Keysi Figthing Method (KFM) discussion

Lol, way to resurrect a 3 year old thread where most of the respected posters panned this art in a lame attempt to drum up some publicity for this crap...

If KFM is so good, enter a MMA event and do some KFM moves. Until then, shut up or take this to somewhere like MAP where this kind of thing is appreciated.
the white guys head of kfm in the uk

YouTube - Tony Davis vs Sam Reddin UWC 7

It was used in Batman The Dark Knight... Look at the scenes in that movie... Its pretty much a series of elbows and really tight attacks... That all i know about it

Some info in here.

Looks ok, don't know how effective those pain strikes are in a real fight though.

Looks like a brutal ground and pound... that instructor looks like he's beating the shit out of his students

His counter to a siccor sweep apears to be a hammer fist to the bicep...

dont know much about this style.. but i do know Christian Bale kicked alot of ass using it in Batman

I watched videos on youtube, cause my buddy showed me, he's obsessed with this. Some of the stuff is really cool. I like the grabbing the face and headbutting thing. And block with elbows, seems pretty cool. Somebody probably mentioned this, I didn't read through the thread, but they used this in the Dark Knight.

All I know is that this style was Batman's main fight style in Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

[YT]-mDHFpluD_c[/YT]

[YT]xzqKpc1Kbo4[/YT]

FACT-

the guys who originated this, are the ones who choreagraph the dark knight/batman begins fight scenes and trained christian bale for the role

FACT-

the guys who originated this, are the ones who choreagraph the dark knight/batman begins fight scenes and trained christian bale for the role

FACT:
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are movies and aren't real.

i like the instructional with the two guys sitting in chairs, they don't train that at gracie combatives.

maybe i will get flamed for this, but you guys are way off, just goes to show how ignorant you all are, -- they are the best german industrial rock band of all time

I've heard of it. My friend always likes to learn about new martial arts and came across Keysi.

I saw a video and I didn't like what I saw. A lot of it looked like some Hollywood-ized empty handed Kali that you might see in the Bourne movies or in Taken.

Then they had this weird thing where the guy had his hands on his own head and had his elbows chicken winged, and he was swinging his upper body around hitting the guy with his elbows... weird...

It sounds a lot like Krav Maga, which I've actually done. I learned some cool stuff at Krav you won't learn at an MMA gym but a lot of Krav in the US has become so commercialized that it is a little sad. Sounds like Keysi is trying too hard to sell itself.

Keysi is a very unique system and to say it can't be used in MMA is a little close minded.

If you want to see the applications of it's techniques check out KFM Training on YouTube by Andy Norman, one of the founders of the style. It's geared specifically for MMA matches. The techniques he shows use the system within the rules of the sport and they are very effective, especially in opening areas for striking from the closed guard and mounted positions.

MMA is supposed to be Mixed - incoporating all sorts of styles in combat.

As far as I can see, the techniques can be used in the ring with realiabilty....if you train hard at it, of course....

It's geared specifically for MMA matches. The techniques he shows use the system within the rules of the sport and they are very effective, especially in opening areas for striking from the closed guard and mounted positions.

I think that MMA training covers striking from guard and mount within its ruleset already. And doesn't allocate any useful time you've paid for to LARPing as Batman. Ka-pow.

tsomemark said:
As far as I can see, the techniques can be used in the ring with realiabilty....if you train hard at it, of course....

The great thing about, say, a jab, is that you don't have train that hard at it for it to be used with reliability, as it pretty much works straight out of the box. Like your dad's vibrator, only quieter and less frequently utilised during televised MMA competition.

Who would win in a fight, Royce Gracie or Batman??

If you answered, Batman... then POW!! KFM wins again!

If you study FKK (fairytale kryptonian karate) you will learn to shoot laser beams from your eyeballs and be able to jump over buildings and s

Last edited:
Back