KGB defector Yuri Beznemov on ideological subversion (or psychological warfare)

So let me get this straight.

The Russians engineered the American Civil Rights Revolution, in the 1960's, when they themselves were Communists, because they believed that Communist ideas weakened a nation's ability to ideologically defend its core virtues, and was certain to undermine American strength in the long-term, fail, and collapse American government/civilization? FFS. Tell me: how did Russia control our education system to "demoralize" us? How did they "confuse" us when we remained virulently anti-Communist and anti-Soviet all the way through the 1980's when we successfully engineered the Soviet collapse?

Yeah, real fucking geniuses there. Clearly they were super successful.

You know what he's describing? He's describing RussiaToday. Ironically, that channel is feeding our extreme political right, and the other various CT-types stupid and fearful enough to drink this shit up as if it is (or has ever been) a legitimate, effective strategic threat.
I agree with this take even four years later, and am surprised this clip has been showing up and talked about SO MUCH lately!

Would people please stop posting this in the year 2020, everyone's seen it a billion times in the last month!

Bezmenov interviews are great. Helps to explain a lot of what we're seeing today especially coming out of the school system in terms of cultural Marxism.

The subversion programs never ended when the cold war wound down in large part because they were supported by powerful people within the US.
i was actually thinking the opposite the other day.

They started in the late 60s, and by his words, should have come to fruition by the early 90s. I feel like USSR capsizing put it all on hold, wherein it fired up again, im not sure when. recently. maybe ten years. and here we are, ready to be taken.

You know what he's describing? He's describing RussiaToday. Ironically, that channel is feeding our extreme political right, and the other various CT-types stupid and fearful enough to drink this shit up as if it is (or has ever been) a legitimate, effective strategic threat.
<PlusJuan>

he was never in the KGB, he was a nobody recruited by the CIA because he was good at lying and aggrandizing himself.

Back