Khabib’s wrestling vs Gregor Gillespie’s wrestling...

USAwrestling532

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How does it compare?

Gregor Gillespie NCAA D1 Champ

What are Khabib’s wrestling credentials and how do they compare to Gregor’s?

Their style is certainly different. Khabib doesn’t shoot double leg takedowns the way Gregor does.

And idk how their striking matches up.

I would die to see this fight.

Gillespie's a very good, he seems to have better double leg and open cage takedown on Khabib, not very impressed by his top game though, Khabib is much better on the ground.

They actually kind of remind me of each other, in terms of pressure, top control, and GnP.

Great on open mat. Solid top game but not wowed by it. Great overall.

I think Khabib is better but Gregor is a beast in his own right.

NCAA is jokes compared to wrestling in the bloc countries

NCAA is jokes compared to wrestling in the bloc countries

I guess that's why no NCAA champs ever do well in the Olympics. Someone needs to tell Daniel Cormier.

In terms of pure wrestling Gillespie is better, but I think Khabib is a better all round grappler

I guess that's why no NCAA champs ever do well in the Olympics. Someone needs to tell Daniel Cormier.
When did he win NCAA championships? I thought he was always Sanderson's bitch(as was everyone else in college)?

When did he win NCAA championships? I thought he was always Sanderson's bitch(as was everyone else in college)?

That's fine. Both Cormier and Sanderson were NCAA wrestlers who had great international accomplishments after college. So that still proves my point.

That's fine. Both Cormier and Sanderson were NCAA wrestlers who had great international accomplishments after college. So that still proves my point.
but Cormier was never an NCAA champ and everyone else here mentioned won the top championship in their respective fields at the time - Khabib world sambo, Sanderson 4 time NCAA champion(not included olympic gold), Gregor was NCAA champ multiple times i believe, Jordan Burroughs 2 time ncaa champ and olympic gold, Snyder 3 time NCAA champion, World, Olympic champion and Triple crown in same year.

If they fought they'd cancel each other out in the wrestling, and Gregor would win the standup.

McGregor vs Gregor is the real fight we need to see

Gregors has better credentials, whereas Khabib was more of a sambo guy. But Khabibs MMA wrestling is far more proven.

Gillespie has good hands and great wrestling, the disparity between he and khabib is weight/size. Gregor should be at fw

Khabib has better grappling for MMA as Sambo actually uses submissions.

Traditional wrestling is absolutely awesome but as they transition to fightingthey really have to adapt the style as plain wrestling leaves you vunerable in a limited rules bout with strikes and out of position for sub defenses.

khabib vs gillespie would be better than khabib vs mcgregor. we all know khabib will take mcgregor down and smash him on the ground. I want to see what khabib would do when gillespie stuffs his takedowns

khabib vs gillespie would be better than khabib vs mcgregor. we all know khabib will take mcgregor down and smash him on the ground. I want to see what khabib would do when gillespie stuffs his takedowns

I could not agree with you more. I’m dying to see that fight but I doubt it happens

You think we’ll ever see it?

If Khabib disposes of Conor and Gillespie gets another impressive win...why not?

I don't know if we will but I fucking sure hope we do

It's sad and pathetic but Gregor is going to have to up his game if he ever wants this fight or he's gunna be the Assuncao of LW

After this Conor fight, Khabib will be a mega star himself, then will probably fight Diaz or Dustin in another mega fight

He will think he's too big to fight some NY wrestler who openly doesn't even care about fighting or talking shit, just wants to go fishing (I love him for that)
But in the WME era, I could see vick getting a shot before him just because he will talk some crap

Gregors has better credentials, whereas Khabib was more of a sambo guy. But Khabibs MMA wrestling is far more proven.

Proven against who though? Khabib looks dominant when he's wrestling guys who come to strike like Barboza, Al and Johnson. Tibau stuffed his takedowns though, and I remember he had trouble with Kamal Shalarous (though he is an olympian I think).

It's going to be interesting when Khabib fights a wrestler. I think someone like Lee or Gregor would outgrapple him.

Back