Keysi Figthing Method (KFM) discussion

steffe79

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering does anyone done some KFM training? Since this MA is unfamiliar to me, I would like to know first hand experssions of it. Currently I'm training bjj and mt, so this would seem to be good addition to my current training schedule. I searched the net and Sherdog, but couldn't find any good info of this. So, you who have done this or are familiar with it, please give some coverage of it.

For what I've gathered this is somewhat of mixed bag of JKD, BJJ, KM etc.

Their official site isn't up yet http://www.keysi-uk.com/

And here are some borrowed texts of KFM:

The Keysi Fighting Method

Blaze Martial Arts is the only academy in Berkshire affiliated to this incredible Martial Art. Although very new to the UK, The Keysi Fighting Method is an extreme Martial Art.

Its key focus is on self-defence for the street and encourages freethinking with an 'anything and everything works' attitude, something rarely found in traditional Martial Art systems. Its founder, Justo Dieguez is considered by many to be a hand to hand combat genius and it is for this reason that the Keysi Fighting Method is one of the most dynamic and realistic Martial Arts for the modern day.

and

The Keysi Fighting Method, also known as Keysi or KFM, is based on a series of tight, controlled, efficient movements. An evolving discipline that was founded only 20 years ago, Keysi is an intuitive, low-grounded fighting method that requires superior leg and upper body strength, with a strong emphasis on mental focus and awareness. Unlike other martial arts developed for sport, KFM lends itself to combat in close quarters and can be applied to fighting in any environment, against multiple attackers from all directions.

Also, here is a pdf file of KFM (in german)

so, share your thoughts.

anything that claims to be " better than Sport oriented styles" you should avoid unless you can/are 1) in the military such as the IDF and 2) can train like you are in the military.

and 3)you can actually use these techniques without any legal problem (" sorry sr. but i killed the guy with a knife in his throat and ripped off his eyes afterwards because he started a streetfight with me")

Don't you bring that crap here. I don't do a wardance on your carpet while I have dog shit on my boots, don't come here and do the same in this folder.

.... this incredible Martial Art.....an extreme Martial Art.......Its founder, Justo Dieguez is considered by many to be a hand to hand combat genius.......one of the most dynamic and realistic Martial Arts for the modern day.......is based on a series of tight, controlled, efficient movements............can be applied to fighting in any environmen........against multiple attackers from all directions.

I've never heard of it. The stuff just sounds like a marketing "spiel" to me. I'd be wary about statements like: "Justo Dieguez is considered by many to be a hand to hand combat genius" and "can be applied to fighting in any environment, against multiple attackers from all directions"

It might be OK but I wouldnt be holding my breath. I checked at Bullshido but no-one seems to know anything there either. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4530&highlight=keysi

If this fighting style is so badass, I expect to see it dominating the UFC and Pride soon... unless this art is just too deadly.

judogido said:
I've never heard of it. The stuff just sounds like a marketing "spiel" to me. I'd be wary about statements like: "Justo Dieguez is considered by many to be a hand to hand combat genius" and "can be applied to fighting in any environment, against multiple attackers from all directions"

Yeah, it has been presented in a be all end all type of art, and I'm skeptic about it. Especially if someones portrayed as fighting genius. But I've seen some seminars being arranged with bjj and kfm together, so that got my attention.

johil d'o said:
If this fighting style is so badass, I expect to see it dominating the UFC and Pride soon... unless this art is just too deadly.

Yes, I don't know about this anymore than you do. Except its some sort of grappling based art or some type of Krav Maga influenced style. So, don't think it'll be that effective in either org. It's more based on handling multiple attackers.

Superbeast said:
Don't you bring that crap here. I don't do a wardance on your carpet while I have dog shit on my boots, don't come here and do the same in this folder.

What the h...? My puppy's house broken. If Bas were to talk about it all would be like: "wow, whats this?".

I've managed to find little thread in martialartsplanet.com here. Some of them seem to say its JKD mixed with BJJ in a streetwise manner. So, if anyone has done it, share your insight.

Any martial art purporting to teach you to deal with multiple attackers, knives, guns, etc., is pretty much always drifting off into the realm of fantasy.

Zankou said:
Any martial art purporting to teach you to deal with multiple attackers, knives, guns, etc., is pretty much always drifting off into the realm of fantasy.

Yes, pretty much so. But thats not the point. I want to hear about KFM, since it's new to me.

I've heard of it, read about it in some magazines and I've seen a demo of it. I personally feel walking around with your elbows in front of your chin and arms pointing out to the side is not smart and that there are other better arts out there.

The was a lot of hype about this in a UK Martial Arts Mag a few years ago, but looked like a JKD - with lots of horizontal hammer fists and some BJJ thrown in. BUt all the pictures show people covering their heads, and not protecting their bodies.

Nothing really innovative, but not bad if you want a JKB type of system.

The main guy (Justo?) does quite a nice flying armbar/flying choke move.

its not MMA,
its not proven or tested like MMA styles or sport styles.

I think its like the next Krav maga without the military back ground.

how did they get hooked up with Batman???

m-tech said:
The was a lot of hype about this in a UK Martial Arts Mag a few years ago, but looked like a JKD - with lots of horizontal hammer fists and some BJJ thrown in. BUt all the pictures show people covering their heads, and not protecting their bodies.

Nothing really innovative, but not bad if you want a JKB type of system.

The main guy (Justo?) does quite a nice flying armbar/flying choke move.

Seconded. Used to see it in Martial Arts Illustrated I think. It's not that "new" and it seemed like JKD.

To be perfectlly honest with you about all your posts, you speak from a demo, a clip here or there on youtube and so on.
I PERSONALLY trained with the founders in SPain and I have found it to be a perfect and NECESSARRY BLEND TO MMA or any other Martial Arts you train.
You have no idea why they cover there heads "sometimes" and I HIGHLY recommend that you visit a SEMINAR DIRECTLY from Justo and Andy this OCTOBER at Combatives USA Self Defense Training Center in Long Island....

They even are in the process of creating an MMA team, so until ten, test the waters first,,,I heard the same crap about vforce fighting, until one of my friends went and said "DUDE I WAS SO WRONG, THAT INSTRUCTOR KICKS ASS...."

I dont knock anyones opinion, but I take it as just that opinion....Until I see it and TRAIN in it, I say nothing bad about anothers system.

Peace Guys - Zipit

To be perfectlly honest with you about all your posts, you speak from a demo, a clip here or there on youtube and so on.
I PERSONALLY trained with the founders in SPain and I have found it to be a perfect and NECESSARRY BLEND TO MMA or any other Martial Arts you train.
You have no idea why they cover there heads "sometimes" and I HIGHLY recommend that you visit a SEMINAR DIRECTLY from Justo and Andy this OCTOBER at Combatives USA Self Defense Training Center in Long Island....

They even are in the process of creating an MMA team, so until ten, test the waters first,,,I heard the same crap about vforce fighting, until one of my friends went and said "DUDE I WAS SO WRONG, THAT INSTRUCTOR KICKS ASS...."

I dont knock anyones opinion, but I take it as just that opinion....Until I see it and TRAIN in it, I say nothing bad about anothers system.

Peace Guys - Zipit

lol

Lol, way to resurrect a 3 year old thread where most of the respected posters panned this art in a lame attempt to drum up some publicity for this crap...

If KFM is so good, enter a MMA event and do some KFM moves. Until then, shut up or take this to somewhere like MAP where this kind of thing is appreciated.

Back