Rumored Khabib about to go live

He trains with Islam and knows his skill more than you or me

There is no denying he does. But he does not know the skill level of every other fighter out there to make that assessment to that degree. And there is an agenda here to keep promoting his teammate and his team. So Khabibs word is very bias. Fact is that he is highly unproven and is nowhere close to being ranked among the current p4p top 10.

Just for reference so you don't come on here a year from now pin pointing to things I said about Islam and doubting him. I am not picking a winner between him and Hooker this weekend. I think it's a fight either guy can win, it's gonna be competitive but no pick from me, I just can't pick a winner here.

There is no denying he does. But he does not know the skill level of every other fighter out there to make that assessment to that degree. And there is an agenda here to keep promoting his teammate and his team. So Khabibs word is very bias. Fact is that he is highly unproven and is nowhere close to being ranked among the current p4p top 10.

Just for reference so you don't come on here a year from now pin pointing to things I said about Islam and doubting him. I am not picking a winner between him and Hooker this weekend. I think it's a fight either guy can win, it's gonna be competitive but no pick from me, I just can't pick a winner here.

Lol your second paragraph shows who you think will win, even though you don't explicitly admit it. We are on the same page. Cheers

Islam is one of the top 10 p4p best fighters today. Oh boy. that's rich lol. These guys are so full of themselves.
Hey they wouldnt say it if they didnt really believe it,imo.

Wether it is actually true remains to be seen,but the grappling level is obviously world class.

Lol your second paragraph shows who you think will win, even though you don't explicitly admit it. We are on the same page. Cheers

No no, not at all. I honestly just can't pick a winner here. If you're gonna ask me Islam vs Justin, Dustin or Chandler? I'd say all of them beat Islam, but this one I can't call.

Hey they wouldnt say it if they didnt really believe it,imo.

Wether it is actually true remains to be seen,but the grappling level is obviously world class.

Well, to be honest, lots of teammates say things to boost their fighters. It's worked great for Islam, without Khabib and DC promoting him in the media I don't think he'd be getting the push he is. I don't doubt they do believe it, but IMO that's a bit clouded on their part, I think they're just hyping him up. I don't think there is anyone with a level head that would say Islam is a top 10 p4p fighter right now. And I'm not taking anything away from him here.....but that top 10 has some pretty proven top fighters.

Reactions: HHJ
Death, taxes ... Khabib roasting DC.

Well, to be honest, lots of teammates say things to boost their fighters. It's worked great for Islam, without Khabib and DC promoting him in the media I don't think he'd be getting the push he is. I don't doubt they do believe it, but IMO that's a bit clouded on their part, I think they're just hyping him up. I don't think there is anyone with a level head that would say Islam is a top 10 p4p fighter right now. And I'm not taking anything away from him here.....but that top 10 has some pretty proven top fighters.

It's a catch-22 because UFC wasn't giving Islam high ranked opponents as long as Khabib was active, since they knew Islam and Khabib won't fight for the title.

As soon as Khabib retired this is no longer the case and Khabib is doing his part to help Islam make up for lost time caused by them being friends and in the same division.

So overall no, Islam's current placing isn't because of Khabib. Rather his recent rise (instead of making his way up the ranks earlier in his career) is indirectly because of Khabib (though not Khabib's fault)

Back