News Khabib and Masvidal on the Nielsen list of 50 most marketable athletes; ranked above Joshua and Fury

Bianca Andreescu is a Canadian tennis player who's currently one of the top ranked players in the world. She won the US Open last year.

This is an international list.

You might not know or care who she is, but she's a household name here in Canada is a popular in other countries where tennis is a big sport.

Not popular to the point of being the #5 most marketable athlete in the world, that doesn't make any sense.

Conor is retired so he didnt make the list but obviously would be above Khabib if he were active

I think since Conor is retired he's not eligible.

What does Masvidal actually provide though? He's not a champ, his record isn't spectacular, he's just a fighter. I understand being a fan, but I don't understand how he's a superstar.
He has one of the most viewed sports clips of 2019 and a marketable personality to masses.

You don't need that much.

LeBron should be number 1. Those soccer players have zero presence in America, and yes, that's a big deal.

Good for Jorge though, dude has really turned his career around, they deserve it.

Nobody cares about America(350m population) the rest of the world love football(soccer) and rightly so. Maybe if you looked into it abit more you would realise nobody cares much about the American sports around the world hell cricket is watched more then all your sports.

Lol at Alex Morgan at 17. Who even watches women’s soccer?

People have yet to realize how H U G E Khabib has become.

Instagram followers:

Khabib: 22 Million
Conor: 37 Million

Yep, Khabib's popularity skyrocketed, thanks to the dominating performance and especially the crazy post-fight brawl. The brawl created massive headlines - a promoter's wet dream. :D

View attachment 802403

View attachment 802404

They looked at SM numbers.
This is proof for the haters saying Khabib's instagram is full of Russian bots :D

Which was ALWAYS a stupid thing too say. Khabib's post ALWAYS had tons of engagments in the form of amount of likes and comments from fans AND haters lol

Khabib Bless

View attachment 802405

There are audit companies who assess SM numbers, I checked Khabib's once it basically said 84% of his followers were real. Which, as you pointed out kills the 'bot' narrative that his haters like to spit.

Surprising that Fury isn't more popular, not shocked by Joshua though, guy wouldn't even be considered a C level celeb in the US.

Maybe they're popular in the UK and some parts of Europe but not in other parts of the world?

I think Heavyweight boxing has been overshadowed by the legacy and dominance of Ali and Tyson that it's hard for new stars to gain popularity in modern days.

I have never heard of Number #5 in the list until today.Most marketable my ass

I feel Tyson Fury is way more marketable than ppl are giving him credit for
In the UK the mans a living legend and has his fair share of detractors cos of comments made in the past.

I have never heard of Number #5 in the list until today.Most marketable my ass

Me neither. Surely Williams is more marketable among female tennis players? I think this list only counts instagram specifically so maybe that's why it's a bit weird.

Back