KF Fighter Gi?

d

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have a KF Fighter gi? I heard they are really good but I havent seen anyone with one in a long time. Seems that I can only find the gold weave for sale and its quite a bit more at $105 than the Atama gold. Anyone know how it compares to the other gold weaves out?

On a side note I have a Howard unbleached single size 5 top/4 pants worn once that I will be selling since the top is too big. I'm 160lbs and it should fit someone around 170-180 a lot better. I will probably put it on ebay for around $40 soon. PM me if interested.

The KF is a decent mid-range gi especially the export version. They also give some pretty good colour variations. It shrinks quite a bit though. Quite flash but decent brand and quality.

Seeing you are Stateside, I'd suggest contacting Alex at Riofightwear.com who stocks them and will give you the best price and service for the KF.

Check out the feedback on the KF on our website
http://locker-room.fightgear.net/kimono.htm

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the quick info. Sounds like a good gi but unless I can find one for lower price I dont think I will be picking one up...

Fightgear UK said:
The KF is a decent mid-range gi especially the export version. They also give some pretty good colour variations. It shrinks quite a bit though. Quite flash but decent brand and quality.

Seeing you are Stateside, I'd suggest contacting Alex at Riofightwear.com who stocks them and will give you the best price and service for the KF.

Hope it helps.

i got the one fightgear uk are selling from tatame-with the yellow and green stripes on the shoulders. when i first put it on it was an A3 but fit like a a4 - I put it in the wash at 40 degrees it shrunk to fit very well. the top is comfy- and i really like the pant- thick but not too thick.

KF fighter are very underated in my opinion- there newer stuff is top quality

Fightgear UK said:

Hope it helps.

Roy you live in our heart and please help Alex , that guy is overwhelmed :redface:

RIOFIGHTWEAR said:
Roy you live in our heart and please help Alex , that guy is overwhelmed :redface:

Out of curiosity what is the difference between your regular KF gi and the "export" version???
Thanks

The 'export' version has more patches and is a different design. Also originally it was a different spec to the later rule changes in BJJ. I think I remember being told that a couple of companies made gi that wouldn't be allowed in the Mundials so they sold them as export. Not a problem elsewhere though. Now they just use the term to describe that model of gi.

i bought a KF because it was the cheapest one listed. it only shrank a tiny bit and i've had it for almost 2 yrs. it took a long time to break in, but now is very comfortable. the pants were shit though.

Check us out. We have a large selection of Fighter kimonos and we ship for FREE.

BFW TEAM

Back