism. And he has full right to do it. More people should critisize the garbage american popcultre and defend their national traditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back